[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

Just now, Tofu_Bud said:

i dont think you can blame Myers on that Nylander goal.  There wasnt much of a play there other than a perfectly placed shot / Demko lost track of the puck for a split second. 

yeah Demko looked slightly out of position on it

• Cheers 2

After watching about 40+ years of Canucks hockey on TV, I can make the call

Fire everyone other than Juice and

Let the fans vote 2 out if 4

The last one will almost ensure Ron "I Gush TO Blue" is fired .... won't happen as Ron has pics of Bettman and a donkey.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If the top 6 doesn't show up in the 3rd it may prove costly.

They should at least make the leafs play in their own zone, not allowing them to waltz over our blueline with the puck.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Plsdontdoit said:

I'm seeing a pattern here, when ever gnarly line is producing the lotto line goes quiet vice versa 

Not true at all otherwise the lotto line would have never produced because that damn third line has been producing all year lol. 

2 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

I'm seeing a pattern here, when ever gnarly line is producing the lotto line goes quiet vice versa 

I only see the garly line... where the hell is the vice versa?

Just now, Conscience said:

When the lotto line isn't going you gotta split them. 

It's still a new experiment for the coaches.  

Playoffs will be even tougher as the opponent will able to adjust.  This will also inform then management on who they need to get l before the TDL.  

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Second line center is a huge glaring home right now!

Really, I never noticed ... was there a post I "missed"?

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

A good game so far.  Lot of drama 

A good test for the team.  The pressure got to them a bit in the second.  It will be 10x this in the playoffs.  

Nux are no longer an underdog.  Teams are going to come at you hard and not give up.  

Remember last season when they can't hold any leads?  But this yr they are 26-0-1 leading after two.  It's maturity and how to handle the pressure.  Tonight is no different.

Good post and perspective. 

We're playing a good team that we can't slip against. We have to stay mentally sharp and strong and not get defeated.

4 minutes ago, dannydog said:
5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Funny how people wanted Garland gone.

Good thing we didn't ...

I personally, never wanted him gone. 

He's worth every penny he's paid in today's NHL pay scale, and more. Obviously. 

Hoglander's another one, just like him. Except Nils is only 22. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Darius said:

yeah Demko looked slightly out of position on it

Also wasn't battling to see around a screen. He usually completes all of the time but Myers was in front of the puck the whole play taking away half the net like you want your defender to do. It's on the goalie to move to the side not being blocked and make a very very easy save but he got caught not doing what he needs to do. You can tell he wasn't expecting a shot and thought he could sit deeper in his net and wait for a play to develop but a smart shot by Nylander ultimately ends up beating him. 

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Bigger issue is we have no second line centermen. 

I think we’d be ok with splitting the lotto line up and having Petey center the 2nd line only if he had better wingers to play with. 
Boeser-Miller-Hoglander

NEW WINGER-Petey-Garland 

That could work I think.

Just now, Barn Burner said:

I personally, never wanted him gone. 

He's worth every penny he's paid in today's NHL pay scale, and more. Obviously. 

Hoglander's another one, just like him. Except Nils is only 22. 

We need more grind and heart! Also great to see Joshua turn his game around too. 

• Cheers 1