[PROPOSAL] Bye Bye Petey

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

OMG what is wrong with you people..seriously I wonder if other team forums act this way. Do Devels fans think about trading Jack Huges, Oiler fans McDavid or Tamba Bay Kucherov...lets engage is realistic discussion here. Vancouver ain't trading Petey.

I am sure the same thought process was going through many peoples heads before Bo left too. 

Bo was our Captain and no one thought he was going anywhere either.

The big question mark here is that Petey is not indicating in any way that he wants to stay here.

We are all hoping that is not true but the fact of the matter is, is that he can do what ever he wants and if he wants to go to the highest bidder or he would rather play elsewhere, that is entirely up to him. 

No wants Petey to go, but he ain't staying if he doesn't want to . 

I am sure Calgary thought the same thing before Tkachuk left too.

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jack Hughes signed an 8 year deal last year to stay in New Jersey.  McDavid signed an 8 year deal 5 years ago to stay in Edmonton.  Kucherov signed an 8 year deal to stay in Tampa several years ago.  Where is Petey's 8 year deal?

Stay tuned...but then you'll  still gonna be cutting off washers with the lower orifice of your alimentary canal if it's 5 or 6 years...

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I am sure the same thought process was going through many peoples heads before Bo left too. 

Bo was our Captain and no one thought he was going anywhere either.

The big question mark here is that Petey is not indicating in any way that he wants to stay here.

We are all hoping that is not true but the fact of the matter is, is that he can do what ever he wants and if he wants to go to the highest bidder or he would rather play elsewhere, that is entirely up to him. 

No wants Petey to go, but he ain't staying if he doesn't want to . 

I am sure Calgary thought the same thing before Tkachuk left too.

He's an RFA next year..he's not going anywhere at least not short term

Naah.  I like Petey.  But as much as I like Petey, even as a thought exercise I think that the Rangers are overpaying and wouldn't do it and I think that we are overpaying for Eriksson Yech and that wouldn't be a good trade for us.  GCG!

1 hour ago, Moeknows said:

Just like Tkachuk was an rfa in Calgary. If (and I'm not saying he will) he makes it clear he won't be here past next season (when he could potentially be UFA) then you have to look at potentially moving him. And Vancouver most likely loses and trade in that circumstance 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Technichally no, but if his intentions are to move on, the longer we wait, the more leverage we lose. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Technichally no, but if his intentions are to move on, the longer we wait, the more leverage we lose. 

So if he say he’s going to move on.. are you going to trade him right now and tank the rest of the season? He leads the team in WAR and GAR sure some of you don’t care about advance stats.. but when the Canucks were struggling earlier in dec nov.. it coincided with ep struggling.. you guys can say whatever you want qh or miller or whomever else is more important.. the team struggles when ep struggles and that’s fact.. when the other guys struggle the team isn’t struggling as hard. Ep this TDL is worth way more than ep in the summer considering his cheaper cap hit right now.. so if he say no.. are we ready to tank the season and trade him at all cost? Coz that’s prolly the best time to get max asset/players 

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It was an honour to watch you play these past 6 years.  I hope you enjoy the rest of your career and your life in the Big Apple.  Cheers to you my friend...   😇

To New York Rangers:

Elias Pettersson

To Vancouver:

Mika Zibanejad

Alexis Lafreniere

Braden Schneider

2024 1st round pick

Of course with Petey gone, we now have to trade his little buddy, Höglander...

To Minnesota:

Andrei Kuzmenko

Nils Höglander

Hunter Brzustewicz

2024 1st round pick

To Vancouver:

Joel Eriksson Ek

Lafreniere    Miller               Boeser

Mikheyev     Zibanejad       Lekkerimäki

Joshua         Eriksson Ek    Garland

Podkolzin     Suter              Lafferty

Aman

Hughes           Hronek

Zadorov          Schneider

Soucy             Juulsen

Pettersson     Willander

Demko     DeSmith 

Oh look, we still have an Elias Pettersson on defence, so I can keep my username...   😊

NYR are currently a cup contender, their window is wide open.

