PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

Thought the refs missed a bad penalty in front of the Vancouver net, just prior to Meyers getting into it.

Not sure which Toronto player it was, but they  him with a hip check, from behind, at the knee level and toppled him over backwards.

I get why Meyers got ticked.

Think the refs missed a forearm shot to the head of Zadorov, done by Domi at about the 17:30 mark of the 2nd, as well.

Demko -keeps on keeping his team in it, even when they all go to sleep for 5-10- 20 minutes at a time.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think the refs called lots on both teams. Can't really say we got the edge there...

They did, but it took them until the 3rd to call one against the Laffs, and there were some easy ones earlier that were let go.

I didn't have any issue with the calls against us, except Huggy's was weak, but there should have been at least a couple more against the Laffs.

I think that unbalance was partially responsible for the aggression later on.

48 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Is Keefe done?

Should he be? Maybe.

But, he's dealing with a crap GM who took over from a crap GM. Could he do better with a more balanced lineup? Perhaps, perhaps not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wonder how long before Shanny and Brad are shown the door.

The funny thing anyone could have told them the Leafs are a top heavy team. Trade Nylander and get a centre prospect, a defensive prospect and a pick.

But oh no.....

No matter how much cap space they have in the offseason. That team is screwed.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

41 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

ThIs was hilarious, especially the pic at 18:19 .  What an anomaly that was.  

This was us the last 10 years… 

thankfully we aren’t there anymore…

this is kinda triggering…

Reading through the GDT, felt like the Canucks were the ones trailing by 3 whenever the game was tied. 

Fun game to watch. It's weird that rather than feeling upset at the Canucks giving up the 3 goal, I was actually looking forward to see how the Canucks handle the adversity. 

Zadorov is pretty much everything we hoped Tryamkin would be. Loved watching him skate with the puck, almost felt like the leafs were afraid to go near him.

And super happy with them not giving them that last goal in the last couple minutes with the weak penalties at the end, Demko really came up big in the second half.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hear you. 

However, Myers may have cost us a goal this night. 

Myers has cost us many goals previously. 

Personally, and I don’t need anyone to agree with me, i truly believe he will cost the team when it really matters, in the playoffs. 

I don’t trust Myers as a reliable Dman. 

Enough is enough. 

finish him video games GIF

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wonder how long before Shanny and Brad are shown the door.

The funny thing anyone could have told them the Leafs are a top heavy team. Trade Nylander and get a centre prospect, a defensive prospect and a pick.

But oh no.....

No matter how much cap space they have in the offseason. That team is screwed.

I’m guessing Keefe is the scapegoat here

6 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I was thinking the same thing, wish I could have heard what he was saying. Although I'd prob only understand half lol guys accent is thick AF 

Probably something like... "and then the coach man has this board with X's and O's and lines and shit... no idea what he is on about, but this fun..."..😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

Yeah other than his minus 3 he was fantastic......lol

This is where plus minus isn’t a great stat eye test in the building he playes the puck well, was throwing his weight around and nothing grossly stood out that he’s the reason for that minus 3 

• Cheers 3