Sounds like trader Jim is staying

Coconuts

5 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

‘wait until the end of the year’ actually gives me some confidence. Guy just doesn’t want to sign during the season. 

Petey knows what's up

Beginning of season - $9-10 million

End of Playoffs (Cup championship) - $14 million

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

No.

Did he sleep with your wife or something? Maybe your mom? Not sure what all the hate is about. If your hate is connected to the way the Boudreau firing / Tocchet hiring went down, well, that's typically the way it's done in business. I'm always so surprised with the way the NHL does it, and obviously the way we've become accustomed, thinking that that is the way it's done. It's not. Typically in business you have the replacement ready to go before you can the incumbent. As was mentioned above, it's the media that's to blame for that mess, not JR. And even then, really, the media did their job...especially in an entertainment business. The idea for them is to "get the scoop" and to generate interest, emotion and opinion...they certainly did that. The fact that JR was not able to conduct normal business without being under a media microscope is hardly his fault. 

• Cheers 3

46 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

[Canucks Central] Jim Rutherford on Pettersson + Deadline Options #canucksCentral 
https://podcastaddict.com/canucks-central/episode/170036423 

I think JR just talks frankly and he sees several steps ahead and not just the next move.   Of course, if EP doesn't want to stay, they need to trade him.  

Petey wants to stay.  That's my opinion.  He's betting on himself.  If he backs up last years 102 points with another 100+ point season (his 59 points in 45 games pro-rates to 108) he'll be able to dictate his terms. 

My wish?  He's going to be a wealthy man whatever he signs for.  Who knows, maybe he'll sign a modest contract like Crosby did.  If he sets an example by doing that, setting a low internal cap, it would really give the team the flexibility to be good for a long time.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Petey wants to stay.  That's my opinion.  He's betting on himself.  If he backs up last years 102 points with another 100+ point season (his 59 points in 45 games pro-rates to 108) he'll be able to dictate his terms. 

My wish?  He's going to be a wealthy man whatever he signs for.  Who knows, maybe he'll sign a modest contract like Crosby did.  If he sets an example by doing that, setting a low internal cap, it would really give the team the flexibility to be good for a long time.

I like to imagine he'll sign a mega contract after winning the Conn Smyth and the cup. 

Waiting until the off-season makes sense. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, tas said:

or perhaps a man of his experience is just long past the point of worrying about trivialities such as the way the hysterical public and media choose to parse his words. 

or perhaps he is losing his marbles, and no longer knows that his words about players and coaches can negatively effect the value of those assets.

Or  like many dinosaurs cannot adapt to the new world, and doesn't appreciate the damage his comments can make.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gurn said:

or perhaps he is losing his marbles, and no longer knows that his words about players and coaches can negatively effect the value of those assets.

Or  like many dinosaurs cannot adapt to the new world, and doesn't appreciate the damage his comments can make.

Guy who turn around our shity team in a year doesn't looks to me like dinosaurs..It looks that people here cant live without crap,and trying hard to find it.Maybe you are DINO????

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Gurn said:

You sound like a hater...

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Lemon Face said:

Compulsive disorder.Cant  breath if things are good

We clearly have some posters who will never be pleased, no matter how good our team is. After we win the Cup this June there will be some posters complaining it took 6 games instead of 5. And they will not like the colours of the convertibles the players are riding in during the Cup parade down Georgia. 

• ThereItIs 3

3 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Understood. Hopefully you still enjoy all the victories along the way. Cheers friend. 

Don't worry.  Imagine after we win the cup what kind of fun we will have with all of the haters.  It will be a thing of beauty.  It will be the best of times on this board.  Remember, the best revenge is success...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We clearly have some posters who will never be pleased, no matter how good our team is. After we win the Cup this June there will be some posters complaining it took 6 games instead of 5. And they will not like the colours of the convertibles the players are riding in during the Cup parade down Georgia. 

There private life maybe affect public one. So many unhappy souls around.Not even empties cant help.Serious meter.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

[Canucks Central] Jim Rutherford on Pettersson + Deadline Options #canucksCentral 
https://podcastaddict.com/canucks-central/episode/170036423 

I think JR just talks frankly and he sees several steps ahead and not just the next move.   Of course, if EP doesn't want to stay, they need to trade him.  

Exactly, no way they just let him walk to UFA. If he isn't signed this summer they will trade his ass outta town and get a bunch of pieces back to help us stay a top team in the league. Petey will sign here, he's swedish lol 

39 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Just because the world is changing doesn't mean it's changing for the better. Some of us hang onto the "old" world ways and we don't worry so much if someone is butt-hurt by our comments. We aren't being mean, we're just being real and practical. Sometimes I think the whole world has gone soft...oh wait...it has...bunch of whiny crybabies slobbering into their soy lattes because their EV won't stay charged long enough to get them home to momma's house so she can do their laundry. PFFT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Just because the world is changing doesn't mean it's changing for the better. Some of us hang onto the "old" world ways and we don't worry so much if someone is butt-hurt by our comments. We aren't being mean, we're just being real and practical. Sometimes I think the whole world has gone soft...oh wait...it has...bunch of whiny crybabies slobbering into their soy lattes because their EV won't stay charged long enough to get them home to momma's house so she can do their laundry. PFFT.

Nailed it!! Exactly how i feel / operate! 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, ABNuck said:

Must object sorry.You meant diapers????There is small problem.Earth is flat so walk home is long 😂

• Haha 3