Patrick Roy has been named Head Coach of the New York Islanders

2 hours ago, Jack Fig said:

As others have said, a cranky sod like Roy is good for the league. He plays to win, which you have to respect.

But he is a jerk. 

Half the people will say he is good for the Islanders, and the other half will say the opposite.

But everyone will agree he is good for the league.  Patrick Roy instantly makes the Islanders MUST-WATCH HOCKEY.  Buckle up, Isles fans - because this rocket's going full speed (and nobody knows where).

Proposal] When Willie gets fired, hire Patrick Roy as President/GM/coach -  Page 2 - Proposals and Armchair GM'ing - Canucks Community

Watch Patrick Roy shove glass after winning debut | For The Win

Patrick-Roy-is-angrier

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

BO knows coaches…

Bo does not know coaches - he barely gets to know them, in fact.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Take a joke, besides was it ever proven?

TAKE A JOKE??!! Domestic assault is not a fucking joke buddy, whether the allegations are true or not. What the fuck is wrong with people? FFS. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

22 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

A coaching change was not unexpected, but I’m shocked they went with Roy.

Surprised Horvat wasn’t lobbying for Boudreau, so he can pad his stats again.

I wonder how he feels looking at the standings...like all that money helps...A LOT...but you know Bo wants to win. Maybe he was the problem? 🤣

On 1/21/2024 at 12:22 PM, Diamonds said:

Horvat is 1 of 5 Islanders with a positive +/-, has 42 points in 44 games, is on pace for his third consecutive 30+ goal season, and averages the highest ice time among forwards on the Islanders. I still wouldn't want him for 8 years at 8.5M, but I think it's safe to say he isn't the problem and at least this year is living up to his contract.

I don't understand the incessant need to always try to shit on players who are no longer with the Canucks. It's not like Bo even asked for a trade. The Islanders were also struggling last year which is why they went after Horvat. Horvat alone clearly wasn't the solution to their problems but that doesn't mean he's the problem either. Other than Dobson they've been severely lacking offensive support from their defense this year and Sorokin's play has been very inconsistent. Plus Pulock and Pelech missing a large chunk of games certainly doesn't help them.

I'm not sure Roy was the correct choice but they clearly needed to do something and it should at least be interested to watch. Do they become the Torts coached Canucks and get forced into an early rebuild? Or does Roy actually get them back on track and squeeze out a couple more years of being competitive?

There was a recent game where the Islanders lost, and the whole team + coaching staff left the bench before the last puck drop. Horvat was the only player who wasn't on the ice and still remained on the bench and watched that final puck drop.

He wouldn't quit on his teammates. A lot of NYI fans were campaign to strip Lee of his captaincy and give it to Bo. Bo isn't the problem, it is unfortunate for him to be in these situations because management (Both VAN and NYI) put together a flawed team and expected to contend.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

This guy has the feels of how bad Gretz was a coach..Good luck man!

He is a prolific, PROLIFIC junior coach.  In 13 seasons with the Quebec Remparts, the dude has a 524-255-66 record behind the bench (a winning percentage of 62%).  12 playoff appearances and two memorial cups.  The man won it all in his first year as head coach and won it all again in his last, quitting on top.

This is not Wayne Gretzky.  Roy knows how to coach a hockey team.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

He is a prolific, PROLIFIC junior coach.  In 13 seasons with the Quebec Remparts, the dude has a 524-255-66 record behind the bench (a winning percentage of 62%).  12 playoff appearances and two memorial cups.  The man won it all in his first year as head coach and won it all again in his last, quitting on top.

Welcome to the NHLAgain, Dude doesn't seem like a players coach but let's just keep pumping his tires just because..bet you players will hate him..boy needs to chill with his temper!

Edited by Canuck You

8 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Welcome to the NHLAgain, Dude doesn't seem like a players coach but let's just keep pumping his tires just because..bet you players will hate him..boy needs to chill with his temper!

Bro, pumping his tires...  :picard:

Literally look up to the top of this fucking page

On 1/20/2024 at 6:41 PM, Miss Korea said:

Half the people will say he is good for the Islanders, and the other half will say the opposite.

But everyone will agree he is good for the league.  Patrick Roy instantly makes the Islanders MUST-WATCH HOCKEY.  Buckle up, Isles fans - because this rocket's going full speed (and nobody knows where).

Proposal] When Willie gets fired, hire Patrick Roy as President/GM/coach -  Page 2 - Proposals and Armchair GM'ing - Canucks Community

Watch Patrick Roy shove glass after winning debut | For The Win

Patrick-Roy-is-angrier

Bo does not know coaches - he barely gets to know them, in fact.

9 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

OK OK..Didn't know you were such a Roy lover! 😝...and watch you language sir!

You're not a mod.  And me making fun of his rage doesn't make me a Roy lover.  Nobody knows how good or bad his team is going to be.  They just want to see him go crazy every game.  It's one thing to enjoy the pure insanity and entertainment he's going to bring to the NHL.  It's a completely different thing to say something stupid like "he's as bad as Gretzky".

18 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

You're not a mod.  And me making fun of his rage doesn't make me a Roy lover.  Nobody knows how good or bad his team is going to be.  They just want to see him go crazy every game.  It's one thing to enjoy the pure insanity and entertainment he's going to bring to the NHL.  It's a completely different thing to say something stupid like "he's as bad as Gretzky".

Bro, I was being factitious..sure he has a decent record and I understand man, The guys got a temper...let's see where it goes..Capisce?!

image.gif.4eccdf3e42a8a43e9aec74086b3b3e4b.gif

• Cheers 1

On 1/24/2024 at 12:14 AM, Miss Korea said:

Well, a junior team at least.

On 1/21/2024 at 2:22 PM, Diamonds said:

Horvat is 1 of 5 Islanders with a positive +/-, has 42 points in 44 games, is on pace for his third consecutive 30+ goal season, and averages the highest ice time among forwards on the Islanders. I still wouldn't want him for 8 years at 8.5M, but I think it's safe to say he isn't the problem and at least this year is living up to his contract.

I don't understand the incessant need to always try to shit on players who are no longer with the Canucks. It's not like Bo even asked for a trade. The Islanders were also struggling last year which is why they went after Horvat. Horvat alone clearly wasn't the solution to their problems but that doesn't mean he's the problem either. Other than Dobson they've been severely lacking offensive support from their defense this year and Sorokin's play has been very inconsistent. Plus Pulock and Pelech missing a large chunk of games certainly doesn't help them.

I'm not sure Roy was the correct choice but they clearly needed to do something and it should at least be interested to watch. Do they become the Torts coached Canucks and get forced into an early rebuild? Or does Roy actually get them back on track and squeeze out a couple more years of being competitive?

Great post. Well said on Bo. I think Roy will be great for this group. They are defensive minded and I believe that's how Roy will coach, but he'll get the buy in from everyone.

• Cheers 1