[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Good post and perspective. 

We're playing a good team that we can't slip against. We have to stay mentally sharp and strong and not get defeated.

If I recall correctly, they went in Toronto last time with 3 Nux leading the scoring race and all media was glowing about them.   They laid an egg on the big stage.  

The big guns know this is a big media game.  They need to be comfortable with the pressure on them to perform.  

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

My wife would like everyone to know that she calls Zadorov little Nikki.  

That is all. 

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Marry that woman. 

Thinking Think GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Edited by tas
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I only see the garly line... where the hell is the vice versa?

Petey was 1st star of the week last week was he not. The lotto line has been great. They aren't great all the time though. That's always been the worry about overloading 1 line. But thankfully this 3rd line is able to step up when the 1st line doesn't. Which is this other fellow's point. A good team will win games off the depth scoring. Just a shame our 2nd line can't be a line that bails out the team. It's either the 1st or 3rd line that saves us.

1 minute ago, Darius said:

yeah Demko looked slightly out of position on it

Demko has had three goals scored on him.

1)  Nylander... Demko was screened by Myers moving in front of him at the exact moment Nylander shot... puck was perfectly placed top corner... no chance to react... by the time he saw it, it was already nearly in the back of the net

2)  McCabe... Mathews made a perfect cross ice pass, Demko had to go post to post, he has made that miracle save many times, but not this one.  No blame.

3)  Nylander 2...  Nylander fired it hard, and it deflected off Canuck D-man's stick... just enough not to slow it down, but enough to change direction and fool Demko

None of those goals were bad ones.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I wanted him gone for ever. 

Why is Giraffe still on this squad?

Enough is enough! 

RT pumping his tires for a big trade at the deadline. Juillson plays a more consistent game

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Funny how people wanted Garland gone.

Good thing we didn't ...

Yep, been calling people wanting to move him out crazy since those rumours started, kids a gamer we need more of that not less of it. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Why are people hating on Mik? He's at least not doing defensive gaffes and he's still getting points.

He has no goals and 3 assists in the last 12 games that’s why. Doesn’t exactly scream 2nd line 5 million dollar player does he? Can’t say the teams struggling either cause we’ve been winning and players on the 3rd/4th line have more points than him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

He has no goals and 3 assists in the last 12 games that’s why. Doesn’t exactly scream 2nd line 5 million dollar player does he? Can’t say the teams struggling either cause we’ve been winning and players on the 3rd/4th line have more points than him.

And how good has Kuz been lately? Mik also makes $4.75 million, so technically he's not a $5 million dollar player.

Mik was brought in for offense and PK.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, van_can_fan said:

Ron Mclean should've been booted when Don was

...I can't get over how much I don't like him

He should have been fired on the spot after he chose to use HNIC to commit criminal slander against Burrows.  He's lucky he didn't end up in prison for that.

Need a 2c so we have the option for the lotto line when it has the chance to dominate. Don’t over use , with a 2c we have that option. My apologies , rye and gingers kicking in

Edited by dannydog
  • Upvote 1