PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

I think Kuzmenko is done as a Canuck. I know Boesser, Garland, and Hoglander all figured it out but, for some reason, Tocchet just can't get to Kuzmenko.

He's just not working uder Tocchet's system. 

I think Mik has more problems than Kuz,mostly due to his knee surgery. I don't see him regaining his full mobility.  I'd put my money on Kuz bouncing back before Mik.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

You Sir, have a great eye for talent and taste in players. LOL

I've been a Tuch fan for years, EK has grown on me over the years as well. 

I felt the same way when we traded for JT Miller, loved his game...also a big Erik Cernak fan.   

Thanks dude

Cernak and Andersson are 2 right side ds i would give up lots for

I didnt know much about millar before but i could tell right away he was a gamer

there was a time though when i would have traded Edler for Cody Franson straight up, I think it was 2013…💩

46 minutes ago, stawns said:

Case in point.......the Nylander goal last night.  In no way was that Myers fault, but the usual suspects were ready to string him up in town square.

Some individuals in this fan base are delusional. They don’t know what we have till it’s gone. Everyone talked crap about Edler and when he was gone we realized how much he kept the D core together. Myers is not a 6 million a year dman. I give them that much. At most he is a 4 mil guy. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if they resigned him to 2 years 4 mil and Zadorav 5 years 4.5 mil per year. Would give enough time for one of Willander, D Petey, or Brustewicz to step in.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Mik has more problems than Kuz,mostly due to his knee surgery. I don't see him regaining his full mobility.  I'd put my money on Kuz bouncing back before Mik.

Im wondering what a line of

Hogz suter and Kuz would look like

Hogz has been an animal lately and I think he deserves a bit more ice time

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Some individuals in this fan base are delusional. They don’t know what we have till it’s gone. Everyone talked crap about Edler and when he was gone we realized how much he kept the D core together. Myers is not a 6 million a year dman. I give them that much. At most he is a 4 mil guy. I wouldn’t lose any sleep if they resigned him to 2 years 4 mil and Zadorav 5 years 4.5 mil per year. Would give enough time for one of Willander, D Petey, or Brustewicz to step in.

Elder = whipping boy

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

You have to understand he is not top 4,and you dont pay bottom 6 that kind of money(4 mill)

27 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Me too. For me Mik is one of those speedy guys who can't always harness it in order to bring others into the play and set stuff up. He's electrifying when he does connect, but too often he doesn't. Maybe mobility is part of that?

Like him, but I'd keep Kuz over him.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Alf will squeeze you into his gin. 

Reminds me of Dave Allen.

Drunk comes up to the hostess. Sorry Madam, but do lemons have feathers?

Hostess: No I don't think so why?

Drunk: I'm sorry Madam I think I just squeezed your canary into my drink.....

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, stawns said:

well, one way or the other, they need a top 4 rhd and that's going to cost them.  Not saying I'd be set in Myers, but you might not get better for cheaper

Slather me in chocolate sauce and call me crazy but I think PA / JR will convince the Chaos Giraffe to sign for about $2M AAV by 3 years. I wouldn't put anything past them at this point. But I would agree that $4M probably is a bit rich for the plan and they have a player or two in the minors that would be ready to step up.

I don't think Cole will be here next year at $3M (or at all), so his minutes will need replacing as well if he goes out the door - player on Abby I hope.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

He's on pace for over 20 goals and 40 points.  That's closer to $4m territory than $3m... but given there's no history of it, he will probably come in between $3m and $3.5m.  Same with Blueger.  If we have to give up 1 of them, I'd say give up Blueger and give 3C duties to Suter.

Agreed

It's difficult to find that combination of size, speed, toughness with decent hands

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, stawns said:

Christ, give it a rest.  Myers has been solid all year.  

@Sharpshooter Myers has been not too bad and getting better as we progress. ** see below for additional comment.

I am worried about that too Sharpie. The return of the Myers worst play at the worst time. He will be a huge physical bonus playoff time though if plays like he did in the bubble. He also took some massively costly penalties too so that's a definite concern.

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

After his brief benching. The coaches have found a way to get the most out of him.

Yeah, Gonchar, and I personally think Foote probably has the most influence. The one thing that is striking is to watch Myers in his own zone, and how he now returns to the front of our net during play. He almost looks like a computer player in EA Sports. He will look to get to the puck as it gets dumped in, if he can 100% get to it he will go and retrieve it. However, if there is any doubt he will immediately forget about the puck and skate to the right front of Demko and do a little button hook and just stand there no matter what is happening on the boards (like he should). I've seen it so frequently lately that it's very obvious it's in the coaching. It's about time someone explained this to him and instilled some simple rules for him to follow. Takes the decision making out of his hands. No more do we have to watch him making uncontested 4 foot passes to the opposition's best player (cough Hughes cough) right on the board hashmark's, while other players are wide open in front of the net.

Thank goodness someone finally got through to him. It eliminates him from constantly being out of position and making horrible decisions under pressure with the puck.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Zimmyparttwo said:

Historically, with this fan base, once soured on a player, rarely does anyone sweeten. Its tradition handed down generation to generation and includes a litany of Canuck whipping boys (large, awkward d-men chief among these). 

This thread has proven an entertaining read today as it’s brought back lots of memories that pre-date even the Dana Murzyn years.

I don't see this behaviour exclusive to the Canuck fan base or the sport of hockey.  It also

includes any other sport that has a rabid fan base.

Garland, Boeser, Miller are more recent victims of the fans' bashing, but they have had to change

their opinions.  Lately, I've even seen a bit of EP slipping into this realm. 

It's what it is.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Me too. For me Mik is one of those speedy guys who can't always harness it in order to bring others into the play and set stuff up. He's electrifying when he does connect, but too often he doesn't. Maybe mobility is part of that?

Like him, but I'd keep Kuz over him.

Yes not this game but the last game he was skating towards the boards and crashed into them. Nobody around him. I think he was trying to do a quick turn on that leg. But no go.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes not this game but the last game he was skating towards the boards and crashed into them. Nobody around him. I think he was trying to do a quick turn on that leg. But no go.

Yup. Mik is still recovering. Usually takes me full year. 

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Mik is still recovering. Usually takes me full year. 

It makes sense that he’s really slowing down at the mid way point as the grind is setting in.

Hopefully we can manage his minutes and with a much needed allstar break it’ll help put some pep back into his step.

17 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I don't see this behaviour exclusive to the Canuck fan base or the sport of hockey.  It also

includes any other sport that has a rabid fan base.

Garland, Boeser, Miller are more recent victims of the fans' bashing, but they have had to change

their opinions.  Lately, I've even seen a bit of EP slipping into this realm. 

It's what it is.

I can agree, it is indeed what it is, but exactly what is it?  From my experience, this endless riding of certain players is intellectually wasteful, it’s counter productive and perpetually negative despite any evidence to the contrary. And, as you have pointed out with your examples, unfair and premature.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AmyTheGma said:

I only ever bet when the Canucks make the playoffs and I always bet against them.  That way no matter what the result there will always be a silver lining.

Haha, yah I do that too sometimes. Great angle! I have bet on the Canucks a number of times this year though. Been very good to me.

Edited by Gawdzukes