PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

Could we put a nail in the coffin, and have PA make a trade for Fraser Minten?

LH Centre, playing for the Saskatoon Blades, from Vancouver. Leafs 2nd round pick in 2022.

6'2" 192 lbs. Around a point a game in the WHL.

Might as well try and steal what we can from them. 😄

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, tas said:

everybody around the league knows exactly the same stuff we all know. there are no secrets. 

he didn't put up 39 goals in secret last year. that's why allvin admitted that teams have been calling on kuzmenko. 

Slide Mik in there instead

The ol' bait and switch. booyah

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Slide Mik in there instead

The ol' bait and switch. booyah

I like mikheyev and kuzmenko, but if you subtract them and add lindholm, tanev, and tanev ... ?

1 minute ago, tas said:

I like mikheyev and kuzmenko, but if you subtract them and add lindholm, tanev, and tanev ... ?

Lindholm sounds good but how much will he cost to stay? Tanev I think is running on fumes. No offense to the tanman. I like our d for now.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Honestly it's too bad this team doesn't have an effective 2nd line. I'm my opinion this is the only reason why I wouldn't go all in on this team this year. 

Wonder if Kuz keeps improving,  Hogz Kuz and Suter. Suter as a placeholder but defensively sound.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lindholm sounds good but how much will he cost to stay? Tanev I think is running on fumes. No offense to the tanman. I like our d for now.

I don't see any need to make any significant alterations to the d corps.  They have neither the kinds of assets they'd need to get Lindholm, nor the ability to re-sign him

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Could we put a nail in the coffin, and have PA make a trade for Fraser Minten?

LH Centre, playing for the Saskatoon Blades, from Vancouver. Leafs 2nd round pick in 2022.

6'2" 192 lbs. Around a point a game in the WHL.

Might as well try and steal what we can from them. 😄

I think he's an overhyped Leafs prospect.  Not the be all and end all, but he looked pretty pathetic at the WJHC among his peers.

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

tanev is rock solid and soucy can't stay healthy. 

playoff depth baby. 

you only need to worry much about keeping lindholm of petey bails. he's a bonus form this year and a safety net going forward. 

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I think he's an overhyped Leafs prospect.  Not the be all and end all, but he looked pretty pathetic at the WJHC among his peers.

So you're saying they need to throw in Nick Robertson too?

:hurhur:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, tas said:

tanev is rock solid and soucy can't stay healthy. 

playoff depth baby. 

you only need to worry much about keeping lindholm of petey bails. he's a bonus form this year and a safety net going forward. 

Oh I see as a fail safe for Petie I see what your thinking. Never really thought about 40 leaving. But I guess one has to consider all the variables eh

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It's that hit on Jankrok that I loved loved.

Yeah, we're developing an identity to be hard to play against.  Especially a defence group that is massive and mean.  Not gonna lie.  If we have to lose Myers in the offseason, it'll suck.  Having Myers, Zadorov, and Soucy is pretty awesome.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fan since 82 said:

Anyone know what he was so fired up about? That reaction seems pretty uncharacteristic for QH.

4 hours ago, Devron said:

As the Canucks 3-0 lead disappears.. I think is adequate 

I appreciate this kid more each day, and kudos for his pick as captain...I knew the bit about him hating losing, but he has fire and passion, and leadership qualities that quite frankly, I had my doubts about. I've never been more proud as a fan of this team.

Imagine his teammates seeing that raw passion with their captain PISSED at how the game turned around and how their lead was squandered. I gotta think they will follow their captain into the trenches every time.

He is not just a superstar D-Man, he is proving he is a bonafide captain through and through....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1