PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

And that's enough? Just close the book and be happy that they got outshot 19-6 where their goalie had to play lights out?  That's the approach and attitude of a team that would never move forward.  I can guarantee you 110% that Tocchet and most of the Canucks didn't view that period as a positive.  Happy with results doesn't necessarily mean happy with how they got there.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

D4CEDBB9-5EDF-4ACD-85AD-67E3237E9CDC.gif.54d3f182b7c992a5572fcb69398a369a.gif

1 minute ago, tas said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the fact that the players and coaches aren't satisfied with it means that the fans can be. we're in capable hands. 

there is absolutely zero value forna fan trying to find every little negative detail in an overwhelmingly positive situation. it is a toxic behaviour. 

You do you as a fan.  There's no rule book on it, and we certainly don't need you to tell us how to be a fan.  Some of us like to analyze the process, others just care about wins or losses.  Live with it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

He was before and is again now. Seems like a very good signing considering the circumstances. 

you invest in character, people, not numbers on a spreadsheet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boy what a game, you knew it was going to be a wild one against Toronto and usually is. Our similar trend of low shots, high quality shots and high shots against continues. Blowing a 3-0 lead is never fun but each component of our team came up big at different moments in this game. The Lotto line was really stifled 5-on-5, I wonder if we consider breaking them up soon. Garland and Hoglander were absolute beasts and it's good to see our depth guys carry us so many times this season which is the hallmark of good playoff teams. Gritty, hard-working playoff-type goals from them. Then finally our PP saves us at the end of the game with identical goals. Demko looked like trash to start the game, lets in two stinkers from distance, and then stands on his head in the last half of the game and ends up with 40+ saves out of nowhere but more impressively, gave up no rebounds when the Leafs were pushing late and just absorbed everything. He got better as the game went on.

Big game, you could see how hyped the Canucks were for every goal, this felt like a wild playoff game and good to see the team come together, fight off some adversity and beat the Leafs. When we're giving up this many shots it looks like we're getting pumped, but Tocchet has them giving up lots of point shots/perimeter shots and our D do such a great job boxing out in front of the net that the opponents rarely get rebound opportunities.

It'd be nice to have more control in these games and not lose it so much but can't complain about a 6-4 win.

I felt the same way, this team is learning how to win in multiple ways, which is critical for success in the playoffs.

Garland and Hogs are gamers, they come up big at the right times. Myers too, he is going to be a huge asset as a big physical D man that will compliment Zad, Soucy and Cole.

Zadorov wow! I have always wished we could acquire a Dman like Pronger, Byfuglin  or Chara. We have one now.

The PP was also clutch, great to see but why was Suter on the #1 PP? A bit of a head shaker for me. I would like to see Hogs, Gar , Blue or Joshua on there before him, but oh well. 

I liked how Hrudey was saying that we are good but we won't go far in the playoffs because we lack playoff experience ,but what he doesn't realize is that this coaching group is showing these guys how to win in the playoffs in multiple ways.

They are equiping them with the tools that are going to be needed in the post season and this is obvious by how the culture has changed dramatically.

The big indication for me is look at almost every players personal stats and everyone has pretty much improved their own game with the exception of Kuz. That is pretty good. Myers, Garland, Boeser,Juulsen,Joshua are some of the obvious. 

Just look at some of the discussions about contract renewals and pretty much everyone was expected to get a raise because of their improved play. 

I don't think they operate like a fined tuned machine yet, but they have greatly improved and are definitely moving in the right direction.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You do you as a fan.  There's no rule book on it, and we certainly don't need you to tell us how to be a fan.  Some of us like to analyze the process, others just care about wins or losses.  Live with it.

it's been made clear to me that I have no recourse but to leave or to block 2/3 of the people on here. unfortunately blocking doesn't work when i still have to read their hogwash being quoted by others. 

I wasn't sure if I was going to come back. I'm still not sure if I'm going to stay. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

This group hasn't had to make deals for any of their RFA stars yet.

This group has an old veteran manager with a proven winning history (Cups with two different teams as GM) as "overseer" for Alvin.   That kind of luxory wasn't available as an "advisor" for Jim Benning.  He had John Freaking Weisbrod.🤣

That doesn't mean Alvin can't make mistakes.  Only from my POV, they'll have the benefit of the doubt from me for the foreseeable future.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Vintage 1

Just now, tas said:

it's been made clear to me that I have no recourse but to leave or to block 2/3 of the people on here. unfortunately blocking doesn't work when instill have to read their hogwash being quoted by others. 

I wasn't sure if I was going to come back. I'm still not sure if I'm going to stay. 

Up to you.  Nobody will care if you're here or not.  Check the ego and accept you're not the gatekeeper on what the definition of a Canuck fan is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cuzzizzle said:

One of those doesn’t have to go, boeser needs to go. He brings absolutely nothing to the table, the goals he scores are replaceable by lesser paid mediocre players like he is. 

To say he brings "absolutely nothing" is harsh. The only reason I would trade him is if there is a gm out there who would give up a top 6 forward who can keep up when the pace gets intense. After yesterdays game I would hope to strengthen the forwards over the defense.

6 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm just trying to help people not appear to be insufferable, entitled children. attempting a good deed. 

Good attempt, but you're going about it the wrong way.  

10 minutes ago, tas said:

it's been made clear to me that I have no recourse but to leave or to block 2/3 of the people on here. unfortunately blocking doesn't work when i still have to read their hogwash being quoted by others. 

Sassy See Ya GIF by Hollyoaks

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He was before and is again now. Seems like a very good signing considering the circumstances. 

Boeser has never been an impact player, imo.  He's an opportunist, he benefits from impact players, putting himself in good spots to capitalize.  Fairly, he's doing a great job of it this year

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Good attempt, but you're going about it the wrong way.  

I appreciate the feedback, and all due respect, but I don't value your opinion. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

I appreciate the feedback, and all due respect, but I don't value your opinion. 

No worries.  I don't value yours either, so glad we can find common ground.

14 minutes ago, tas said:

100% feel this / get this! 

A few on here are way too much and not in a good way! Blocking them does not work, no matter what some say. 

It’s crazy that those people get away with what they get away with over and over and are the source of the issues on here, yet those of us who call it out are the bad guys in some eyes and get warnings or banned! Talk about putting the cart before the horse. 

• Cheers 3

33 minutes ago, stawns said:

This group hasn't had to make deals for any of their RFA stars yet.

Yeah I agree , I was just thinking about players we accumulated from them, Lafferty/Mik and other players they gave up on(Hyman) as opposed to what we were able to acquire such as Blueger, Suter, Zadorov and Cole. 

We could have appeased Bo too , but we didn't.

• Vintage 1