PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

No we don't. Do you not understand that we were matching top line against top line. So the fact Matthew's had 1 apple, and we won the game means our top line was working hard to do their job. If you consider their 2 pp goals then really they broke even. If our top line can break even with the Matthew's line, or a McKinnon line, or a Crosby line, then we are in good shape.

The 2 Nylander goals were weak and neither of them were the Lotto lines fault. 

Maybe try watching the game instead of the stat sheet. 

Lol were you watching the game? 

The first Nylander goal was Suters line that was out. 

Funny that you make up fictitious scenarios... 

Either way, I don't mean to come off overly critical but it would be nice if our top line outscored the opposition's top line. 

We kept them at bay at least and our depth guys proved to be the difference makers. 

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lastly, Hogz 2 goals and Garly 2 goals. 

Thats 4 from our bottom 6.

2 goals from our top 6 both on the PP. 

We need them to be better 5v5

Boeser Petterson Miller all minus 2

In all fairness the top 6 was pretty deadly on the road trip 5v5. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

In all fairness the top 6 was pretty deadly on the road trip 5v5. 

Yes they were. They were amazing on the road trip. I Got greedy lol

Im pretty happy with the game yesterday. I'll take that win all day everyday 

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I really like Suter but good lord it was tough to watch him miss the net by 4ft twice on great A setups. 

Kuz drew two penalties I believe and was humming in the Ozone and got stapled to the bench. Toc needs to F off when it comes to this crap. If you're going to put him in the lineup play him. If not healthy scratch him. Toc just messes with his confidence all game long. Tired of that shit.

With all that being said I love Toc and everything he's done for this team. He is the right coach and I understood the Kuz situation at first, but now it has gotten to the point of you've said your piece now you got to let the player work his way out of it. Can't do that by benching him half the game.

Yeah Taco needs to deal with Mik instead of Kuz. Mik needs something to make him top 6 again. Mik looks like good checking forward. 4th line?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yah, OK then.......Holy fuc crap!  I doubt this was on purpose, and I think we can be even better then we've been / lets take a look, shall we;

I mean every team is gonna play top teams after the all star break I don’t think our schedule is any different.

Thats 10 games out of 33. I’m sure theres lots of bottom teams mixed in there too.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Seems like every team is playing super chippy against us lately.

Guess that’s the nature of being a top team. Forgot what it was like.

I was wondering how many of their roster is AHL quality due to cap problems. I definitely felt their line up has holes. Goalie too.

2 hours ago, Mikeyman109 said:

why is it always a guy with less than 1000 replies that  wants to troll the canucks? Whats your regular name?

Well you know even tho the Canucks are winning, they really have to stop not being perfect……..

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yah, OK then.......Holy fuc crap!  I doubt this was on purpose, and I think we can be even better then we've been / lets take a look, shall we;

Much better scenario than facing bunch of non playoff teams, or playing meaningless games.   The div and maybe the conference seeding will be up for grabs to the very end.  

We don't want Nux to cruise into the playoffs like in 2012, and getting knocked out in first round by the eventual cup champs LAK.  They need to play like it's the playoffs going into the final stretch.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not a goalie coach

But, on that 2nd Nyl goal (off Soucy's stick). Is it better to have one's glove hand higher? Thus easier to drop down on a shot than trying to raise the glove?

I think it’s the other way around.  There was an analysis of one of Petey’s PP goals where he hit that soft spot above the goalie’s pad on the glove hand side.  Goalie saw it all the way but the shot was so quick, he couldn’t react fast enough.  They said the natural tendency when a goaltender flashes out the glove is to go higher.  Much harder for a goaltender to swipe down.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean every team is gonna play top teams after the all star break I don’t think our schedule is any different.

Thats 10 games out of 33. I’m sure theres lots of bottom teams mixed in there too.

Out of 33 games we would have the following bottom teams...

Blackhawks 

Wild 

Ducks x2

Sabres

Habs

The rest will be against teams in the playoff picture or chasing playoff picture. Buckle up it's gonna get interesting after all star break

45 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yes they were. They were amazing on the road trip. I Got greedy lol

Im pretty happy with the game yesterday. I'll take that win all day everyday 

Man oh man it woulda been sweet if Myers punch didnt miss Tavares’s chin. Pretty sure the whole NYI fan base woulda gave that a standing ovation.

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Not a goalie coach

But, on that 2nd Nyl goal (off Soucy's stick). Is it better to have one's glove hand higher? Thus easier to drop down on a shot than trying to raise the glove?

That one is on the defense coach.... Soucy tipped it like miller would on a Hughes shot. That was not a Demmer miss.

• Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's more than 10 games.  JP meant it's 3 vs WPG and 3 vs VGK etc.  So that's 17 games. 

What's a bit strange is that Nux hasn't played a single game vs LAK or WPG yet and majority of games vs VGK, both top division and conference rivals.  Also majority of games vs Avs left. Luckily, Nux swept the oils when they sucked.   The last games in Edmonton and Winnipeg will likely have significant impact on playoff seeding.  Fun times right to the end of the season.   

Can't wait for playoffs. 

Edited by Jaimito

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Man oh man it woulda been sweet if Myers punch didnt miss Tavares’s chin. Pretty sure the whole NYI fan base woulda gave that a standing ovation.

Given Tavares a captain of leafs, it's probably best he didn't get KOed.   The league is gonna suspend Myers for a long time.  

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

The small bar sucked, lol. I was hoping for people to be wearing their Leafs gear, but no one was. They definitely did cheer when they tied it up and the bartender had the Budweiser goal horn thing and took it out when they scored. Definitely next season gonna go to The Loose Moose

That sucks. Hemingway's usually has a pretty good hockey crowd. And the Moose is a great place too. They had/have a room downstairs where I've watched some great bands.