[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

JT Miller breaks Daryl Sittler's points record in a single game record at Maple Leaf Gardens.  Will easily surpass Sundin scoring the shootout winner against his former team for us.

Book it.🥸

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

To each their own.

Enjoy your full bowl of crispy burnt wieners. 

Haha it was all just a play on your words... a Keyser Soze moment lol

• Haha 1

All this angst v/v the start time and the Leafs bias... as our 'Leader' said, "Twas always thus."

I think we should stop hating on the Leafs, their fans, and the Eastern Bias blood that runs through the media et al.

A subtle ignoring is required.. "The Trawna Who?"  Where are they from?"

"Never heard of them; they can't be any good."  "I thought Runnie Mackie Lane was an alley in Gastown for old male hookers."

There's not only a New Sheriff in Town (Tricky Ricky Tochy), there is a new Bylaw in the City of Vancouver, and a Rotting Raft Full of Miscreants.

Please post the Notice at every entrance to OUR BARN:

It shall be Against the Law, and the Rules of Decorum and Common Sense, to wear or otherwise be adorned with any colour(s), garments, head-coverings, etc, be shod with any footwear, or have in one's possession, any Marchanding Thing that resembles, even hints at, some connection to the Sewer To The Great Lakes in The Center of the Universe of Assholes at all, ever, and especially anywhere in The City of Vancouver, with Special Double-Attention With-Punishments* at, in, or around Lord Stanley's Son Roger's Arena.

PUNISHMENTS: (Please enter your suggestions here; as mine are not suitable for polite discussions, like here on UFF.)(All Punishments are encouraged; the only caveat is that there be complete removal of all offending persons, their Laff Crap, and regalia.

I'll start anyway:

Miscreants must remove all clothing except their gaunch and Moon The Eastern Media shouting, "Mooning Mathews Makes Me Marchand (puke)".

All obnoxious materials are to gathered up in the Great Zamboni's Maw, ground up and composted like Hogtown Compostables in an Indigo Funk.

All seats and other rights et cetera are to be confiscated and returned to the Real Fans of Hockey, Us.

Etc.  (gotta stop)(Wall of Text) etc.

GO CANUCKS GO!

RUN THESE PRETENSIOUS PRETENDERS OUT OF OUR BUILDING!

(And rid the world of these parasitic pariahs, the TO fans and their simpering media.)  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Cool, but we have ONE MORE !!!

And the coach!  Maybe they'll learn something from Tricky Ricky.

On second thought, Tocchet is too cunning to give up anything.

We gonna win the All Star Weekend too.

Canucks win everything; all the time.

-Secret Key to the Hockey Universe.

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They Their Grandparents maybe still choked about the woopin the Canucks gave them in a previous tilt.

Suitcase Smith with the plain Goalie Mask, because he was worried where he'd be traded next.... I still love the Blue/ Stick in Rink

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I can't even go to these games because Leaf fans make me break out in hives. They invade our building and some are ornery and obnoxious. My kids and friends are going. I have to be at home so no one gets hurt.

Have fun at the game tonight Deb! Might want to bring one of these, and try not to hurt anyone 🤣

51yJjBrIocL_large.jpg?v=1699940312

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I'm an east coast US Canucks fan. They get zero sympathy from me.

HaHa I completely get it. Especially during play offs. Up until 1 am every second night watching hockey, then waking up 5:00 am to go to work.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Joe King said:

HaHa I completely get it. Especially during play offs. Up until 1 am every second night watching hockey, then waking up 5:00 am to go to work.

The NHL and CBC isn't even trying to hide the favoritism with the Leafs anymore. Not that they did a great job in the past either. 

• Cheers 2

our team's good, but its really carried by the Lotto line and garland's line. 

We need to really solidy our 2nd line. Kuzmenko is a real disapointment. Trade him for a Kesler-like player who can carry a line on its own.

For those who say don't trade him - this is our year, our one chance to go for the cup. If you look at our cap situation, its not looking pretty the next 3 years. OEL cap penalty is a bitch. Petterson contract is going to bump a few guys out. We gonna prob lose Cole, Zadorov. Our defense corp is amazing AF. we need to go for it this year. 

• Huggy Bear 1

On a related Maple Leafs fan matter, I present 

https://bonerbillys.com/

I would post some of the images in the carousel but would probably get me banned from this site, or worse yet, forced to sign up for the Maple Leafs fan forum.

I originally thought it was a joke but a real site selling real hot dogs ... hmmm ... Flying Phil ... sign him for the league minimum plus all the Boner Dogs he can handle. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1