PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

What a game! Good 1st and 3rd period. Crappy 2nd period. 

kuzmenko & mikheyev invisible again though. Biggest glaring hole on this team is that line in my opinion. Even the coaches played Joshua and Garland with Petey when the lotto line got split up. One of those 2 has to go for a winger that can be a difference maker.

One of those doesn’t have to go, boeser needs to go. He brings absolutely nothing to the table, the goals he scores are replaceable by lesser paid mediocre players like he is. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

You forgot the emergency GMs meeting in April with Bettman to close that loophole.

Can't change the rules mid-season.  You have to announce the changes before the start of season or NHL/NHLPA agreement to close those loopholes so that the GM knows where the line is.  The line is already established, no cap in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

I think with the shots against it’s quantity over quality.  Even in the second I thought we did a good job clearing the front of the net.  Two of their goals were lasers by Nylander from the perimeter.  We stuck to the fundamentals and bent but did not break.  At some point we do have to give credit to their forwards.  Their defense and goaltending were a hot mess though.

Myers screened Demko on one and Soucy? deflected another. Two goals. But, their forwards, team, kept pushing. 

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I watched the entire last season too.  

But this is a different team. Have you watched the last 45 games? 

Was just trying to be funny friend. Didn't mean to rile ya up

5 minutes ago, Cuzzizzle said:

One of those doesn’t have to go, boeser needs to go. He brings absolutely nothing to the table, the goals he scores are replaceable by lesser paid mediocre players like he is. 

I guess you are a 30 goal scoring player? who is stuck in winterpeg? dying to come to vancouver cause you skiied at grouse and fell in love?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Oil ain’t fukin around……

They're actually learning to play in their own end.  Not letting many cross ice passes through and collapsing in the slot to block a lot of shots.  Skinner is playing good enough to win right now too.  Too bad we don't get to play them soon.  Would be a great test.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 24K said:

Man are the Oilers ever gonna lose a game now! This is getting ridiculous. Coaching bump of the century. 

Their coach has done a job, definately playing with more structure.  They are peaking too early; the buy in from their top players won't last. 

Thought Calgary played poorly, they can't connect on their breakout passes.  I don't want the Canucks to give up assets for Lindholm.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

win and asking those guys having fun where our banner

Classic line. Happens lots when I get into debates with Edm, Calgary, TO fans. Where's your cup? Go away, that's all you got? Low level intelligence there.

19 minutes ago, PeteyBoeser said:

What happened to soucy? 
was he always injury prone or just cuz he’s a Canuck now?

He’s a modern day Canuck Tanev. Very valuable back there, but can’t stay healthy with us.

3 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Their coach has done a job, definately playing with more structure.  They are peaking too early; the buy in from their top players won't last. 

Thought Calgary played poorly, they can't connect on their breakout passes.  I don't want the Canucks to give up assets for Lindholm.  

Yeah Calgary didn't play that well.  Their execution was definitely off.

• Cheers 1