[PROPOSAL] Bye Bye Petey

It was an honour to watch you play these past 6 years.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your career and your life in the Big Apple.  Cheers to you my friend...   😇

To New York Rangers:

Elias Pettersson

To Vancouver:

Mika Zibanejad

Alexis Lafreniere

Braden Schneider

2024 1st round pick

Of course with Petey gone, we now have to trade his little buddy, Höglander...

To Minnesota:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Nils Höglander

Hunter Brzustewicz

2024 1st round pick

To Vancouver:

Joel Eriksson Ek

Lafreniere    Miller               Boeser

Mikheyev     Zibanejad       Lekkerimäki

Joshua         Eriksson Ek    Garland

Podkolzin     Suter              Lafferty

Aman

Hughes           Hronek

Zadorov          Schneider

Soucy             Juulsen

Pettersson     Willander

Demko     DeSmith 

Oh look, we still have an Elias Pettersson on defence, so I can keep my username...   😊

• Cheers 1

Not bad but I think NYR gives us too much in the Petey deal, maybe drop off Schneider (he's not that good anyway) and we probably have to add a mid-round pick or prospect like a 3rd rounder.

JEE would be hard to get, he's a solid young relatively good two-way center.

You know what would really hurt, and who needs a top line center? Boston.

TO BOS: Petey

TO VAN: One of Coyle, Zacha or Frederic + one of Lindholm or Carlo + 1st

We trade a 100pt young two-way center for a 60ish point center with size, a top-4 defenceman and a 1st. If we want to contend now, we go after Coyle + Lindholm, if we want more future we go after Frederi + Carlo (but makes less sense).

Then flip the first +/- our first +/- Kuzmenko for a top-6 solid scorer. Do we dare do a 1st + Kuz + prospect for Lindholm, or 1st for Monahan? I'd give up two late firsts for Crouse, or Kuz + 1st if that'll do.

Crouse - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Coyle - Mikheyev

Garland - Blueger - Hoglander

Lafferty - Suter - PDG

Hughes - Hronek

Lindholm - Cole

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It was an honour to watch you play these past 6 years.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your career and your life in the Big Apple.  Cheers to you my friend...   😇

To New York Rangers:

Elias Pettersson

To Vancouver:

Mika Zibanejad

Alexis Lafreniere

Braden Schneider

2024 1st round pick

To Minnesota:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Nils Höglander

Hunter Brzustewicz

2024 1st round pick

To Vancouver:

Joel Eriksson Ek

Aman

Hughes           Hronek

Pettersson     Willander

Demko     DeSmith 

Oh look, we still have an Elias Pettersson on defence, so I can keep my username...   😊

rangers wouldn’t give us that for Petey, lol.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To New York Rangers:

Elias Pettersson

To Vancouver:

Mika Zibanejad

Alexis Lafreniere

Braden Schneider

2024 1st round pick

To Minnesota:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Nils Höglander

Hunter Brzustewicz

2024 1st round pick

To Vancouver:

Joel Eriksson Ek

Aman

Hughes           Hronek

Pettersson     Willander

Demko     DeSmith 

Interesting proposal. I too have been thinking about whether it might be time to move EP40.

What was the impetus for you making this proposal?

-was it that Petey is being coy about whether he wants to stay in Vancouver? (Though he has had luke warm statements of how he likes Vancouver).

-is it the massive contract that he will sign this summer, that would in all likelihood hamstring this team from a cap perspective? (Considering our reduced cap from the     OEL buyout).

I believe that your valuation for EP40's worth is approximately correct. 

My thinking is that Petey would be worth the equivalent of 4 first round picks.

In your Ranger proposal, I would like to see Zibanejad replaced with Kakko and the first round pick (it will be a late first) replaced with Othman.

Not sure how to make the cap numbers work for both teams. Would probably have to tweak the proposal with a view to making the cap work.

• Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

Are you high?

No.

You don't start messing with team chemistry this way. Petey's our, ain't no one snagging him.

I'm starting to wonder if Petey (the real one) might be the smartest one in the room. Maybe Bo's debacle last year was harder on the room than we know? if thats the case, I can see Petey (the real one) not wanting to be that kind of centre of attention. He might be saving the team and us from a lot of distraction. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm starting to wonder if Petey (the real one) might be the smartest one in the room. Maybe Bo's debacle last year was harder on the room than we know? if thats the case, I can see Petey (the real one) not wanting to be that kind of centre of attention. He might be saving the team and us from a lot of distraction. 

