PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

13 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Bruhhh the guy has zero points, ZERO in his last 10 games played. He’s paid 5.5 mil a year to put up points not draw penalties out there. Second line has been garbage because him and Mikheyev have hands of stone lately. Mikheyev has 2 assists in the last 10 games (last one came 8 games ago).  So yeah I think we got enough defensively responsible players on the team. Those 2 need to start producing or the Canucks will have them packing by the trade deadline. 

why is it always a guy with less than 1000 replies that  wants to troll the canucks? Whats your regular name?

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

That Kuzy Joshua moment hit me differently. I saw it as a moment of heated intensity, and Kuzy was making jokes on the bench, ostensibly hiding it from the coaches. Joshua looked like he was focused and Kuzy was interrupting that focus with ill-timed joking. To me, it wasn't the time to be fooling around. 

I think Joshua was definitely focused but I don't know if Kuz was joking. To me it seemed more of an encouragement to Joshua. 

Kuz didn't look like he was fooling around either. 

He was speaking pretty passionately

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Well said.  Sure, he wasn't perfect last night, but the coaching staff has him seeing the light and his game has turned around nicely.  While his departure at the end of the season seemed inevitable, and somewhat surprisingly he was still here after his signing bonus kicked in this year, he has performed well.  Be interesting to see if he takes a pay cut to stay, to help make up for all the bad years where he was well overpaid.

Amazing what an actual defensive system can do.  I don't understand why people refuse to see how horrible BB was as a coach and, instead, download it into individual players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Mikeyman109 said:

Howd you like Matthews?

You gotta admit the team allowed Matthews only one assist, and shut down Tavares (Who is struggling big time).

Only Marner, Nylander, and Rielly were dangerous. What's great is as Steve Dangle pointed out that was one of the best games by Marner, and they still lost. 😄

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Too bad we won't meet Leafs during the playoffs...

We would use the first 2 games to destroy them physically, and then just blow them away... I would guess in 5 maybe 6, but last night showed they couldn't handle it, when the boys became physical... even with a few weak calls... just made it even better, that we didn't win because of the referees...

Seeing an $11.5M dollars contract handed out to Nylander makes me shake my head... 

For all the debate about, how Tocchet deals with Kuzmenko, have a look at Nylander that soft weenie, on the third of the Canucks goals... He was almost trying not to get hit, instead of blocking the shot... 

Thank god Tocchet is learning/forcing Kuz to play the right way... It's all good and dandy to see players score goals, but if they can defend a fish supper, what's the point. Nylander with 61 points and only a +3...

Leafs are sinking.... and we get front row seat to watch 🙂

Kuz was the only player in the top 6 who ended the night with an even plus minus

Lotto Line and Suter minus 2, Mik minutes 1.

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Kuz was the only player in the top 6 who ended the night with an even plus minus

Lotto Line and Suter minus 2, Mik minutes 1.

Yep and that shows he is playing well and the right way, despite not being on the score sheet.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

My betting rules:

1) never make a bet you [I] can't pay

2) Never make a bet with someone that can't pay a loss

3) If the person it a rabid fan then take advantage ... like this game ... my friend is a  TO Whore and will bet that Matthews will skate left instead of right  so I goad him

4) As the saying goes "A Lannister always pays his debts!" ... I always do. 

End of my bit.

I only ever bet when the Canucks make the playoffs and I always bet against them.  That way no matter what the result there will always be a silver lining.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blue said:

I listened to some Leafs post game talk. They said "huh, Canucks aren't that good. Not Oilers good"

JD Spunkis said this 

Maybe because leafs blew a 3 goal lead and loss to oils

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Well said.  Sure, he wasn't perfect last night, but the coaching staff has him seeing the light and his game has turned around nicely.  While his departure at the end of the season seemed inevitable, and somewhat surprisingly he was still here after his signing bonus kicked in this year, he has performed well.  Be interesting to see if he takes a pay cut to stay, to help make up for all the bad years where he was well overpaid.

I would like to see him back if under 3, ideally 2.5

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Still on cloud 9 this morning.

Love our boys and the determination they're showing. They know what it feels like to lose and they HATE IT. They have pride.

Quinn doing Miller stuff was awesome to me.....because they can't be content or complacent. Angry Myers too. A team that's fired up...cares. Sure, it can backfire but Tocchet knows how to help them channel that energy. Let that energy flow. 

I LOVE what I heard about Miller after Marner scored the shg.

He was calm and said to the bench, "we've got this". Then he scored not long afterward. True leaders (he and Quinn). No panic. In the past, the team would've crumbled after the tying 4-4 goal. They've learned some valuable lessons over the past few years and it shows. Also....can't ignore the fact that the supporting cast (which is inappropriately titled) is much improved than in the past.

Also hearing Hoggy's been watching a lot of video and it's helping him a lot. He was amazing.

This team....sky's the limit.

So the big question Deb.

Which Jersey did you wear to the game????

Nevermind you answered the question. LOL

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, stawns said:

Amazing what an actual defensive system can do.  I don't understand why people refuse to see how horrible BB was as a coach and, instead, download it into individual players.

The short-term success was fun while it lasted, but yeah.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

IMHO

We have the absolute best 3rd and 4th lines in the League

No contest

Will be crucial in the playoffs

absolutely agree this will be what makes us come payoff time. First two lines can cancel each other out much like last nights game but our third and fourth lines can be the difference especially in a long series

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I would like to see him back if under 3, ideally 2.5

Doubtful you get Myers under $4m.

Last year was really his only off year and you can pin most of that on the coach

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

HA. Leafs on the verge of dropping out of a playoff spot and he's saying the Canucks aren't that good? Cope harder, biatch lol.

The funny thing is they don’t watch us enough to know that we didn’t even play that well last night and still put up 6 on them.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, stawns said:

Doubtful you get Myers under $4m.

Last year was really his only off year and you can pin most of that on the coach

We can't afford him at that, even if we waned to. I don't think he is worth that on term, people seem to keep forgetting he's 34. Even if he manages to beat the age odds (he is in great shape) he's starting down 35+ contract status which most teams don't want to put big money into.

So with the 35+ thing looming, there's some pressure on him to sign for less AAV if he wants term. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So the big question Deb.

Which Jersey did you wear to the game????

Nevermind you answered the question. LOL

I love Petey and that jersey but it just wasn't right.

I am buying a black skate Miller as fast I can find one. I will retire my signed one (I always get worried it'll get ruined anyway). Put it in my treasure chest.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1