[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

couple soft goals on Demko put them on the ropes.  I know one was screened and maybe the other was deflected but looked lucky either way.

All they have to do is forecheck - laffs are soft as butter

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Management better be calling the phones and shipping out Mikheyev and kuzmenko asap. 10 million dollars of wasted cap space!!! 
just goes to show you what the coaches think and they split the lotto line and Petey is between Joshua and garland. Our third line has been the 2nd line for a while now.

Bigger issue is we have no second line centermen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tofu_Bud said:

youre forgetting the LVGK

Nah, I considered them and still think ours is better. Our bottom six wins a ridiculous amount of shifts and the zone time they create is phenomenal. Love Vegas's depth but I don't recall them being this consistent. They do however step up huge when needed and are phenomenal as well. 

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Leafs have played with more urgency, need to raise our intensity. 

Hope the top line can lead the charge here in the 3rd, Leafs are too dangerous to think we can just coast through this.

its time to split the lotto line. Wake up people.

• Cheers 1

A good game so far.  Lot of drama 

A good test for the team.  The pressure got to them a bit in the second.  It will be 10x this in the playoffs.  

Nux are no longer an underdog.  Teams are going to come at you hard and not give up.  

Remember last season when they can't hold any leads?  But this yr they are 26-0-1 leading after two.  It's maturity and how to handle the pressure.  Tonight is no different.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Darius said:

couple soft goals on Demko put them on the ropes.  I know one was screened and maybe the other was deflected but looked lucky either way.

All they have to do is forecheck - laffs are soft as butter

i dont think you can blame Myers on that Nylander goal.  There wasnt much of a play there other than a perfectly placed shot / Demko lost track of the puck for a split second. 

Just now, Canuck You said:

I actually scream so effin' loud when the nucks score..my family really isn't much in to hockey so I'm pretty sure they are planning my exorcism.

The priest they'll eventually hire will undoubtedly look like Mark Messier. Good luck. 

• Sad 1