I dunno, this has been a huge distraction.  Media is all over it every time they talk to management.  

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I dunno, this has been a huge distraction.  Media is all over it every time they talk to management.  

But maybe not in the room with the guys.

I doubt they care about our local media being impatient.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

EP40 won't go this season. if any, it could be summer time. and management is checking if this core can win the cup. if we didn't go deep in playoff, then yes, EP 40 could be moved. otherwise, he will probably sign short term like 10 mil x 4 years. then at age of 29, sign retirement contract, here or somewhere else.

56 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You don't start messing with team chemistry this way. Petey's ours, ain't no one snagging him.

So, no.

Team chemistry? Really?

Petey decimated the 2nd line to where they are not producing at all now.

How was Boes and Miller doing BEFORE the Lotto line got reunited? They were doing pretty good. No?

Let me ask you this, say Miller gets injured? Is Petey going to keep the Lotto line afloat?

No 2nd line, so now we are relying on our third line to carry us? 

Many on here say Petey is our #1 Center but is he really? He is definitely not our #2 Center so then is he now a winger?

All of these question marks has me seriously thinking about team CHEMISTRY. 

The argument when Bo was here was who was the #1 Center, Bo? Petey? Miller?

Miller has always seemed to me to be the #1 Center so having Petey play on the Top line brings up a lot of questions more then answers IMHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

How is this not a distraction and how is this any different then what Bo did? 

We have like 11 players that have expiring contracts? You don't think they are wondering what their next paycheck is going to look like or if they are going to play here or somewhere else? 

Having a salary cap means that Petey's situation directly relates to them, no? 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Not bad but I think NYR gives us too much in the Petey deal, maybe drop off Schneider (he's not that good anyway) and we probably have to add a mid-round pick or prospect like a 3rd rounder.

JEE would be hard to get, he's a solid young relatively good two-way center.

You know what would really hurt, and who needs a top line center? Boston.

TO BOS: Petey

TO VAN: One of Coyle, Zacha or Frederic + one of Lindholm or Carlo + 1st

We trade a 100pt young two-way center for a 60ish point center with size, a top-4 defenceman and a 1st. If we want to contend now, we go after Coyle + Lindholm, if we want more future we go after Frederi + Carlo (but makes less sense).

Then flip the first +/- our first +/- Kuzmenko for a top-6 solid scorer. Do we dare do a 1st + Kuz + prospect for Lindholm, or 1st for Monahan? I'd give up two late firsts for Crouse, or Kuz + 1st if that'll do.

Crouse - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Coyle - Mikheyev

Garland - Blueger - Hoglander

Lafferty - Suter - PDG

Hughes - Hronek

Lindholm - Cole

Zadorov - Myers

Soucy

Anyone trading for Pettersson is going to have to overpay. We don't care about fair price here. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

It's the same as it always has been.  Miller is severely underrated and taken for granted here.  He's the engine for the offence up front.  Practically anybody that has played on his line has produced.  

I agree, I thought that way back when many were saying to get rid of him and sign Bo. Players like him do not come along very often yet he doesn't get the respect he deserves. 

In the playoffs, I would much ratehr have a #1 Center like Miller then Petey, no offense to Petey but Miller is much better suited for the rigors of playoff hockey.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To New York Rangers:

Elias Pettersson

To Vancouver:

Mika Zibanejad

Alexis Lafreniere

Braden Schneider

2024 1st round pick

To Minnesota:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Nils Höglander

Hunter Brzustewicz

2024 1st round pick

To Vancouver:

Joel Eriksson Ek

Aman

Hughes           Hronek

Pettersson     Willander

Demko     DeSmith 

Please get help...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Please get help...

Please post the quote where Petey said he loves Vancouver and wants to play here his entire career.  I'll wait...

Meanwhile, William Nylander did provide Toronto with this exact quote...

William Nylander says he wants to stay with Toronto Maple Leafs, downplays rush to re-sign | TSN

"For me, the contract, obviously, I want it to work where I can stay there and be there," Nylander told NHL.com(opens in a new tab). "There's no other place I want to play, but I still have one more year left.

