[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

I find it interesting, that Gillis goes out and hires sleep doctors. When all it took was an ex-NHL player who knows how to manage fatigue with his players. He knows when to make practices mandatory, and when to be optional. Basically if the players are still working hard, but need a bit of a breather, he provides that for them.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Hockey Day In Canada, bittersweet for me.

I've told it before but, in Mom's honour, will tell it again.

It was a rough time....Mom and Dad both battling cancer. Mom's was terminal brain cancer, late stage. She was in palliative in the hospital. I snuck into her room....it was dark, curtains closed (day time). She was asleep. 

I pulled down the hinged arm of the little hospital TV so I could watch the game. Hockey Day in Canada, Canucks vs Laffs. I turned the sound WAY down so I wouldn't disturb Mom. The glow from the TV made her stir.

Game on, all of a sudden mom sat up, squinted at the TV and said "is that Trevor?". It was. It was one of our last lucid moments together. She'd been "disconnected" and wasn't sure of where she was, but she knew her team on that day. Her captain.

A tear rolled down my cheek as she settled back down and went to sleep.

Canucks were up 2-1 after the second. Then they took over and scored 4 goals in the third to kick the collective Leafs' ass, 6-1.  Pretty sure Mom helped them do that. She passed not long afterward.

I'm sorry. Losing one's parent/parents is never easy no matter how they passed. A great memory for you nonetheless. Thanks for sharing. 

On a lighter note. See below.....Our CFF members can be really funny!

6 hours ago, Jim McMahon said:

I find comfort in the fact that Matthew’s hair line recedes every time he scores a goal. 

LOL!

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, honestly does anybody remember a game against the Leafs in Rogers Arena where the start time was 7pm PST?

I'm an oldster. When the Canucks came into the NHL, I was 14yrs. old and discovering Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and  WEED.....So....I pretty much missed the upstart.

I got more interested when "Suitcase" played for us. Cuz for some stupid ass reason, I thought he was cool?!??!?!?!? AND, I was heavily into Deep Purple, Budgie, Thin Lizzy, and.......WEED! 

Honestly, I don't recall if there were TO/Canuck or Hab/Canuck games in Pacific Coliseum that started 7pm Pacific on TV . Perhaps some of the other older oldsters can recall such. 

Not fair really is it. Eastern teams come here, play a 4pm start, which is really a normal 7pm start for them at home, and then we go there and start at 7pm eastern. I guess it partly explains why western time zone teams get more travel weary.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

If they beat us , they will celebrate like they won the cup. Looking up at the heavens , fist pumping. Toronto will wank itself silly. 

Another funny! LOL!

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We got this, we're not panicking

received_1510649156158732.gif

Trippy, man!

3 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

At this rate he’ll look like this in time for 1st round elimination. 

IMG_8681.thumb.jpeg.05835b65073ae86f7f68d0e86bd849bb.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Fortunately he's growing a beard which makes him look only slightly less douchey.

LOL!

1 hour ago, Vancan said:

Patrick Roy was just hired as the Islanders head coach. How much more crazy can this season get. 

Really. News to me. One of the first things I do when I get home from work is feed my cat, then hit CFF-Canuck Talk. Patrick Roy huh. Interesting.

15 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Then they should have put there teeth in. 

LOL!

Let's Go Canucks! Beat there asses tonight, man!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

What an awesome add she is eh? Gorgeous, passionate, has good vibes asks questions I have a genuine interest 

in 90% of the time. Just love her.

• Thanks 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

What an awesome add she is eh? Gorgeous, passionate, has good vibes asks questions I have a genuine interest 

in 90% of the time. Just love her.

She also plays wing in practices. She is named Pettersen. 😉

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

that's it,I've had it!

Stop smiling!

I am getting suspicious of this lady, she knows something we dont and finds it hilarious.

• Haha 2

Just now, bishopshodan said:

that's it,I've had it!

Stop smiling!

I am getting suspicious of this lady, she knows something we dont and finds it hilarious.

She gets 10% on every order of Scotch Alf makes.

You'd be smiling too...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

She also plays wing in practices. She is named Pettersen. 😉

Oh, i know her name lol. Does she actually play? That would just mean she is stacked for talent.

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

that's it,I've had it!

Stop smiling!

She is actually an enchantress from the seas. She just showed up @ rogers and people started accepting 

shes a reporter. Its what happens when you have a Charisma score of 20. In DnD terms. She has forseen 

we will win a cup and thus the smile. She is here to ward off curses so she is busy. lol 

Edited by Shirotashi
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3