[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

So I won an avatar/profile picture bet against a Leafs fan, so now to pick the picture they have to use. Need some help here.

I'm thinking nothing fancy, just a straight up Canucks logo. Its right in your face & not to be confused as a joke. Am I right with that? And which logo?

Was thinking stick-in-rink originally, or maybe the classic skate logo, but maybe just a Orca with the Vancouver workmark would be the best. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Leafs playing dreadfully and the Canucks are on a roll, but these games always shake things up. You know they'll get their goals here and there but we've been pretty solid defensively and Demko's looked good again. The Lotto line hasn't been as fantastic as they were during the road trip but they're due some big goals and the Leafs are leaky as ever. I've got a feeling this will be one of those tight games at the start and then the Canucks just start rolling and blow them out.

6-2 Canucks

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Of course a 4 pm. start.

Heaven forbid people in the centre of the universe should have to stay up past their bedtimes.

A 4pm start in our house is okay on a Saturday, I guess. For TV and satisfying Eastern time zone peeps. I get it. That being said....................

A 4pm start in our house for a game on a weekday is not ideal for most of us who work. Why do we have to miss the 1st period just so Eastern peeps can get to bed earlier?!?!?!??? I get that being up past midnight is late for East time zone peeps. And I get that the sports media types don't like that either. 

Really though. How many times a year are they even exposed to this?!?!?!!? I propose that on weekdays they split the difference. Game starts in our house never earlier than 5:00-5:30pm. Okay, it's dinner time in our zone, but most Canuckers will be eating in front of their tubes in the living room anyways. Or have a TV where the family gathers to dine.

What say you, SN, CBC?

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Every team is coming out hard against us. It's not going to be an easy game by any stretch of thr imagination 

Yea. I hate it when either there Leafs or Habs play here. Especially the Leaf! So many of their fans in our stands. 

Beat those sons'a'b*tches boys!!!!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Now let's give the TO Fans a pounding and have them finish up ... yes recycled, but it is the game tomorrow.

image.thumb.jpeg.89351dcf4d815047d494ab379bb450c6.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

5-3 in OT eh? lol

It's the leafs.The Canucks must defeat them by at least two goals. Otherwise it is considered an overtime loss. And all three points are awarded to the leafs.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So I won an avatar/profile picture bet against a Leafs fan, so now to pick the picture they have to use. Need some help here.

I'm thinking nothing fancy, just a straight up Canucks logo. Its right in your face & not to be confused as a joke. Am I right with that? And which logo?

Was thinking stick-in-rink originally, or maybe the classic skate logo, but maybe just a Orca with the Vancouver workmark would be the best. 

I Vote the skate logo. Because it was worn in 94 when we kicked their butts out of the playoffs.

The Orca would be more recognized by the younger crowd but the Skate will bring back some sad memories for the older ones.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Probably our worst game of the year was the game in Toronto in front of national media. 
Nice to get that back with an embarrassment of the Leafs tonight but really we will be skating 5v7 all night so will be happy with a squeaker, just please don’t give them any points. 

Not that I would ever turn down good money but Laffer fans should get 2nd choice when it comes to seats at the game. Laffer jersey means a spot in the cheap seats. 

Why do Canuck fans hate the Laffers so much? Canucks send 5 players to the All-Star game + a coach. SN evening windup all about a cursory NHL hilite package that does not mention the Canuck win but then checks the BVD label on a NBA trade. 

This is a absolute must win game for the Canucks. Send these wannabees back to TO with a 6 - 2 drubbing. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'm just gonna call that late 3rd period PP for the leafs right now.

Yes if the leafs are trailing a power play for them is a given. What I hate with the officiating is.

After giving the opposing team timely power plays, then after the opposing team has a comfortable lead, we are given a power play opportunity with 30 seconds left in the game.

that way the stat sheets don't look so one sided.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Hate the 7pm ET/4pm PT start as the niners start at 8:15pm ET/5:15 PT.

No excuses, time to win against a team that beat us before.

9 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It's purdy ridiculous 

I live in Ontario and know several leafs fans. I am pretty sure most if not all the ones I know will tune out if the leafs are trailing after the first period if it's a 10 o'clock start here. The earlier start will keep them tuned in even if they are trailing. I agree the earlier start is not fair to West coast fans.