PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

7 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

Not stupid at all, although I can’t say the same for you. Both players haven’t done Jack all the last 10 games. We’ve been winning without them. They’ve successfully played themselves to feel like the 4th line on this team. Lafferty-Aman-Hoglander 4th line has played better than them this season. Compare the salaries between those 3 and Kuz/Mik. Definitely not getting our bang for our buck with both of them and for some reason you got a hard on for them. I’d trade both for picks and free up some cap space and trade for someone meaningful.

🙄

17 hours ago, HKSR said:

Oilers fans are the ones talking about how they have 4 games in hand on the Canucks, so they're way closer than it looks and likely that they will catch us in the standings.

You know who else had at least 4 games of the Canucks, the LA Kings back when they were in the words of Drance "elite under the hood" unlike the overachieving Canucks.  You still have to win the games.  

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I mean every team is gonna play top teams after the all star break I don’t think our schedule is any different.

Thats 10 games out of 33. I’m sure theres lots of bottom teams mixed in there too.

Actually that is 17 games, not 10 out of 33.  One thought, don't forget Detroit, Washington 2x, Pittsburgh 1x and a few more teams as they are in playoff race so add all those to 27 out of 33 games.   All of those games remaining is a good practice for the playoff, high intensity games down the stretch, not Sharks type of games down the stretch, keeping up with the pace is better than locking and mailing it in even if they have the spot locked up.  They will treat us like a playoff game as they are getting desperate, perfect time to finish up their schedule and not lose a beat.  This will only help them to keep their game speed at shape for playoff-ready, not waiting to shake off their rust when playoff arrives.  6 of those games remaining are against teams so far down that they will miss the playoffs and rest of it are in the race and a few of them will drop out in March. 

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

At this juncture our 1st, Mik, Kuz, Woo, Wolanin, for Lindholm and C. Tanev I'd be more than ok with.

Calgary could get a much better deal than that, imo

Everything is awesome.

I would look at very minor tweaks.

Grass may not be greener. Our stats when leading going into the 3rd is just unreal. We can score and obviously hold the lead. Let's not fix what is not broken.

We are special, very well balanced.

Plan the fookin parade. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

You know who else had at least 4 games of the Canucks, the LA Kings back when they were in the words of Drance "elite under the hood" unlike the overachieving Canucks.  You still have to win the games.  

You don't need to convince me lol.  Convince the cocky Oilers fans that think they're on par with the Canucks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I really like Suter but good lord it was tough to watch him miss the net by 4ft twice on great A setups. 

Kuz drew two penalties I believe and was humming in the Ozone and got stapled to the bench. Toc needs to F off when it comes to this crap. If you're going to put him in the lineup play him. If not healthy scratch him. Toc just messes with his confidence all game long. Tired of that shit.

With all that being said I love Toc and everything he's done for this team. He is the right coach and I understood the Kuz situation at first, but now it has gotten to the point of you've said your piece now you got to let the player work his way out of it. Can't do that by benching him half the game.

I dunno about that. 

There was an extended clip showing Kuz and RT in a long discussion where RT is coaching Kuz while Kuz is still able to speak his mind. 

I think until I hear from Kuz he wants out, I don't want to speculate what's happening in his head. 

Ofcourse he wants to play. All players do. But the important factor is whether Kuz is accepting the coaching RT is giving him

Look at Hogz. That guy used to get stapled to the bench like Kuzy

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I think Rick and Alvin definitely pleased with Dakota Joshua this season.

I mean it's highly unlikely, but if we can lock him in longer term for under $3m, that'd be fantastic. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, with a guy like Miller he'll more than make up for it. Usually count on a a good goal or assist because he knows he's maybe put the team behind a step.

Myers? Not so much. If, during those bad games (and anyone saying he hasn't had them doesn't watch) he threw some big hits or did something to change momentum, sure. But often he's the start of a downward cycle that others have to pull us out of.

I like him. I'm glad he looks better but there's been good reason for some criticism. The others have their moments too, but his are often head scratchers.

Myers is solid in a third pair role on a good team.  He's not a top 4 D and $6mill is too much to pay for a 5-6.  The Canucks pro scouting is so good though I have confidence they could find a great fit at the right price for half the money.

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Everything is awesome.

I would look at very minor tweaks.

Grass may not be greener. Our stats when leading going into the 3rd is just unreal. We can score and obviously hold the lead. Let's not fix what is not broken.

We are special, very well balanced.

Plan the fookin parade. 

I'm not planning any parade, but everything else you say is exact. 

A couple tweaks without selling the farm and we're in real good shape. 

I keep saying it, but we're not the desperate ones. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Canucks are getting great practice for the playoffs. 

All teams are coming in ready to play and usually I see them try their A game against us. 

We sometimes don't compete for a full 60 but seem to turn it up as needed and come out with the win. 

We are seeing a lot of playoff like intensity lately

We can't expect them to play like that every game for 60 minutes in the reg season but they are doing it often enough to show when playoff hits, they'll be more than ready to do it for as long as it takes to pull out a win. 

I think we are definitely seeing that

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Myers is solid in a third pair role on a good team.  He's not a top 4 D and $6mill is too much to pay for a 5-6.  The Canucks pro scouting is so good though I have confidence they could find a great fit at the right price for half the money.

Is the club grooming Juulsson to play bottom pairing full time next season? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

He'll likely be around the $4m range, imo.  I'd be fine with that on a 2 year deal

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I'd rather look at Adam Henruque than Monahan........though I wouldn't be upset to get him either.  I think AH will be a cheaper buy personally

I thought about him as well...just not sure how much he has left in the tank. 

Hard to gauge playing on such a bad team. 

I'd rather look at Adam Henruque than Monahan........though I wouldn't be upset to get him either.  I think AH will be a cheaper buy personally

I watched the Sens v Flyers today. That Pinto kid looks really good. How much to acquire him? 2024 first + what? 

He'll likely be around the $4m range, imo.  I'd be fine with that on a 2 year deal

So funny

I think I would be too but this management group has such a long leash with me now. 

If they let Myers go and sign another guy, I would just assume and trust  that is the best plan.