PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, arsenalian said:

You know it’s normal for the trailing team to play more desperately and outshoot the leading team right? Happens to every team, not just the Canuucks. Also, that’s what good goalies do.

That's a big generalization.  Here's a recent game where Carolina got out to a 2-0 lead on the Leafs.  Shots were even through the entire game. 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/202312300TOR.html

Anyways, I'm 110% certain that tocchet and most of the Canucks wouldn't be happy allowing nearly 50 shots against, even though they won.

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

No disrespect, but win % etc blah blah blah ....  

Oilers are on an incredible run, but so are we...

They said the same about Kings.... and then they vanished.

1 bird in the hand better than 2 in the bush... 

Don't need to convince me of that... convince the annoying Oilers fans.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

We got 2 Tyler Bertuzzi’s on our team in Kuz & Mikheyev 19 & 22 points each 5 & 5.5 mil each.

mikheyev is a checker, and that's some creative rounding with his cap hit. 

why are you so eager to throw your players under the bus? do you know what the word "support" means?

Edited by tas
  • Upvote 3
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

That's a big generalization.  Here's a recent game where Carolina got out to a 2-0 lead on the Leafs.  Shots were even through the entire game. 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/202312300TOR.html

Anyways, I'm 110% certain that tocchet and most of the Canucks wouldn't be happy allowing nearly 50 shots against, even though they won.

They'd be happy with the first and very unhappy with the rest.  They got a lead, thought they could cruise from there and sat back.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

They'd be happy with the first and very unhappy with the rest.  They got a lead, thought they could cruise from there and sat back.  

Exactly.  Not sure why people here think the 3rd was a positive ...

• Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

Christ, give it a rest.  Myers has been solid all year.  

Yup. Tocchet (and his assistants) are clearly very smart coaches. They play Myers a lot of hard minutes. They wouldn’t do that if Myers wasn’t playing well. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup. Tocchet (and his assistants) are clearly very smart coaches. They play Myers a lot of hard minutes. They wouldn’t do that if Myers wasn’t playing well. 

If he was so bad, he wouldn't have been out there in the last minute........as he usually is

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We won! Our won’t make excuses. They aren’t whiners like Dahlin. 
As fans we will. The club is still recovering from the 7 games in 10 days in 10 different rinks road trip. They had not jump in their first game back, but still knew how to win. Their legs died in Period two last night, but still knew how to win. 
We are a great club. Accept that fact.

Now Bow 🙇‍♀️ to the Empties. 

How are you up so early?  I said it before and I'll say it again.  Until we see a live feed of them empties, it's all fake news!

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The big difference between our management group and theirs? We know how to build a team and they just have the mindset to just appease their stars, at all costs. 

This group hasn't had to make deals for any of their RFA stars yet.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, CaptainQuin said:

Does anyone have stats on our PK over the last 5 games ?

I feel like we have been sneaky good latterly 

Should be good. The reffs give us several opportunities to work on it pretty much every game.

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Exactly.  Not sure why people here think the 3rd was a positive ...

because they did enough to win and beat a good team that had taken the momentum?

why on earth would you view it as a negative?

Just now, tas said:

because they did enough to win and beat a good team that had taken the momentum?

why on earth would you view it as a negative?

And that's enough? Just close the book and be happy that they got outshot 19-6 where their goalie had to play lights out?  That's the approach and attitude of a team that would never move forward.  I can guarantee you 110% that Tocchet and most of the Canucks didn't view that period as a positive.  Happy with results doesn't necessarily mean happy with how they got there.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.