PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oilers fans are the ones talking about how they have 4 games in hand on the Canucks, so they're way closer than it looks and likely that they will catch us in the standings.

Don’t go to the oiler team boards don’t read this. Are you an oiler fan posting here? 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Don’t go to the oiler team boards don’t read this. Are you an oiler fan posting here? 

Ok, done with you tonight Alf.  Can't even have a civilized conversation with you about the Oilers fans being dicks.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

He’s worth every penny 
All the Garland disparagers have crawled back under their bridges. 

if he’s not posting points he’s drawing penalties,.  Hoglander is playing the same way to accomplish the same things!

Dividend players.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t go to Oiler fan boards so don’t notice. But do enjoy watching the Smelly Cowpieville fans suffer. 

Fuck the Oilers. 

Let the clown cry about them on their board. WTF is wrong with some people? 

We're celebrating beating the Laffs and some idiot's ruining the parade? 

Loser! 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Fuck the Oilers. 

Loser! 

Need Hrudey and Simpson on here to tell us there love for the coilers…

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Fuck the Oilers. 

Loser! 

Yup. Clearly not a fan of our club and only here to cast lines. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, tas said:

kuzmenko going the other way in the trade?

give it up. Kuz is worth more to us than any other team in the NHL because we know what he can be. Everyone else is looking at this year.

Why would management sell that guy? his contract is short anyway. He is basically a rental now or a try out.

just be happy. happy with the wins.

Enjoy the All stars!

We got 2 people voted into the Skills, JT and Hughes joining the skills comp with Petey! (sorry petey, you have real competition now for that million bucks)

2 hours ago, Iron Man said:

I've always viewed Cuthbert as one of the better broadcasters. Why the hate?

Obvious Trawnah homer; just sickly simping.

We should have our own homer video jocks on our home games; Leafs Jocks Suck.

• Cheers 2

Garland has been unbelievable since he got that neck guard for Christmas, he looks like a mini Mike Gartner out there with it on.

They should call that line the 'Flying Leather Necks'.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Two absolute roller coasters for me tonight Im a big 49ers fan aswell so flipping back and forth from both games had me some stressed out until canucks sealed it, glad the niners pulled it out, im hoping to knock off my sports championship lifetime check list this year with a superbowl and a cup, i’d die a happy man

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

If you've been following this team for decades you're naturally expecting things to fall apart.

There's many parallels between this team and the 2011 team. That team was a juggernaut too. Ultimately that team's failing was running into a red hot goalie in the finals and an embarrassing inability to score (8 goals in 7 games). Plus the physicality of the Bruins was hard to handle.

What worries me about this team is the 2nd line is frequently MIA. There's far too much reliance on the Lotto line. Thankfully we just might have the best third line in the league.

Personally I think this team is for real and don't expect much regression next year. So I'm inclined not to make any huge moves into the deadline and roll with what we have and gain the valuable playoff experience. Then retool in the off season for another run at it. Probably going to have to make room for Lekkarimaki and Willander at some point too. Not so much worried about the physicality but I wouldn't say no to a cheap bruiser before the deadline.

Also, the number of shots we keep giving up is concerning.

I think with the shots against it’s quantity over quality.  Even in the second I thought we did a good job clearing the front of the net.  Two of their goals were lasers by Nylander from the perimeter.  We stuck to the fundamentals and bent but did not break.  At some point we do have to give credit to their forwards.  Their defense and goaltending were a hot mess though.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oilers fans are the ones talking about how they have 4 games in hand on the Canucks, so they're way closer than it looks and likely that they will catch us in the standings.

Don't they realize even if they win all the games in hand, which looks likely sadly, they are still like 5 points behind us?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I dunno if we were watching different games, but there were several high danger chances in the 3rd.  Matthews alone had 2 or 3 really grade A opportunities from in close.

The leafs had 3 high danger that entire period, 1 of which they scored on. The grade A opportunities may just be exaggerated because they were hemmed in, or maybe camera angle but for the most part easy non technical saves. Hes a good goalie, knew where to be and his positioning well before the situation. 

Guess its all perspective, ill condede. Have a great night. Go Canuvks Go.