PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Same argument and this team keeps on winning,what do you not get??

They are coached to play hard so our stars can win games and they are.

Every year one or two players don't perform but Mik checks and has great speed, Kuz has great hands and they are up the clock when playing which is what you need to win.

Don't like them on the team that's fine but every time someone answers you , you give the same debate, getting old.

It’s the same debate because it’s the same results for the last 10 games. Can you say Groundhog Day?

• Cheers 1

Just now, HKSR said:

We were talking about looking at stats vs just looking at the game as a win.  I'm certain that GMs and coaches look at statistics heavily.  Otherwise, what's the point?  Just play games and see what happens?

We are fans, and not players or coaches or management. We, true fans, celebrate our team and don’t look for negatives during a win. Unless, of course, we are fans of other clubs and are only here to cast a line or ten. 

• Vintage 2

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

Or treat yourself to some hockey tickets.

Apparently, he has another $750K on the MMA fight going on in Toronto tonight as well. 

Maybe he will make his $500K loss back....I suppose money isn't an issue if your are betting $1.25 million on a Saturday night. LOL

Yeah, my buddies and I want to go to Canucks games but two of us work out of town(including me) and it's been a struggle trying to find games when we all can go. I took a week off so we can probably make something work weeks from now near the end of the season. 

I mean if you're worth 250-300M and you make 8 figures a year, losing <0.5% of your net worth isn't a huge loss.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Guntrix said:

We need to be better 5 on 5 if we want any kind of success in the playoffs imo.

do you mean better than tonight, or better than being the best 5 v 5 team in the league like they have been all season?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

We were talking about looking at stats vs just looking at the game as a win.  I'm certain that GMs and coaches look at statistics heavily.  Otherwise, what's the point?  Just play games and see what happens?

Called video replay.

Best way to teach rather than saying "you list more faceoffs then win"

Stats on a sheet means very little.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Can't really argue with what you've written. Thankfully I don't think management is drunk on the success and knows this is a hole that has to be fixed. It's kinda funny but what this team could really use is Bo Horvat. 😆

True but I think you'd agree allowing 40 shots a night is a recipe for disaster.

Thanks for being a voice of reason. Seems like couple people on this board are jaded in their analysis of Mik/Kuz. They’re not paid a combined 10 mil a year to look pretty on the ice. They were brought in as top 6 players and right now our third and fourth lines are out producing them. They couldn’t even get it done with Petey as their center. Highly doubt they’re suddenly going to get hit with Sutr as their center now.

Missed a bunch of the game live, will watch a condensed version.,

Just want to say "FUCK YA CANUCKS!!!!! Well played Leafs, we are just better than you.

JR/PA put together a SCF team as we speak ... wait until the next shoe drops if this is the best we think this team can be.

PS. I have collected on my bet ... nice to have friends that can bet stacks! ... Off to bed now

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

Just now, cripplereh said:

Called video replay.

Best way to teach rather than saying "you list more faceoffs then win"

Stats on a sheet means very little.

You've over simplified what I'm getting at.  For example, you identify the issue first, such as looking and seeing nearly 50 shots against, then you go and analyze the tapes to see why.  You don't just go and watch tapes for the highlights lmao

8 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Was  talking about Kuzy's improvement in THIS GAME ..Bruhhh

Lol ok. He’s shown flashes in more than just this game. Doesn’t mean crap when he hasn’t put up points. 10 games and counting….I like the flashes too. Like giving the puck directly to the opposition in our zone last game 😉 

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

It’s the same debate because it’s the same results for the last 10 games. Can you say Groundhog Day?

I can say team game.Takes more then two players to win.

Coaching is the key.

Players buying in .

Many reasons, and we have that filled.

Just now, cripplereh said:

I can say team game.Takes more then two players to win.

Coaching is the key.

Players buying in .

Many reasons, and we have that filled.

I’m just saying we’d be a better team if we replaced one of them with some other impactful winger. If I had to choose between the 2 I would pick Mikheyev to keep. At least he’s got some defence in his game. This team would be much better with one of them gone for a scoring winger.