PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That wasn't pretty at all... if Demko wasn't playing like superman, it would have been a lot different.  I'm sure Tocchet wouldn't be happy with getting outshot 19 to 6 in the 3rd considering the PPs the Canucks had.

Demko came up big when he needed to - 11 of the 19 shots he faced came when they had the extra attacker (goalie pulled) or were 1,2 or 3 men down with about 3 and half minutes left in the game. Until then I think the shots were 8-6 (or something like that) which is pretty typical when a team is trailing. JMO though. 

22 minutes ago, Malibu said:

Pressure off the Blueger line? Good that the Lottos were +1 on the PP at least.

You don't get a plus for a powerplay goal ... but you do get a minus if you're on the ice for a shorty against (and a plus if on the shorty team)

2 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Every one of us that followed the team last season

I watched the entire last season too.  

But this is a different team. Have you watched the last 45 games? 

Fin using his leaf-blower on Leafs-fans… price-less!!

Hope that their numbers diminish…as they anticipate their  Leafs being handed more regulation losses in VanCity.

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Good win and an exciting game.

When it was a tie game, Zadorov really carried us back into the game.

Have not looked at the stats, but the face-offs weren’t great. If I am management, I’m calling the Flames tonight.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Suter - Lindholm - Kuzmenko

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Aman - Hoglander

The 3rd and 4th line are great, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Petterson-Lindholm-Hoglander

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Lafferty-Aman-Kuzmenko

6 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

The difference in shots was due to the Leafs getting the PP opportunities... and squandering them with lots of shots which didn't go in.

Whereas the Canucks were quick to score, they didn't require a lot of shots.

It still means they were in the Canucks end peppering Demko with shots against.

4 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Demko came up big when he needed to - 11 of the 19 shots he faced came when they had the extra attacker (goalie pulled) or were 1,2 or 3 men down with about 3 and half minutes left in the game. Until then I think the shots were 8-6 (or something like that) which is pretty typical when a team is trailing. JMO though. 

6 of them came after Hughes got his penalty.  So it was 13 to 6 before then.  Still over a 2 to 1 difference in shots.

32 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You know the shots were 19 to 6 in the 3rd right?  Demko saved us.

We were playing 6-5, 6-4, 6-3. Demko played great in the third but it was a collective effort. Sticks in the lanes, great positioning down low, kept it all to the outside and kept calm for the last 5 min despite not winning a single playoff. Credit where credit is due. Demko didnt have to make any tough saves. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup. But Alf enjoys other clubs suffering. Makes Alf happy. If it’s the Leafs just don’t tell Mrs. Alf! 😅

No worries as I don't like any other team either, doesn't make me a poor sport long as my wife doesn't know lol

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mc1laren said:

We were playing 6-5, 6-4, 6-3. Demko played great in the third but it was a collective effort. Sticks in the lanes, great positioning down low, kept it all to the outside and kept calm for the last 5 min despite not winning a single playoff. Credit where credit is due. Demko didnt have to make any tough saves. 

What?!??  Demko made some huge saves right at the end... if it wasn't for Demko in the 3rd, we conceivably could have lost.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Yup. But Alf enjoys other clubs suffering. Makes Alf happy. If it’s the Leafs just don’t tell Mrs. Alf! 😅

Im guessing ur not getting lucky tonight Alf?

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Kuzmenko was not invisable,,,made some great plays and drew a penalty...your hate for him is affecting your eyes!

Invisible on the score sheet where it matters. 0 points in the last 10 games played. Yeah I don’t care about some great plays if they don’t ever result in anything.