[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Grenades, Jan 20, 4PM PST (7PM EST) Rogers Arena, the Make-em Wail Like Babies Game

Rocket-68

Recent Events over at Rogers Arena  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rutherford have been extended?

• Yes, absolutely for whatever term JR wanted ... yes it was 3 years ultimately
    • Yes, but not for the term ... I would have been happy with, my comment below
    • No
    • Fuck NO, he should be driving himself to the airport by now (King Heffy, I already voted this one for you)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

2 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

We're going to score the first goal and hear "and the Canucks draw first blood!".

The goal will then be disallowed on Miller goalie interference, after which we score again.
"The Canucks draw first blood again".

sylvester stallone rambo GIF by Hollywood Suite

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Cause the Rock said so 🤣

I want to hear the MC play Palpatine saying "Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and OPERATIONAL Battle Station" before the game.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Believe In Blue said:

The Maple Laffs are as soft as butter. Even if they get a lead, there is a good chance they’ll blow it. 
Prediction: Laffs get a 2-0 lead, but then proceed to blow it in spectacular fashion with 6 unanswered goals. Marner will still say they are playing great hockey after the game, Sheldon Keefe rage quits and Laff fans start burning their jerseys everywhere. 

Either way, all I want is to beat these wannabes. Letzzz go💪

I call him Sheldon quife.

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

They Their Grandparents maybe still choked about the woopin the Canucks gave them in a previous tilt.

To this day I've never gotten over this TO-biased HNIC making excuses for the Leafs. No, the goalie WASN'T screened on the first goal. 

Actually it's great to see these guys again. It's funny though: I always thought individuality was somewhat lost when they had to wear helmets; on the other hand they all have the same mop of hair and mustaches. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Vancan said:

Are there even any cougars in Victoria? Excluding Nelly Furtado.

Vancouver Island has a large cougar population. Sightings in and around residential areas including Victoria are common.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I will not be watching the game on tv. I can’t deal with the broadcasting team’s boners for the Leafs or anyone who plays the Canucks for that matter. Gonna listen to it on 650. 

Craig Simpson is absolutely the worst. You can almost hear him well up when the leafs are losing. Probably the most bias commentator ever. Dude you won a cup in Edmonton, why so horny with the leafs?!?!

Wish there wasn't a slight delay with radio so you could mute CBC. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, nux_win said:

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone else has commented on it but does anyone find it a bit strange that it's our home game but we're playing it at Toronto time?  I mean having the world revolve around Toronto is nothing new but it's still a bit annoying.  Isn't it OUR home game?  Go Canucks Go!

It nothing but money. No broadcasting network gives a hoots ass about Pacific's hours. 

Laffs fans are usually in bed by 10pm. Or to drunk.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Vancouver Island has a large cougar population. Sightings in and around residential areas including Victoria are common.

lol didnt need a David Attenborough tutorial, was just joking. Regardless maybe one or two will stumble across Maclean 

13 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Yep, regular sightings in my neighborhood. Black bears now too.

• Upvote 1