PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Amazing what an actual defensive system can do.  I don't understand why people refuse to see how horrible BB was as a coach and, instead, download it into individual players.

bruce was the perfect guy for the dead cat bounce. bruce was never the guy you wanted going forward. 

aquilini agreeing to the option year without telling rutherford was the mistake. the media being gutter trash made it an issue. 

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

it's been made clear to me that I have no recourse but to leave or to block 2/3 of the people on here. unfortunately blocking doesn't work when i still have to read their hogwash being quoted by others. 

I wasn't sure if I was going to come back. I'm still not sure if I'm going to stay. 

Doesn't blocking "mentions" achieve this?

12 minutes ago, Johnny said:

I would like to see him back if under 3, ideally 2.5

Oh yeah, for sure.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Doubtful you get Myers under $4m.

Last year was really his only off year and you can pin most of that on the coach

You're probably right, though, on 4M.  Which gets me to thinking... would it be worth it?  He's getting up in age, so might be looking for term to close his career out.  5-6 years at 4M might be scary at the end.  Short term at 4M I think would be fine, as long as his play continues.

57 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lastly, Hogz 2 goals and Garly 2 goals. 

Thats 4 from our bottom 6.

2 goals from our top 6 both on the PP. 

We need them to be better 5v5

Boeser Petterson Miller all minus 2

No we don't. Do you not understand that we were matching top line against top line. So the fact Matthew's had 1 apple, and we won the game means our top line was working hard to do their job. If you consider their 2 pp goals then really they broke even. If our top line can break even with the Matthew's line, or a McKinnon line, or a Crosby line, then we are in good shape.

The 2 Nylander goals were weak and neither of them were the Lotto lines fault. 

Maybe try watching the game instead of the stat sheet. 

• ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I love Petey and that jersey but it just wasn't right.

I am buying a black skate Miller as fast I can find one. I will retire my signed one (I always get worried it'll get ruined anyway). Put it in my treasure chest.

I have a Horvat one I can sell you for cheap. 

Actually check that, my wife just told me she took it to Value Village a few months ago 😂

Edited by Bob Long
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, tas said:

this is a nice opportunity for me to acknowledge the one thing I'll happily eat crow on this year and that's conor garland. I hadn't been impressed with him at all as a canuck, even though he had some success that first year I felt the frustration outweighed it, but he has really bought in and turned it around and taken control of that line. 

I'm now a conor garland appreciator. 

the players on this team have finally found roles, the first time since 2011. 

Alf is in that boat too. CG is a Concrete Gnome! 
True fans are happy to admit they were wrong. True fans want our team and the players to all do well. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

this is a nice opportunity for me to acknowledge the one thing I'll happily eat crow on this year and that's conor garland. I hadn't been impressed with him at all as a canuck, even though he had some success that first year I felt the frustration outweighed it, but he has really bought in and turned it around and taken control of that line. 

I'm now a conor garland appreciator. 

the players on this team have finally found roles, the first time since 2011. 

Yes thanks for that Tas.

I have felt that everyone on that line have been underated at one time or another. Garland I thought had that sparkplug energy that Ronning had he just needed the proper line mates. Joshua I thought needed to move up in the line up as he made room for the smaller , less physical players more space to do their thing. Finally, in the preseason, I seen the offensive prowess Blueger had and many said that Suter was the better offensive player. 

Now they form one line, that is awesome.

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Oh yeah, for sure.

You're probably right, though, on 4M.  Which gets me to thinking... would it be worth it?  He's getting up in age, so might be looking for term to close his career out.  5-6 years at 4M might be scary at the end.  Short term at 4M I think would be fine, as long as his play continues.

Short term, id probably do it.  Anything beyond 2 seasons, I'd probably pass.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

HA. Leafs on the verge of dropping out of a playoff spot and he's saying the Canucks aren't that good? Cope harder, biatch lol.

The name JD Punk Ass says it all! 😆