PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

That's huge.  But I worry that we may have lost Soucy to injury again... that'd be a huge blow to our PK.

Missed that ... will watch game now on PVR .. no one give away the ending please .... thanks, LoL 

• Haha 1

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Good to know. 🙄

Thank you, always aim to provide context on my random musings. Anything else please just shout it out no need to be shy, we are all friends. 

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Lol ok. He’s shown flashes in more than just this game. Doesn’t mean crap when he hasn’t put up points. 10 games and counting….I like the flashes too. Like giving the puck directly to the opposition in our zone last game 😉 

Once more for you who are super dense I was just commenting on his play THIS Game...not last game or the last ten games...we'll see if improvement continues who knows

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's huge.  But I worry that we may have lost Soucy to injury again... that'd be a huge blow to our PK.

sounds like a great excuse to trade for a tanev and lindholm package. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, 88Canuck said:

I miss the good old days when most fans enjoyed hockey / the Canucks on a much more simplistic level. Today, some seem to over analyze everything / be negative about something constantly. Even worse, when things are going great / the team is winning! I understand how the game is looked at over the years has changed, but leave that stuff to management / coaches and just enjoy the ride!! Remember, no matter how good things are going, nothing is ever perfect and there will always be ups & down. Doesn’t mean things are great overall.

There just may be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow this time around…..

I'll drink to that!

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Letting the other team back from a 3-0 lead.  Letting the other team get nearly 50 shots on goal.  

There are things to learn from this game.  It doesn't take away from the joy and excitement of the win, but championship teams don't just look at wins as not having to improve on anything.

thank goodness, we are not a "championship team" yet because I think they are still having fun kicking everyone's ass

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Someone once said on this forum hockey players are not hockey cards.

They are people, they are a team.

This aint pokemon. There is sometimes more value to loyalty and teamwork than there is to stats and points. 

Look at Garlund over the last year, compared to the last 2 months.

I’m sure the other 20 players on the team want to win. So if that means someone on the team needs to be subtracted for someone better to come in and give a better chance to win every night then it’s not the end of the world. I’m sure some players were sad to see Horvat go, but it made us a better team. Thank god Alvin & Team operate with rationale, strategy and improving the team instead of emotions. I wouldn’t lose any sleep losing one of those 2 for some more help in the top 6. 

Garland was simply playing bad at that time, there’s a reason no other team wanted him when his agent had permission to find him a deal. He’s turned it around and it’s great. Problem is, we can’t wait 6 months to see improvement from Kuz/Mik. Trade deadline is less than 1.5 months away. Do we want to regret not moving one of them for some immediate help in July when it’s too late? Because they MIGHT turn it around. No this teams best chance is probably this year. There’s no saying if Petey/Hronek/Zadorav will sign long term or if Joshua/Bluegar are playing themselves towards a large contract from someone else. What this management has built is just as close to building a contender as it is from completely dismantling this summer. This is our year and this team needs to make some moves to improve. Yes we’re winning but we can be better. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Once more for you who are super dense I was just commenting on his play THIS Game...not last game or the last ten games...we'll see if improvement continues who knows

Ok should we come back to this 9 games from now. Then we can see how much he improved compared to the last 10 games. Same goes for Mikheyev. That’s fair right? 
My guess? We won’t see a difference.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We won! Celebrate! 63FFE88C-F02B-4AE7-A6BC-6E18F4F063F1.gif.ee2779b99a4edba666441d48b286e778.gif

Alf, I can only speak for myself here but I am tired of winning regular season games and President's Trophy's. The only thing that matters is the cup.

If we're satisfied with regular season's wins we're no better than Leaf Fans. 🤮

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Ok should we come back to this 9 games from now. Then we can see how much he improved compared to the last 10 games. Same goes for Mikheyev. That’s fair right? 
My guess? We won’t see a difference.

I gotta learn how to block the debbie downers....

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe Soucy will be injured until game 1 of the playoffs 😉

nah, just for a few weeks until ian cole stubs his toe. few weeks after that and zadorov might develop a nasty hangnail.