After this trade, they wouldn't be. They give away too much depth to get Pettersson in this deal. I'm not saying that they are overpaying, just that this wouldn't be even remotely a trade they would look for right now. They have their core, they need adjustments, same as the Canucks, designed to support their existing core, not wholesale changes to the core itself.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Why are so many of you  thinking he wants to leave. Vancouver isn't Calgary. (you ever lived there lol) can you give me any rationale as to why he would want to leave, besides money which I don't see as a problem.

52 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Just like Tkachuk was an rfa in Calgary. If (and I'm not saying he will) he makes it clear he won't be here past next season (when he could potentially be UFA) then you have to look at potentially moving him. And Vancouver most likely loses and trade in that circumstance 

I'll respond as I did to the other poster...Why are so many of you  thinking he wants to leave. Vancouver isn't Calgary. (you ever lived there lol) can you give me any rationale as to why he would want to leave, besides money which I don't see as a problem.

I'll respond as I did to the other poster...Why are so many of you  thinking he wants to leave. Vancouver isn't Calgary. (you ever lived there lol) can you give me any rationale as to why he would want to leave, besides money which I don't see as a problem.

Clearly you didn't read my post.  I said IF he wants out.  I never suggested that he does. There could be any number of reasons that he may want to move on.  Maybe he'd rather be in a less hockey crazed market.  Maybe he'd like to be in a market with better weather. Maybe he'd like a better tax situation. 

And actually I have lived in Calgary and loved it when I was there. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

So if he say he’s going to move on.. are you going to trade him right now and tank the rest of the season? He leads the team in WAR and GAR sure some of you don’t care about advance stats.. but when the Canucks were struggling earlier in dec nov.. it coincided with ep struggling.. you guys can say whatever you want qh or miller or whomever else is more important.. the team struggles when ep struggles and that’s fact.. when the other guys struggle the team isn’t struggling as hard. Ep this TDL is worth way more than ep in the summer considering his cheaper cap hit right now.. so if he say no.. are we ready to tank the season and trade him at all cost? Coz that’s prolly the best time to get max asset/players 

I think you give him too much credit as compared to the rest of the team. We had the Garland line toeing the line for a spell there when both Miller's and Petey's line weren't doing well, and we were still winning. The system is working, we aren't relying on one line or one or two players. 

Right now we have the top line doing well and whats left of the second line, not doing so well. That can't last forever. The third and fourth lines are contributing.

At the end of the day, Petey is a club asset and either him or his replacement(s) will help the team. He is not the "be all" to "end all" for this team though. I suggested that Miller or Hughes would be bigger losses if something happened to them or even Demko.

I don't look at this as a personal issue as much as I see it as the club being responsible with their assets. 

If he wants to be here, great, if not, well then we have to make the proper arrangements ASAP. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why are so many of you  thinking he wants to leave. Vancouver isn't Calgary. (you ever lived there lol) can you give me any rationale as to why he would want to leave, besides money which I don't see as a problem.

Most of us thought the same about Horvat didn't we. We have no idea why people make decisions that they do.

1 hour ago, Hero11 said:

Screenshot_20240120_124638_Google.jpg

Nope, not really, I would be ecstatic if he resigns, but I would not be upset if he left because I want guys that want to be here and want to win at all costs. If he leaves, then he probably wasn't here for the right reasons. What we receive in return might even be better then what we expected. I really like what we got in return for Horvat. :classic_biggrin:

My proposal from the Rangers wouldn’t be for tanking. As a matter of fact we might be stronger for the playoffs. Rangers probably say no to my proposal, but I am hoping that if Petey does ask for a trade that we get something similar in return. I’d probably do the deal with the Rangers without the 1st round pick. 

This trade proposal doesn’t really happen though until the summer when we know for sure if Petey wants out or not. Then the Rangers can figure out what Petey wants on an extension and if it works for them cap wise. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My proposal from the Rangers wouldn’t be for tanking. As a matter of fact we might be stronger for the playoffs. Rangers probably say no to my proposal, but I am hoping that if Petey does ask for a trade that we get something similar in return. I’d probably do the deal with the Rangers without the 1st round pick. 

This trade proposal doesn’t really happen though until the summer when we know for sure if Petey wants out or not. Then the Rangers can figure out what Petey wants on an extension and if it works for them cap wise. 

nah not ur proposal but trading EP in general

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rangers definitely say no 

Don't mistake EP as the reason this team struggled (if you can call .500 hockey a struggle).  We struggled because our 3rd highest paid player was struggling.  If you had replaced Petey with pretty much any $7M+ centre at the time, and assuming that player was playing like a $7M+ player, we would have ticked along just fine.  

