PGT - Arizona at Vancouver - 01/18/2024

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Dhaliwal thinks todays announcement could be a Jim Rutherford extension

Could very well be... 

If JR wants to continue, what else can he do... the team has been different class, since he became President. 

2 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Dhaliwal thinks todays announcement could be a Jim Rutherford extension

fine, but… boooooring lol

i want to hear about a big extension, trade, or switch to the skate jerseys!

10 hours ago, Jester13 said:

So you're still thinking rebuild while we're first in the league? Weird strategy.

Nope. Kuzmenko will do as well or better with Petey and JT as Boeser, so we have a Boeser sub, and we could gain a good asset by trading Brock, not so much with Kuz. That's the way I see it.

10 hours ago, Pears said:

What's not gonna happen is Allvin even thinking of moving Boeser. Key part of one of the best lines in the entire league and why we're currently first overall? Come on. 

Ok, Brock is so good, so what will he bring us in a trade? What Dman ? What second line center? I can't wait.😀

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Rutherford and Allvin today walking into Rogers like ...

pimp-walking.gif

But if you asked them, they would answer, "We haven't won anything yet."

They have been to the mountain top and know how hard it is to get there, and what the team still needs.  

Great times to be a canucks fan. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

By three games if I am not mistaken over the 2010 - 2011 team.

At the 45-game mark, the 2010-11 Canucks were 29-10-6 with 64 points. We're currnetly 30-11-4 with...64 points. 2010-11 team went 6-0-3 in their next nine to follow.

22 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

another president's trophy?

Not as important except they will have home ice advantage all 4 rounds.  

More importantly is how they can play in the playoffs.   So far they have shown they can play tight hockey, grind with physical plays, and maintain one goal leads.   They don't collapse like years past when faced with adversity.  

2010-2011 team would beat this one imo

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Actually I want to win, not contend.

And you believe the best way to win is to....trade players that are doing well?

Interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

2010-2011 team would beat this one imo

In the regular season I agree. Playoffs are a different animal. While the 2010/11 team might be the best team we've ever had, top to bottom, and as much as I love those guys, that roster just wasn't mentally strong enough, and they were exposed by both the Bruins and the Blackhawks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Ok, Brock is so good, so what will he bring us in a trade? What Dman ? What second line center? I can't wait.😀

Sorry I didn't realize we were still rebuilding and not first in the league. 

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

And you believe the best way to win is to....trade players that are doing well?

Interesting. 

In the regular season I agree. Playoffs are a different animal. While the 2010/11 team might be the best team we've ever had, top to bottom, and as much as I love those guys, that roster just wasn't mentally strong enough, and they were exposed by both the Bruins and the Blackhawks. 

Dunno, if both teams were really equal healthwise come playoff time I'd still take 2010-2011

That's the caveat of that cup run for me, by the time we got to the final we were so beat up that it was more of a cup stumble, and then we took even more of a beating in the final health wise 

I know that the playoffs are a grind, but at the end of the day the best team didn't win that year, the healthier one did 

Although Thomas was nuts on the ice, there's no denying that 

26 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

At the 45-game mark, the 2010-11 Canucks were 29-10-6 with 64 points. We're currnetly 30-11-4 with...64 points. 2010-11 team went 6-0-3 in their next nine to follow.

I was mistaken, this team did it 45 games which is 4 better than both the 2010 - 2011 and 201 - 2012 teams, both of which went on to win the President's Trophy in both years ... apparently ... someone can fact check this as well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4d5f335f44e1bccf7729f62adb78f105.jpeg

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1