PGT - Arizona at Vancouver - 01/18/2024

PhillipBlunt

5 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

I was mistaken, this team did it 45 games which is 4 better than both the 2010 - 2011 and 201 - 2012 teams, both of which went on to win the President's Trophy in both years ... apparently ... someone can fact check this as well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4d5f335f44e1bccf7729f62adb78f105.jpeg

Yep, the 2010-11 Canucks lost the next three games after game 45 in OT or shootout, but finally won again in game 49 to make it 30 wins.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

It's gonna be about the helmets

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Tin foil?

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Petey's new contract.

Would love a Petey contract but not much chance of that.

Also love the tin foil helmets.

But my longshot guess is something about the (mythical) practice facility. (Just a wild guess).

I think the JR contract is the most likely possibility.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

It's funny but the Yotes did fight and the Canucks had to battle for the win so kudos on the Yotes for putting up a fight

For sure. They certainly could compete for a playoff spot if they play like that. Shame their ownership is such a shit show.

9 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Would love a Petey contract but not much chance of that.

Also love the tin foil helmets.

But my longshot guess is something about the (mythical) practice facility. (Just a wild guess).

I think the JR contract is the most likely possibility.

Yup, it'll be the JR extension 

48 minutes ago, Pears said:

Sorry I didn't realize we were still rebuilding and not first in the league. 

How is having a better player take Boesr's place rebuilding? Personally, I will take a Dakota Joshua clone for Boeser. Is there a team out there that would go for that? Probably not. Would you?

Edited by Malibu

It’s apparent Kuz is having a very bad year.  Is there something personal going on that can explain his poor play?  Trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he needs a boost of confidence.  Wonder if Tocchet would split Lotto line in order to get Kuz game going.  He added EP back to get his game another boost and it worked wonders.

EP Miller Kuz

Mik Suter Boeser

Just a random thought.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This team has more push back.

Even if you get under Petey's skin he will not "just take it".

Ya I think it would be very close 

It could go either way… both teams have their strengths…

1 hour ago, Malibu said:

Nope. Kuzmenko will do as well or better with Petey and JT as Boeser, so we have a Boeser sub, and we could gain a good asset by trading Brock, not so much with Kuz. That's the way I see it.

Ummmm no.... this is one of the worst takes I've read in a while.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Hmm not necessarily 

I like their D better. I'd take Edler, Erhoff, Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Salo over our current group in a seven game series despite lacking a Hughes caliber offensive D.

Their center depth throughout their top three lines was better. Sedin, Kesler, Malhotra. 

Prime aged Luongo could absolutely match Demko despite being a Jekyll and Hyde bit at times. 

It was one of the most statistically dominant teams in the modern era. 

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This team has more push back.

Even if you get under Petey's skin he will not "just take it".

Dunno, that team had it's characters too.

Bieksa, Torres, Higgins, Hansen, Kesler, Burr, Lapierre, Rome, Alberts, Samuelsson, Glass, Rypien, Volpatti, Oreskovich. Even Hamhuis and Salo could be chippy.

That team could play chippy too, but Boston was absolutely chippier at the end of the day. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Malibu said:

How is having a better player take Boesr's place rebuilding? Personally, I will take a Dakota Joshua clone for Boeser. Is there a team out there that would go for that? Probably not. Would you?

How many players are on a 40 goal pace? How many contending teams trade those kinds of players?

• Vintage 2

37 minutes ago, BPA said:

It’s apparent Kuz is having a very bad year.  Is there something personal going on that can explain his poor play?  Trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe he needs a boost of confidence.  Wonder if Tocchet would split Lotto line in order to get Kuz game going.  He added EP back to get his game another boost and it worked wonders.

EP Miller Kuz

Mik Suter Boeser

Just a random thought.

Tocchet wants him to do more. Attack the puck, attack the play, attack the forecheck, be more aggressive.

They're playing a different, tighter, system oriented style of play than when Bruce was here. 

Kuz can't just sit in the slot, the front of the net, or park himself at the side of the net, looking for tip ins or waiting for the open side. 

A poster here a few weeks ago said it best ... someone has to go and get the puck. 

Kuz is having difficulty adapting to the system. He has to go through this to get better. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Ever since Kuz took that JT shot in the face, he hasn’t been the same.  It’s all in his head right now..

I still think he is going to be a playoff gem,

he is flying under the radar with other teams as he is sorting his play out ..

Damn puck luck for him right now,.  Could easily have had 3 goals last night..

a bit more patience is needed .

He is going to the right areas .