[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

2 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Yup - they hit a wall after their amazing start and began a phase of 500 hockey… a jcouple of injuries exposed their lack of depth…

Don’t agree with this. They just fell out of their system. They were back to winning even before Soucy was back.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I need your help. I always wear my skate in rink Miller jersey. But it looks like it's a black (f the Leafs and their colour) night....

Do I wear my black Petey skate jersey? Might ruin my streak though. Please help me, this is a serious decision that I'm struggling with.

Black. I know, I know Miller never fails but this was an unexpected game for you so do the unexpected

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I need your help. I always wear my skate in rink Miller jersey. But it looks like it's a black (f the Leafs and their colour) night....

Do I wear my black Petey skate jersey? Might ruin my streak though. Please help me, this is a serious decision that I'm struggling with.

I vote the Miller

• Like 3

Keep the winning streak going.  4 games left in the month before the ASG break.  Can win them all.  

I like Nux chances tonight

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone else has commented on it but does anyone find it a bit strange that it's our home game but we're playing it at Toronto time?  I mean having the world revolve around Toronto is nothing new but it's still a bit annoying.  Isn't it OUR home game?  Go Canucks Go!

5 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

playoff overtime is a fcking killer

I'm still recovering from 2011. Just kidding. But I'm definitly starting work later in the day next long play off run. Maybe this year.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

I just watched this for like 2 minutes straight 😅

C'mon.  No way, if you spent that much time on it, that you're straight...

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bzxjareolpbtesiyiy1m

We be check'n back on you at 4:20 (a well-known time that means Rotten Ronnie has to shut up and the Zee-Bras* have to:

DROP THE PUCK!

* Z-Bra: https://www.google.com/url? Wolf-Melons-Z-bra-DLC

• Haha 1

Better not see an arena full of leaf fans tonight, does anyone else find it a fkn joke that the league gives Toronto a 4pm start in Vancouver? Special treatment for that team I tell you, I gotta miss the first period of my own teams home game because they are making it convenient for the oppositions fans 

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Stick with JT, You’ll never go wrong….

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I agree follow your heart. Wear Miller.

All Miller, no filler.

You can wear an Eriksson jersey, doesn't matter were taking this one all day long.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone else has commented on it but does anyone find it a bit strange that it's our home game but we're playing it at Toronto time?  I mean having the world revolve around Toronto is nothing new but it's still a bit annoying.  Isn't it OUR home game?  Go Canucks Go!

It’s not strange because this is what happens every year when the Leafs come to town.

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

It's the right time for Miller time Deb.  His job is to shut down the pencil thin moustache guy, so it's

gotta be 100% Miller tonight. GCG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Gotta wear the black Petey jersey  -  my tea leaves tell me that will guarantee a Petey hat trick !!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Only way for the Leafs to play at 10pm ET is if it is on a weekday from Monday to Friday if they happens to pay a visit.  I think that they do make an earlier start on a Wednesday for Wednesday night hockey.  

47 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Largely overlooked in all this angst about the start time is that today is Hockey Day in Canada.  If we play fhe 7:00 time, it means that the Edmonton-Calgary game becomes the 4:00 start game.  So 2 teams (both Alberta teams) get an earlier-than-usual time versus just one (Canucks).   Seems to me like a no-brainer for the scheduler