PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Shots were 9 each in the 1st...

OK, so by your logic in only using the shot totals... your saying that the teams were perfectly evenly matched and no team stood out as the better team in the 1st?

Just because we were outshot doesn't mean we were outplayed. Demko is part of the team and it's his job to make big saves, but canucks played awesome in the 3rd. Think about how many shots were blocked or deflected by our guys. Team was great, just say nice things instead of trying to take passive aggressive digs

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I admit I was a little on the negative side for a while. Especially when we were playing that win one lose one stretch in late Novemeber.

But fuck, if people aren't believers by now, then I don't think they are even fans of hockey, let alone fans of the canucks

you must relate?

1 minute ago, JayDangles said:

OK, so by your logic in only using the shot totals... your saying that the teams were perfectly evenly matched and no team stood out as the better team in the 1st?

Just because we were outshot doesn't mean we were outplayed. Demko is part of the team and it's his job to make big saves, but canucks played awesome in the 3rd. Think about how many shots were blocked or deflected by our guys. Team was great, just say nice things instead of trying to take passive aggressive digs

No.  Like I said Vancouver played a good 1st, Toronto dominated the 2nd, and when one team has over 300% more shots than the other team in one period, it's safe to say that that team carried the play (ie. Toronto in the 3rd).

We had our opportunities and converted on them.  Doesn't mean we dominated the period though.

4 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

When the Canucks were down 6 on 3 at the end of the game they should have taken more penalties.

Fight everything. They can't go down to 6 on 2!

If nothing else, it helps our PK% for sure!