PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Oh I see as a fail safe for Petie I see what your thinking. Never really thought about 40 leaving. But I guess one has to consider all the variables eh

Gotta be prepared.  If Petey doesn't extend for at least 3 years (hopefully longer) a trade has to be made.  I think it'll be moot as my guess is Petey wants to be in Vancouver.  The way things are right now, though, don't punish him for waiting.  The longer he waits, the larger the sample size as a multiple season, young 100 pt centre and the clearer the NHL cap picture (and it's expected raise) becomes.

Still gotta be prepared though.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, we're developing an identity to be hard to play against.  Especially a defence group that is massive and mean.  Not gonna lie.  If we have to lose Myers in the offseason, it'll suck.  Having Myers, Zadorov, and Soucy is pretty awesome.

Myzy loves loves to pinch more. He's a Doberman pincher. He scares little forwards when he comes in a full throttle.  He's like those swarm shoplifters at Walmart.  Just grabs what he wants. Then skates back to his RD spot.

Man I'd like to try him at RW. And hit people.

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Someone with more skill than me....please! This needs to happen.

420763151_10160730881780549_457560112734

420791262_10160730881735549_338279505683

Love how Tocchet and Joshua look like they're ready to kill the guy for entering their bench 🤣  Im so glad this Canucks team is getting a reputation for being tough as nails to play against.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Suter is a very skilled puck handler, and can take draws (61% on the PP this year)  when JT gets kicked out of the circle.

Actually that reminds me.

The one power play where Miller gets waived out and there was confusion on who takes it next. Everyone thought Petey would and he refused and got Sutr to take it…I wonder if Peteys wrist is bugging him? 

Would make sense a bit I think. Obviously he still shoots like a cannon but face offs are very taxing. Last game I seen him have a bag of ice on his wrist too at the bench mid game.

Smart move to relieve him of face off duty and re unite the Lotto line for a bit to give it some rest.

Possibly reading too much into it as well lol.

• Cheers 3

Just now, HKSR said:

Love how Tocchet and Joshua look like they're ready to kill the guy for entering their bench 🤣  Im so glad this Canucks team is getting a reputation for being tough as nails to play against.

Anyone have the clip of Hoglander pulling the leaf down into the bench while smiling ? 😅

14 minutes ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Proud Of You Yes GIF

The good ..they beat the Leafs....the bad...blew a 3 goal lead and then gave up a shorty...yes I know Nylander got lucky with a deflection and a partial screen...were totally out shot...so the good ...Demko....and they beat the LEAFS!!!! 😀

Also, elevated their W record when they go into the 3rd with a lead.  Gathering themselves

after that horrific 2nd period and especially after Marner's SHG, shows the teams' maturity.

The best...in over 2mins of 6 on 4 and 6 on 3, the team stopped a high scoring team from

producing a single goal.  Sure, Demko is a fantastic goalie, but he is not a magician.  That

was a team win, by a team that can step up during a potentially disastrous +6mins in an

extremely disadvantaged situation.

They still have a ways to go, but they're showing a lot of character and determination.  Playing a

full 60mins and not taking their (collective) foot off the gas is a huge lesson to learn.  Luckily,

there are still plenty of games left in the season.  GCG

• Cheers 1

For Petie; 

I'm hoping he saw what happens when main stars over take so much of the cap. TO is far from where they should be because of such over spending. 4 top level guys paid so much.My goodness.

There's no elbow room for the worker bees. Sure you's can take your chances at a high stakes poker table and win a huge pot. But then the math ain't right to keep solid 2nd and 3rd liners. Not saying Petie is greedy, but he is smart. I'm just hoping the 2 parties can come to reasonable terms.

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Actually that reminds me.

The one power play where Miller gets waived out and there was confusion on who takes it next. Everyone thought Petey would and he refused and got Sutr to take it…I wonder if Peteys wrist is bugging him? 

Would make sense a bit I think. Obviously he still shoots like a cannon but face offs are very taxing. Last game I seen him have a bag of ice on his wrist too at the bench mid game.

