PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

A bit unrelated but In honor of the thread title..

I would like to recommend the movie "Fallen Leaves" it's a Finnish film that came out last year and it's one my favorite movies of 2023 

fallen-leaves_poster.jpg

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hear you. 

However, Myers may have cost us a goal this night. 

Myers has cost us many goals previously. 

Personally, and I don’t need anyone to agree with me, i truly believe he will cost the team when it really matters, in the playoffs. 

I don’t trust Myers as a reliable Dman. 

Enough is enough. 

Ya I saw that too 

he’s gotta go 

Boy what a game, you knew it was going to be a wild one against Toronto and usually is. Our similar trend of low shots, high quality shots and high shots against continues. Blowing a 3-0 lead is never fun but each component of our team came up big at different moments in this game. The Lotto line was really stifled 5-on-5, I wonder if we consider breaking them up soon. Garland and Hoglander were absolute beasts and it's good to see our depth guys carry us so many times this season which is the hallmark of good playoff teams. Gritty, hard-working playoff-type goals from them. Then finally our PP saves us at the end of the game with identical goals. Demko looked like trash to start the game, lets in two stinkers from distance, and then stands on his head in the last half of the game and ends up with 40+ saves out of nowhere but more impressively, gave up no rebounds when the Leafs were pushing late and just absorbed everything. He got better as the game went on.

Big game, you could see how hyped the Canucks were for every goal, this felt like a wild playoff game and good to see the team come together, fight off some adversity and beat the Leafs. When we're giving up this many shots it looks like we're getting pumped, but Tocchet has them giving up lots of point shots/perimeter shots and our D do such a great job boxing out in front of the net that the opponents rarely get rebound opportunities.

It'd be nice to have more control in these games and not lose it so much but can't complain about a 6-4 win.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

ThIs was hilarious, especially the pic at 18:19 .  What an anomaly that was.  

Yep, all his criticism of the laffs are because of their overweight top 4 contracts. When a huge contract falters like Tavares, the rest of the team pays the price. This guy even mentioned regret about losing our Sammy. hehe.

He said their defense and goaltending are sub standard. 

I think PA has been doing a pretty good job. 

Demko, I dunno. Definitely rest him next game. We need need need need need him for the playoffs.  We have to get him there healthy and in one piece. He did look stronger as the 3rd period went along though. I totally trust our goalie coach to set him straight. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, HKSR said:

Oilers fans are the ones talking about how they have 4 games in hand on the Canucks, so they're way closer than it looks and likely that they will catch us in the standings.

No disrespect, but win % etc blah blah blah ....  

Oilers are on an incredible run, but so are we...

They said the same about Kings.... and then they vanished.

1 bird in the hand better than 2 in the bush... 

• ThereItIs 3

7 hours ago, Tusk said:

give it up. Kuz is worth more to us than any other team in the NHL because we know what he can be. Everyone else is looking at this year.

everybody around the league knows exactly the same stuff we all know. there are no secrets. 

he didn't put up 39 goals in secret last year. that's why allvin admitted that teams have been calling on kuzmenko. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Devron said:

I love waking up in the morning knowing we embarrassed the Leafs last night 

Sipping coffee while cruising the games comments sections on social networks sites. Beautiful. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

If you’re having girl problems, I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems, but a Mitch ain’t one.

TM was singing another song…  

When the leafs are in front of the net. Drop them like they’re hot! Drop them like they’re hot! 

snoop dogg GIF

Edited by 88Canuck
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Too many Leaf jerseys in the building. Everything in the media seems to be about the Leafs but the Nucks show the little apple, yet again, that they are pretenders with bad contracts. 

Two off games in a row but the nucks keep racking points. GCG

10 hours ago, Tusk said:

I gotta learn how to block the debbie downers....

Lol I’m not a Debbie downer. Just looking at things realistically. People complained about Loui Erickson making 6 mil and providing no offence. Mikh/Kuz are not that far off at almost 5 and 5.5 mil and they’re not even as old as Erickson was when he was here. I haven’t seen either player do anything meaningful since the first 10-15 games or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Moeknows said:

How stupid are you...I only commented on one game for Kuzy onlyhow many times do I have to say that., wasn't a vindication or a prediction Sounds like yo hope they both fail. I hope they both fill the net.

Not stupid at all, although I can’t say the same for you. Both players haven’t done Jack all the last 10 games. We’ve been winning without them. They’ve successfully played themselves to feel like the 4th line on this team. Lafferty-Aman-Hoglander 4th line has played better than them this season. Compare the salaries between those 3 and Kuz/Mik. Definitely not getting our bang for our buck with both of them and for some reason you got a hard on for them. I’d trade both for picks and free up some cap space and trade for someone meaningful.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, R3aL said:

DAk been sharing how to get out of RT dog house. Hes like so he wants me to do this not this?! 

OMG I thought he wanted the opposite, THANK YOU

Kuz is like Latka on the sitcom "Taxi" 😆

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, tas said:

in case you don't already (and i have my doubts about those of you trying to pick nits with a first place team after a 6-4 win over a hated rival on hockey night), it's helpful sometimes to read about things from the opposition viewpoint. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-many-issues-exposed-in-intense-loss-to-canucks/

some notable quotes:

"The Canucks swarmed their visitors from the drop of the puck, hemming the Leafs in their own zone, beating them in board battles, finishing checks with venom, and grinding out a bang-bang-bang trio of effort-based goals ..."

"By the six-minute mark, the Canucks had already jumped out to 7-1 lead in shots and 2-0 lead in goals, exhausting the bottom half of the Leafs lineup with relentless cycles.

One offensive-zone possession by Vancouver lasted 62 seconds — an eternity — before resulting in a Hoglander strike."

"Sloppy start," McCabe said, bluntly. "They got on top of us, and we didn't have an answer for it."

"Probably one of the best coaches in the world right now," Max Domi said. "You watch these guys play, they’re always ready to go."

"That was a bit of a theme for the game with their goals — just them outcompeting us in and around our net. So, obviously didn't like that," Toronto coach Sheldon Keefe said.

"Obviously wasn't a great start for us, but give them credit," goaltender Martin Jones said. "They came out really hard. They forecheck hard. They were physical. Everybody was kind of playing the right way. So, they're good team."

"It's a good atmosphere in the building with their fans chanting. Physical game. Every battle meant something, it felt like. It's good for us to be in those games," McCabe said. "Unfortunately, we were not on the good end of it."

"• Sam Lafferty, GM Brad Treliving's biggest trade out of Toronto: 10 goals, 20 points, plus-16, $1.15 million cap hit.

Tyler Bertuzzi, Treliving's biggest signing to Toronto: six goals, 19 points, plus-6, $5.5 million cap hit."

We got 2 Tyler Bertuzzi’s on our team in Kuz & Mikheyev 19 & 22 points each 5 & 5.5 mil each.

• Cheers 1