"I don't understand why there's such a big rush to do something right now. I still have one more year left."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=nylander+wants+to+stay+in+toronto&form=ANNTH1&refig=BD18645D583E4209B3126C7E257D1DA1&pc=HCTS

“I want to be in Toronto as long as I can,” Nylander said at NHL European Player Media Tour on Wednesday, per NHL.com’s Tom Gulitti. “That’s just where my mind is at.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Team chemistry? Really?

Petey decimated the 2nd line to where they are not producing at all now.

How was Boes and Miller doing BEFORE the Lotto line got reunited? They were doing pretty good. No?

Let me ask you this, say Miller gets injured? Is Petey going to keep the Lotto line afloat?

No 2nd line, so now we are relying on our third line to carry us? 

Many on here say Petey is our #1 Center but is he really? He is definitely not our #2 Center so then is he now a winger?

All of these question marks has me seriously thinking about team CHEMISTRY. 

The argument when Bo was here was who was the #1 Center, Bo? Petey? Miller?

Miller has always seemed to me to be the #1 Center so having Petey play on the Top line brings up a lot of questions more then answers IMHO.

OMG what is wrong with you people..seriously I wonder if other team forums act this way. Do Devels fans think about trading Jack Huges, Oiler fans McDavid or Tamba Bay Kucherov...lets engage is realistic discussion here. Vancouver ain't trading Petey.

4 hours ago, Artemus said:

Interesting proposal. I too have been thinking about whether it might be time to move EP40.

What was the impetus for you making this proposal?

-was it that Petey is being coy about whether he wants to stay in Vancouver? (Though he has had luke warm statements of how he likes Vancouver).

-is it the massive contract that he will sign this summer, that would in all likelihood hamstring this team from a cap perspective? (Considering our reduced cap from the     OEL buyout).

I believe that your valuation for EP40's worth is approximately correct. 

My thinking is that Petey would be worth the equivalent of 4 first round picks.

In your Ranger proposal, I would like to see Zibanejad replaced with Kakko and the first round pick (it will be a late first) replaced with Othman.

Not sure how to make the cap numbers work for both teams. Would probably have to tweak the proposal with a view to making the cap work.

I made this proposal because I have yet to here a direct quote from Petey himself that says he loves Vancouver and wants to stay here.  All I have heard is that he doesn't eant to negotiate during the season and wants to wait until the offseason.  He said this even yesterday.

That doesn't mean he wants to leave necessarily, but even Rutherford was candid enough to state that if a deal doesn't get done then Petey will be traded...

I believe the valuation is fair, however if there are no other teams with better offers then we might have to take out the 1st round pick from the deal...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Moeknows said:

OMG what is wrong with you people..seriously I wonder if other team forums act this way. Do Devels fans think about trading Jack Huges, Oiler fans McDavid or Tamba Bay Kucherov...lets engage is realistic discussion here. Vancouver ain't trading Petey.

Jack Hughes signed an 8 year deal last year to stay in New Jersey.  McDavid signed an 8 year deal 5 years ago to stay in Edmonton.  Kucherov signed an 8 year deal to stay in Tampa several years ago.  Where is Petey's 8 year deal?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Please post the quote where Petey said he loves Vancouver and wants to play here his entire career.  I'll wait...

Meanwhile, William Nylander did provide Toronto with this exact quote...

William Nylander says he wants to stay with Toronto Maple Leafs, downplays rush to re-sign | TSN

"For me, the contract, obviously, I want it to work where I can stay there and be there," Nylander told NHL.com(opens in a new tab). "There's no other place I want to play, but I still have one more year left.

"I don't understand why there's such a big rush to do something right now. I still have one more year left."

https://www.bing.com/search?q=nylander+wants+to+stay+in+toronto&form=ANNTH1&refig=BD18645D583E4209B3126C7E257D1DA1&pc=HCTS

“I want to be in Toronto as long as I can,” Nylander said at NHL European Player Media Tour on Wednesday, per NHL.com’s Tom Gulitti. “That’s just where my mind is at.”

Irrelevant...doesn't mean a darn thing. Last I heard was he said he didn't know if he wanted a short term or long term deal...that's a business issue for him nothing more.... ain't trading Petey, least not anytime soon.

• Cheers 1