Sounds like trader Jim is staying

Coconuts

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Good move to stop Acquilini from meddling with the team and stay on the sidelines. Benning was to blame for some of our poor decisions but FA definitely had a part to play too. 

Agreed. JR would never have come here unless he had full control. Kudos on Aquaman giving him those reins and staying out of his way. JR is doing a fantastic job.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Most others are capable of disagreeing respectfully.  You, for whatever reason, aren't.    Use the ignore feature if you need a safe space where my words can't hurt you.

I’m far from hurt! I’m just tired of your toxic negativity & hate! 

You aren’t perfect (no one is), but seem to be above all criticism / being called out for the behaviour mentioned. Up on your pedestal. Yet, you’re allowed to constantly throw it at JR & RT. Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

King Of The Hill No GIF

That's some next level conviction.

My thoughts on Benning are well documented here but if he had brought a cup to the team, let alone two(!), I'd lay the bricks on the foundation of the pedestal where we'd put his statue on lol. 

Edited by DSVII

44 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

His conduct was unacceptable then and it still isn't.  I'm not going to pretend to respect a Poho with the kind of character issues that Rutherford displays, and I'm going to call him out every time he opens his trap and proves just how much of a piece of garbage he is.

You are a funny, angry man!

I’m gonna go ahead and take a guess that your middle name is not “Nuance”. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The bit about the practice facility is the best Canucks related news I've read in a while, should have been figured out years ago 

I'm more optimistic about Allvin going forward than Rutherford though, if Rutherford has been as hands off with the GM role as he's said Allvin's been doing good work 

Which isn't to say Rutherford isn't a good resource for Allvin or that he's not an important buffer between management and ownership 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And the team sucked because management set him up to fail and was publicly sabotaging him.  Hard to expect a total buy in when the boss is constantly throwing him under the bus.  Rutherford was a cancer in the room and ownership is to blame for not telling him that he needs to stay acting like a professional if he wants to remain employed.

Rutherford and remaining employed, im

sure isn't what he's shooting for at this point.  Legacy yep! 

The whining by the vapid media sorts about what Rutherford said about Kuzmenko is hilarious. I know these types live to criticize what they could never do themselves, but do they honestly think that Jim would seek to undercut himself? Are they drawing their mazing insight from their experiences as general managers of hockey teams? 

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I like the "whether it's in Vancouver or another NHL city" comment

He's priming the pump for a trade.

That's how I see it, but it's also a comment he could have probably not made publicly. He doesn't need to say that to the media, he'd probably been better off just speaking to other GM's with Allvin on the down low. 

Like I said, sometimes I think Rutherford is too honest for his own good, Allvin is much better at giving answers that aren't really answers and I think that's the better approach in Vancouver even if it is more frustrating to hear. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, DSVII said:

That's some next level conviction.

My thoughts on Benning are well documented here but if he had brought a cup to the team, let alone two(!), I'd lay the bricks on the foundation of the pedestal where we'd put his statue on lol. 

If Jack Gordon had brought us a Cup, I'd be willing to sacrifice Alflives.🥸

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

I'm going to continue to post my honest opinion.  I'd say you can cut out the personal attacks on other posters, but I've yet to see evidence of you being capable of doing so.

Can’t we all get along? We have a great team and ARE entitled to our opinions.

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I'll say this: I'm not a fan of the way Rutherford handled the Boudreau situation and I don't respect him as a result of that. That said, he knows the right people to hire to get the job done, so on the hockey front, he's done well.

Part of me wonders if Rutherford saw the bit on Boudreau LOVING WWF/WWE wrestling and was like 'wtf..this adult is paid a lot of cash to lead a real sport team doing real sport things and he is a big fan of fake sports? Time to move on from this". 

I get a kick out of wrestling, even knowing how fake it is, from time to time. A hold over from my childhood when Cindi Lauper was chillin in the Wrasslers. But I would be a little skeptical of a manager in any of my businesses being a HUGE FAN of the entertainment product late into adulthood. Bit of a red flag or nothing to Rutherford? I wonder.

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Part of me wonders if Rutherford saw the bit on Boudreau LOVING WWF/WWE wrestling and was like 'wtf..this adult is paid a lot of cash to lead a real sport team doing real sport things and he is a big fan of fake sports? Time to move on from this". 

I get a kick out of wrestling, even knowing how fake it is, from time to time. A hold over from my childhood when Cindi Lauper was chillin in the Wrasslers. But I would be a little skeptical of a manager in any of my businesses being a HUGE FAN of the entertainment product late into adulthood. Bit of a red flag or nothing to Rutherford? I wonder.

It could be the case for Rutherford, but personally, I think to make such a call based on his own hobbies and interests would be a bit silly. I play tons of video games and I imagine many people in my industry, especially older people, might think I'm wasting my time on a childish hobby, but at the end of the day, what matters is that I deliver when it comes to my job duties. I'd expect Rutherford to have the same attitude, but some people have a weird obsession with things like that and maybe he was one of them. My guess would be probably not though.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

It could be the case for Rutherford, but personally, I think to make such a call based on his own hobbies and interests would be a bit silly. I play tons of video games and I imagine many people in my industry, especially older people, might think I'm wasting my time on a childish hobby, but at the end of the day, what matters is that I deliver when it comes to my job duties. I'd expect Rutherford to have the same attitude, but some people have a weird obsession with things like that and maybe he was one of them. My guess would be probably not though.

True. I too play far too many hours of video gaming in a week, hehehe. I am lucky though, met my wife decades ago and our first real date was to an arcade: she beat Golden Axe with her first quarter and I fell in love. ❤️ Should point out that while she is still an avid gamer, she taught at the Royal Military College and clerked at the Supreme Court during her career. The two can be mutually exclusive. 

I guess what I was leaning towards saying but never got around to it was if BB was on the fence, that kind of leaning into fake wrestling so publicly may have been the final straw, it was like days before his tenure quickly ended. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I thought he said that he'd shut up and start acting like a professional after the embarrassment his misconduct caused last year?

We thought you said you were jumping on the Seattle bandwagon and not coming back… but here you are!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1