PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You don't need to convince me lol.  Convince the cocky Oilers fans that think they're on par with the Canucks.

Yeah, we know. it's just funny to think you can compare the Oilers with the Canucks when you look at the schedule the Oilers have had in that stretch. Lots of Sharks, Sens and Blackhawks in there.  They're in a very soft part of their schedule.  

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I thought about him as well...just not sure how much he has left in the tank. 

Hard to gauge playing on such a bad team. 

26 points in 44 games and an even +/- on a terrible team.  I'm not one for plus minus, but that's impressive on that club.  I think he plays  style more in tune with Kuz than Monahan does.  Both would be a pure rental, so it'd have to be a reasonable cost, imo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

We can't afford that.

well, one way or the other, they need a top 4 rhd and that's going to cost them.  Not saying I'd be set in Myers, but you might not get better for cheaper

5 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

I'm not planning any parade, but everything else you say is exact. 

A couple tweaks without selling the farm and we're in real good shape. 

I keep saying it, but we're not the desperate ones. 

All good. I can plan it.

I've always thought the SunRun route would work.

Down Georgia, onto Denman so the Cup can go through a bit of Stanley Park, down Beach to the Burrard Bridge and over, come back over the Cambie and head right into Rogers.

It will be glorious. We just need to manifest it!

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, stawns said:

Doubtful you get Myers under $4m.

Last year was really his only off year and you can pin most of that on the coach

Then he doesnt get re-signed

He needs to understand that hes a 5-6 guy who can fill in for a 4 guy every now and then, otherwise hes gone

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

26 points in 44 games and an even +/- on a terrible team.  I'm not one for plus minus, but that's impressive on that club.  I think he plays  style more in tune with Kuz than Monahan does.  Both would be a pure rental, so it'd have to be a reasonable cost, imo

Wishful thinking on my part but...I'm hoping any trade for a rental will have a reasonable cost. LOL

JR/PA have done well so far this year on trades though, hope they pull the trigger sooner rather than later though...before bidding wars start.  

I'd much prefer Monahan's Cap hit though $1.95 as opposed to Henrique's $5.85 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd rather look at Adam Henruque than Monahan........though I wouldn't be upset to get him either.  I think AH will be a cheaper buy personally

Oddly enough, Monahan is actually the player with better playoff numbers.  I'd say between those 2, I'd take whichever one comes cheapest.

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

So funny

I think I would be too but this management group has such a long leash with me now. 

If they let Myers go and sign another guy, I would just assume and trust  that is the best plan.  

same here, but as I said in another post, you might not get a better top 4 rhd for cheaper.

Just now, HKSR said:

Oddly enough, Monahan is actually the player with better playoff numbers.  I'd say between those 2, I'd take whichever one comes cheapest.

that's my feeling too.  Whatever they do, they shouldn't be giving up a whole lot for a rental.  They've got a good team and I'd be fine heading into the playoffs as is

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Then he doesnt get re-signed

He needs to understand that hes a 5-6 guy who can fill in for a 4 guy every now and then, otherwise hes gone

sorry, his numbers and play suggest otherwise

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Monahan... is the one we can fit into our Cap without sending big money the other way. JMO 

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

All good. I can plan it.

I've always thought the SunRun route would work.

Down Georgia, onto Denman so the Cup can go through a bit of Stanley Park, down Beach to the Burrard Bridge and over, come back over the Cambie and head right into Rogers.

It will be glorious. We just need to manifest it!

That would be a dream come true!

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Wishful thinking on my part but...I'm hoping any trade for a rental will have a reasonable cost. LOL

JR/PA have done well so far this year on trades though, hope they pull the trigger sooner rather than later though...before bidding wars start.  

I'd much prefer Monahan's Cap hit though $1.95 as opposed to Henrique's $5.85 

both cap hits will be pro-rated as they are expiring contracts

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Wonder if Kuz keeps improving,  Hogz Kuz and Suter. Suter as a placeholder but defensively sound.

I think Kuzmenko is done as a Canuck. I know Boesser, Garland, and Hoglander all figured it out but, for some reason, Tocchet just can't get to Kuzmenko.

He's just not working uder Tocchet's system. 

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Agreed...but fitting $900 K in Cap is much easier than fitting 2.8 million in,

I agree, but I don't see MOnhan's style fitting the Canucks nearly as well.  Ultimately,it comes down to what it takes to get an addition.......the Canucks are not in desperation mode in anyway and there's no need to overpay for a tdl deal.........leave that for Edm and TO

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I hope it's not unlikely. 

We need to sign him and to sign him under 3m

We dont need to sign him.Juulsen will take his place at cheep rate.If you investing money,pay a bit more and have top 4

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I hope it's not unlikely. 

We need to sign him and to sign him under 3m

He's on pace for over 20 goals and 40 points.  That's closer to $4m territory than $3m... but given there's no history of it, he will probably come in between $3m and $3.5m.  Same with Blueger.  If we have to give up 1 of them, I'd say give up Blueger and give 3C duties to Suter.

24 minutes ago, stawns said:

well, one way or the other, they need a top 4 rhd and that's going to cost them.  Not saying I'd be set in Myers, but you might not get better for cheaper

there's some UFA options: https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents/2025/caphit/all/defense/ufa/desc/right?stats-season=2024

given what this staff did to improve Myers game, I have no doubt there's a player in this list that they can do the same with.