Smart move to relieve him of face off duty and re unite the Lotto line for a bit to give it some rest.

Possibly reading too much into it as well lol.

Yes fk faceoffs,score goals Petie. Do what you do.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

it's been made clear to me that I have no recourse but to leave or to block 2/3 of the people on here. unfortunately blocking doesn't work when i still have to read their hogwash being quoted by others. 

I wasn't sure if I was going to come back. I'm still not sure if I'm going to stay. 

If at all possible hang in there. We need more informed,positive posters in here not less.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why, when he can put Suter out there?

I really like Suter but good lord it was tough to watch him miss the net by 4ft twice on great A setups. 

Kuz drew two penalties I believe and was humming in the Ozone and got stapled to the bench. Toc needs to F off when it comes to this crap. If you're going to put him in the lineup play him. If not healthy scratch him. Toc just messes with his confidence all game long. Tired of that shit.

With all that being said I love Toc and everything he's done for this team. He is the right coach and I understood the Kuz situation at first, but now it has gotten to the point of you've said your piece now you got to let the player work his way out of it. Can't do that by benching him half the game.

26 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

If I hear anymore Myers slander. I’m coming for your head 

The price you pay to be in our crease. Myer's was protecting Demko there. gtfo of my goalies crease! O'Reilly always takes those liberties. Good on Myzy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Myers has completely redeemed himself with me. He has made some BONEHEADED plays in the past but if he plays a physical game, he's an asset to us. I think having Big Z in the line up will help Myers not stand out as much in a glaring way, too. The refs will lose the ability to call every hit they make simply based on them being bigger than the other guys. He'll blend in more.

And Soucy Cole and Jewels. 

38 minutes ago, tas said:

I like mikheyev and kuzmenko, but if you subtract them and add lindholm, tanev, and tanev ... ?

That is no easy feat, Tas.  The Flames certainly wouldn't make that trade, which means the GM

would have to trade them individually to separate teams.  Even if Cal takes Mik, the Nucks would

still have to add some goodies to do it.

Mik is playing (statistically) at a 3rw rate, which is what he has always done.  His points are

right in the middle of the +20gs (Gar though to Lafferty).  My big concern about Mik is that

he appears to lost his step.  He just doesn't have that spark in his footwork.  Probably still

rehabbing from his injury, so hopefully he'll get it back at some point.  GCG

Kuzy is a different situation.  I do think he's trying hard to fit into the new system, but it's

very difficult to change the game that has given you (star) success.  I think the management

are being very patient with him, but I don't know how long it will last.  I would love to see

Kuzy turn the corner, as it would be a huge improvement for our team.  All we can do is

wait and see how it plays out.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

That is no easy feat, Tas.  The Flames certainly wouldn't make that trade, which means the GM

would have to trade them individually to separate teams.  Even if Cal takes Mik, the Nucks would

still have to add some goodies to do it.

Mik is playing (statistically) at a 3rw rate, which is what he has always done.  His points are

right in the middle of the +20gs (Gar though to Lafferty).  My big concern about Mik is that

he appears to lost his step.  He just doesn't have that spark in his footwork.  Probably still

rehabbing from his injury, so hopefully he'll get it back at some point.  GCG

Kuzy is a different situation.  I do think he's trying hard to fit into the new system, but it's

very difficult to change the game that has given you (star) success.  I think the management

are being very patient with him, but I don't know how long it will last.  I would love to see

Kuzy turn the corner, as it would be a huge improvement for our team.  All we can do is

wait and see how it plays out.

I'll let the brighter minds than mine (and the folks who actually get to hold the hands of cards) work out the brass tacks, I'll just manifest the concepts into the ether. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

I'll let the brighter minds than mine (and the folks who actually get to hold the hands of cards) work out the brass tacks, I'll just manifest the concepts into the ether. 

Isn't it nice to have faith in the brass that makes the decision?  Such a breath of fresh air.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2