Sounds like trader Jim is staying

Coconuts

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rutherford never hired Boudreau. Aquilini did. The team stunk up the joint last year and Boudreau deserved to be fired. The parasites in the media are the ones to blame for following JR around when he was secretly talking to Tocchet. 

Also, Boudreau can’t stop talking about the Canucks. He sounds like a bitter old man. So I lost some respect for him too. 

i would be bitter and pissed too the way the situation was handled.. how many coaches in the NHL was kept on the team while the GM tosses fuel to the fire never publicly supporting you and kept you on the job while searching and interviewing your replacement before you are even fired? it should have been fired.. promote one of the assistant till the end of the year.. and then hire tocchet.. not interview tocchet.. basically have everything already settle done and decided.. drag it out until the easy part of the schedule and then fire the coach and instantly hire a new coach. so what if bruce all of a sudden had the team on a 10-12 game winning streak prior to the easy stretch? are they going to say well we already decided to fire him and wanted to wait till the easy part of the schedule to intergrat the new coach in. 

i'm not sure how most of you would feel if your boss is going to fire you and already puclicly interviewed and basically "hired" your replacement but want you to finish your current project first before firing you so your replacement would start off easy. if JR went about firing BB and then interview and hire tocchet afterward.. i don't have too much issue.. but interviewing prior to firing BB and then kept him on the job until the easy stretch of schedule is one of the most unprofessional act i've seen from a management stand point.. JR deserves every bit of the flak he gets.. and bruce have every right to be bitter about it because it was outright disgusting and unprofessional. 

aside from that can't really critize much about the job JR have done maybe the mikheyev signing was questionable 4 year 4.75 for a injury prone player that have never played more than 54 games or more than 32 points in any season.. and maybe a little bit on the kuzmenko situation.. i mean it's clear he's not a tocchet player and tocchet hates him.. he gets benched for every mistakes while other players on the team might miss a shift or 2.. can't exactly play hockey confidently when you are worried about the next mistake you make. should have already traded kuzmenko while he had value.. with every passing game his value continues to plummet to the point i question if he even have any value.. teams that are interested would possibly be asking for retention or a cap dump back.. why would they want to help you out and pay for a player that's sitting on the bench of pressbox and give you cap space? if someone offered value for kuzmenko he'd prolly already been traded by now. 

Good for JR.  And Rutherford totally reminds me of my old man the way he lets these brutally honest comments slip out all the time.  Even if he’s completely right (and JR seems to be right about Bruce) the bluntness always ruffles feathers in a way that just isn’t productive with younger generation.

Case in point: the little Kuzmenko comment seems pretty telling and will likely cause a stir… but I get where JR is coming from.  I don’t know how “all in” we are this year, but we’re certainly going for it.  

And if Kuz doesn’t turn it around in a hurry there just isn’t any room for passengers - and I love Kuzmenko’s skill and attitude.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Let the guy play in peace. 

Most of these media journalists are idiots. 

He's an RFA and it will be worked out at the latest, this offseason. 

Unless it happens before, but there's no point continually asking the same stupid bonehead questions. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

His conduct was unacceptable then and it still isn't.  I'm not going to pretend to respect a Poho with the kind of character issues that Rutherford displays, and I'm going to call him out every time he opens his trap and proves just how much of a piece of garbage he is.

If he keeps us winning and brings us back to being a perennial contender then who cares. 

A decade of losing..... then JR and PA. 

Nuff said

• Vintage 1

Just now, Bobby Lou said:

If he keeps us winning and brings us back to being a perennial contender then who cares. 

A decade of losing..... then JR and PA. 

Nuff said

The dead cap he inflicted on the franchise prevents that from being realistic.  Regardless, I'd still rather have someone respectable running the franchises instead of the worthless pieces of trash currently doing the job.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The dead cap he inflicted on the franchise prevents that from being realistic.  Regardless, I'd still rather have someone respectable running the franchises instead of the worthless pieces of trash currently doing the job.

Is there anything Rutherford could do to redeem himself in your eyes?

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

4.25M over 2 yrs is the worst of it and it beats paying 7.25M for a player that doesn't fit our systems until 2027.

As long as we continue to build and hang on to our futures... guys like Lek, Raty and Willander coming up all on cheap ELCs our window will stay open.

Blaming the OEL buyout on Rutherford is mute... wrong Jimmy bro

20 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Unless it happens before, but there's no point continually asking the same stupid bonehead questions. 

And there's also no point in speculating or trying to infer what this means or what that means when EP40 says or doesn't say something.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Numbnuts reporters like Lalji can't help themselves. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

At first, I didn't know how I'd feel about this, except that Benning was gone, so whoever they got, it would, had to, be a big improvement; He is. Glad his heath still

is good enough to keep on keepin on !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I freaking love JR and Tocchet... 

Neither fannies about, but tells it as it is...  

After hearing Tocchet, I am not sure whether Kuz is history or not, but it is on point, what he says.

He is trying to coach Kuz and teach him, but there can be no passengers... If he doesn't, play as expected, its unfair on the other players not to get recognised with more minutes...

Looks like he is just about to explode with all the questions regarding Kuzmenko... Can even imagine him asking PA to trade Kuz as its becoming a distraction...

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

And there's also no point in speculating or trying to infer what this means or what that means when EP40 says or doesn't say something.

Exactly. Nobody knows shit, including the talking heads on this board. Absolute waste of time and energy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Rutherford signing today. Allvin sign next week? Then watch out, big trades a comin'! Or at least I'm hoping.

It sounds like JR/Allvin want to "reward" the players and give them every opportunity to win this year. How exciting! Gone are the days of making nothing trades, as if throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks (Benning).  JR/Allvin trades are calculated, smart moves.

Well, if they're really going for it, would be very interesting to see this Top 6 down the stretch and into the playoffs

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Lindholm - Mikheyev