PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

You've over simplified what I'm getting at.  For example, you identify the issue first, such as looking and seeing nearly 50 shots against, then you go and analyze the tapes to see why.  You don't just go and watch tapes for the highlights lmao

Who said anything about highlights???

Wow...

Say anything you don't like and you turn it around, how mature.

Anyways we get your one point you don't like two players.

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Thanks for being a voice of reason. Seems like couple people on this board are jaded in their analysis of Mik/Kuz. They’re not paid a combined 10 mil a year to look pretty on the ice. They were brought in as top 6 players and right now our third and fourth lines are out producing them. They couldn’t even get it done with Petey as their center. Highly doubt they’re suddenly going to get hit with Sutr as their center now.

Well Kuz has lost all his confidence and I wonder if Mik is still hurting? Either way they're not exactly showing they can be counted on for offence when it matters. Teams rarely go all the way with 10 million in under-performing cap.

Like I said, if you've been around for decades and bare the scars of the disappointment you just want this team to win so badly it hurts. But that doesn't mean you walk around with rose coloured glasses. Those 2 are not getting it done. I think if they could dump Kuz tomorrow they'd do it.

Just now, cripplereh said:

Wow...

What??  What are you even going on about?  This discussion has gone completely sideways.  All I said originally was that this was not a pretty win, that the team should be looking at what went wrong, and somehow it transgressed into this conversation about me not liking two players?

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are fans, and not players or coaches or management. We, true fans, celebrate our team and don’t look for negatives during a win. Unless, of course, we are fans of other clubs and are only here to cast a line or ten. 

Yup wins a win

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

True fans care about how the team can improve just as much as we care about wins.  If we didn't care about the team improving, we'd never look at the scoreboard details.

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Wow...

That was what I originally posted 37 minutes ago and you went off about how stats don't matter.  Where on Earth are you getting this thing about me not liking two players?  

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

That was what I originally posted 37 minutes ago and you went off about how stats don't matter.  Where on Earth are you getting this thing about me not liking two players?  

Did we win? That’s all that matters. The club that makes the playoffs and wins their last game gets the Cup. Be a true fan and enjoy our winning. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Leaf fan beside me was fun, joked about how bad their pp was and I said it was like watching ours 2 years ago, fist bump and a have a good night at the end of the game. 

That's awesome to hear. So Canadian 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Yeah other than his minus 3 he was fantastic......lol

I suppose everyone has a bad night...his plus 13 on the season (after tonights game) are tied with Garland for 9th on the teams +/-

His +16 before tonights game had him at 6th on the team. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I’m just saying we’d be a better team if we replaced one of them with some other impactful winger. If I had to choose between the 2 I would pick Mikheyev to keep. At least he’s got some defence in his game. This team would be much better with one of them gone for a scoring winger.

Someone once said on this forum hockey players are not hockey cards.

They are people, they are a team.

This aint pokemon. There is sometimes more value to loyalty and teamwork than there is to stats and points. 

Look at Garlund over the last year, compared to the last 2 months.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

this is more important than a good PP. 

That's huge.  But I worry that we may have lost Soucy to injury again... that'd be a huge blow to our PK.

• Like 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

What went wrong? They won...I'd say it doesn't matter if it wasn't picture perfect, the point is that they finished it off WITH a win. 

Tocchet liked their resilience and we should too. Teams don't often just blow out to a lead and never turn back. The Leafs came at them in the second and they were too spread out and chasing the puck a bit. 

Letting the other team back from a 3-0 lead.  Letting the other team get nearly 50 shots on goal.  

There are things to learn from this game.  It doesn't take away from the joy and excitement of the win, but championship teams don't just look at wins as not having to improve on anything.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1