PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

8 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

This has helped immensely. No more whining. just go out and do your thing . If a call goes against you let the Captain argue it.

Also, we have a a plethora of posters here that will do all the whining necessary, no matter what the situation is. It will be covered in spades. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, AmyTheGma said:

Drake lite, can you imagine dropping 500k just like it’s nothing?

lol, that's crazy. No, I'd be losing my mind every big play as my financial life hangs in the balance.

I only play for entertainment (mostly small stakes) and usually never put money into my account unless I've cashed out at least the same amount previously. I have a rule where I can put money in once every 3 months or 4 times a year roughly. I think I've only  made two deposits totaling $65 in the past year and a half. I was down to $1.50 about two months ago. I was going to just take a break for awhile if I went to $0  but I won a couple dollar bets and then slowly built it up again and I just cashed out $80 with the Chiefs win yesterday. Now I'm starting again with $3.50.

19 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol, that's crazy. No, I'd be losing my mind every big play as my financial life hangs in the balance.

I only play for entertainment (mostly small stakes) and usually never put money into my account unless I've cashed out at least the same amount previously. I have a rule where I can put money in once every 3 months or 4 times a year roughly. I think I've only  made two deposits totaling $65 in the past year and a half. I was down to $1.50 about two months ago. I was going to just take a break for awhile if I went to $0  but I won a couple dollar bets and then slowly built it up again and I just cashed out $80 with the Chiefs win yesterday. Now I'm starting again with $3.50.

Know your limit, play within it!  Good advice I’d say

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Except focussing in on one player and continually deriding him is, in fact, negative. I’m commenting on the actual substance of those observations and not giving my opinion. I’ve only commented that I’m entertained by the constant need to viscerate certain players and how it’s long history in this market seems almost to be a right of passage for some Canuck fans. 

It's not really that though.

We've commented when Demko's been off, Petey's struggled, etc. Miller sure took his share of heat around here.

So now it's Myer's time. Unless you're new to this, it's not really about a whipping boy as much as it's commenting on players who are in a funk. Myers has had a lot of games where he's done something questionable (stupid). And negatively commenting on the fans and some negative comments? Part of the problem or solution here?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Also, we have a a plethora of posters here that will do all the whining necessary, no matter what the situation is. It will be covered in spades. 😂

This is true. Especially at the first sign of adversity. 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

This is true. Especially at the first sign of adversity. 😉

I'd suggest to them to just throw in the towel ... but that can be hard when they're weighed down so much with water and tears.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

It's not really that though.

We've commented when Demko's been off, Petey's struggled, etc. Miller sure took his share of heat around here.

So now it's Myer's time. Unless you're new to this, it's not really about a whipping boy as much as it's commenting on players who are in a funk. Myers has had a lot of games where he's done something questionable (stupid). And negatively commenting on the fans and some negative comments? Part of the problem or solution here?

Let’s be real here. Unless he’s putting up something like Hronek like counting numbers he’s gonna be a whipping boy around here. And this treatment will be and is unrelenting despite fairly positive statistical feedback this year. If Myers is in a funk, as you suggest, so too are Demko, Petey, JT and several others who also display certain levels of chaos (or conversely seeming lethargy) in their play regularly, in my opinion of course. 

I’m sure you don’t mean to patronize by suggesting that perhaps this is all new to me. I can assure you that this is anything but. If you want to maintain this toxically negative reaction to Myers is somehow part of some natural cycle I suppose that’s one way of looking at it. All can offer is my observation that I’ve seen it before in this market. Certain players are never able to escape the fate of being viewed as unwelcome and under valued.

On 1/21/2024 at 12:25 AM, Sharpshooter said:

I hear you. 

However, Myers may have cost us a goal this night. 

Myers has cost us many goals previously. 

Personally, and I don’t need anyone to agree with me, i truly believe he will cost the team when it really matters, in the playoffs. 

I don’t trust Myers as a reliable Dman. 

Enough is enough. 

Fair but petey cost us a goal tonight, you can say soucy stick cost us a goal, every goal against is the result of a breakdown or another player just making a special play. It is what it is.

I think in the right role we don’t have a better option available for this season.

and in the playoffs he will be able to play more physical without getting as many penalties. And I think keeping him but upgrading our forward depth would be best.

hope you’re wrong I really do and I get it I’ve been a fan frustrated with Myers just as much as anyone

On 1/21/2024 at 7:07 AM, tas said:

in case you don't already (and i have my doubts about those of you trying to pick nits with a first place team after a 6-4 win over a hated rival on hockey night), it's helpful sometimes to read about things from the opposition viewpoint. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-many-issues-exposed-in-intense-loss-to-canucks/

some notable quotes:

"The Canucks swarmed their visitors from the drop of the puck, hemming the Leafs in their own zone, beating them in board battles, finishing checks with venom, and grinding out a bang-bang-bang trio of effort-based goals ..."

"By the six-minute mark, the Canucks had already jumped out to 7-1 lead in shots and 2-0 lead in goals, exhausting the bottom half of the Leafs lineup with relentless cycles.

One offensive-zone possession by Vancouver lasted 62 seconds — an eternity — before resulting in a Hoglander strike."

"Sloppy start," McCabe said, bluntly. "They got on top of us, and we didn't have an answer for it."

"Probably one of the best coaches in the world right now," Max Domi said. "You watch these guys play, they’re always ready to go."

"That was a bit of a theme for the game with their goals — just them outcompeting us in and around our net. So, obviously didn't like that," Toronto coach Sheldon Keefe said.

"Obviously wasn't a great start for us, but give them credit," goaltender Martin Jones said. "They came out really hard. They forecheck hard. They were physical. Everybody was kind of playing the right way. So, they're good team."

"It's a good atmosphere in the building with their fans chanting. Physical game. Every battle meant something, it felt like. It's good for us to be in those games," McCabe said. "Unfortunately, we were not on the good end of it."

"• Sam Lafferty, GM Brad Treliving's biggest trade out of Toronto: 10 goals, 20 points, plus-16, $1.15 million cap hit.

Tyler Bertuzzi, Treliving's biggest signing to Toronto: six goals, 19 points, plus-6, $5.5 million cap hit."

Tha Sam / Tyler comp is tough lol

• Cheers 1