I'd also argue Miller and Hughes are way more important.  Every player that has played on Miller's line has been productive.  Petey himself has seen a resurgence with Miller.  You can't say the same about Petey. 

Don't even get started with Hughes.  If he's gone, we likely fall 5 to 8 spots in the standings.

With all that being said, what I do agree with is Petey won't be traded this season.  The earliest it'll happen is this coming offseason.

33 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

nah not ur proposal but trading EP in general

I don’t think we would be tanking if we trade Petey. We got a top pairing Dman for BO. Allvin will look to improve the team by trying to get an established centre and then 1-2 other pieces to fill spots on the roster. We also get away from paying a player $12 million+ which will help our cap structure moving forward. 

It’s not ideal. Obviously I would prefer to keep Petey. I literally have his name as my username. But it seems Rutherford isn’t going to dick around. He will make the tough decisions like he always has, which is why he’s won 3 cups. 

If it’s between keeping Petey and winning a cup or two, I’m definitely in the winning a cup or two. That’s the ultimate goal. I don’t really care which players are on the team. As long as we win the cup I can die in peace. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think you give him too much credit as compared to the rest of the team. We had the Garland line toeing the line for a spell there when both Miller's and Petey's line weren't doing well, and we were still winning. The system is working, we aren't relying on one line or one or two players. 

Right now we have the top line doing well and whats left of the second line, not doing so well. That can't last forever. The third and fourth lines are contributing.

At the end of the day, Petey is a club asset and either him or his replacement(s) will help the team. He is not the "be all" to "end all" for this team though. I suggested that Miller or Hughes would be bigger losses if something happened to them or even Demko.

I don't look at this as a personal issue as much as I see it as the club being responsible with their assets. 

If he wants to be here, great, if not, well then we have to make the proper arrangements ASAP. 

i think you guys give him almost no credit on this team the way you guys talk about him and his importance to this team.. garland line have been playing well after they have been together.. but where were they when the canucks were struggling and was 4-6? garland had 2 assist during that stretch? your 3 most important players on the team EP Miller Hughes in no particular order

canucks record when each players don't record a point i've grouped L and OTL etc all in the same column 

Miller 8-3

Hughes 7-6

Pettersson 6-7

another word if EP struggles the team loses period.. 7 of the 15 loses almost 50% is when ep doesnt' get a point.. EP literally have been playing with kuzmenko who's been broken by tocchet.. Mihkeyev who is not a legit top 6.. laffety 85-90% of his production have been with EP and played with them so far for 85% of the season.. yet he's still top 10 in the league in scoring and leads the team in EV points.. but you guys love to downplay his importance and contribution on the team to justify whatever your agenda is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Petey for Suzuki +?

24 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Rangers definitely say no 

Maybe. The Rangers are used to having the superstar players on their team. Messier, Gretzky, Bure. Petey would fit right in in New York. 

He’s Swedish but not a typical Swede like the Sedins or Naslund. He’s young and single and likes the big cities I think. He’s an extrovert and likes to be outside of a bubble. Vancouver is a bubble. 

20 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i think you guys give him almost no credit on this team the way you guys talk about him and his importance to this team.. garland line have been playing well after they have been together.. but where were they when the canucks were struggling and was 4-6? garland had 2 assist during that stretch? your 3 most important players on the team EP Miller Hughes in no particular order

canucks record when each players don't record a point i've grouped L and OTL etc all in the same column 

Miller 8-3

Hughes 7-6

Pettersson 6-7

another word if EP struggles the team loses period.. 7 of the 15 loses almost 50% is when ep doesnt' get a point.. EP literally have been playing with kuzmenko who's been broken by tocchet.. Mihkeyev who is not a legit top 6.. laffety 85-90% of his production have been with EP and played with them so far for 85% of the season.. yet he's still top 10 in the league in scoring and leads the team in EV points.. but you guys love to downplay his importance and contribution on the team to justify whatever your agenda is.

I think Demko is just as important as the other 3 to be honest. 

• ThereItIs 1