PGT - Canucks Win- Leaves Fall 2024-01-20

Sharpshooter

13 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

Two periods were pretty. 

Just one wasn't

Which 2? By my count the 1st was the only pretty one.  The 3rd was just hanging on for dear life.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Don't lie man.. everyone was a Garland disparager at some point. We all had issues with him last season and early on this season.

So glad he worked his ass off and solidified our 2nd line. He's earned ever ounce of praise he's getting these days!

No. You will remember even from the last site... Garlund was my little mouse that I couldnt trap.... I have been a garlund supporter for 3 years. He is the next morrison, the a. burrows, the ronning that JT and Brock will make famous in the playoffs.

• Vintage 1

So this game was very much like a Playoff game.... lots of intensity and lots of physicality.

And having Big Z and a physical D paid dividends.

The Leafs forwards were NOT able to dominate our team physically... and hammer the D.  

Every time they tried to do that, they got dumped on their a$$.

This is why we needed  these additions...

Yes, the scoring is important, yes, having a dominant third line is important, but the fact we are now one of the hardest teams to play against in the D-Zone is a result of management upping the size of the team by a factor of about 2.

Yes, you want the skilled offensive D-Men, and they can be smaller guys, IF you also have a core of big D to back them up.

I thought Big Z and his hits, as well as Soucy, Cole and Myers hits were sending a message all night... don't try to overpower us, you'll get beat down.

Leafs 2nd, 3rd, 4th lines tried to out muscle us, but they failed.  (Marner line never plays really physical... neither him or Matthews likes that game)

And on the other end of the ice, our guys, athough we are not necessarily the biggest set of forwards overall, were more effective in the forecheck.

The only time we really got into trouble is when we started to turn over the puck to them and let their skilled guys skate in the D-Zone.... need to break that up with hits more.  And not hand the puck back to them... we have to take the puck down into their zone.

Overall I think this game was a real learning experience for the team... if they can play with this level in the playoffs, then maybe they can win some rounds.  😉

• Like 4

Damn, that was an exciting game! We're so lucky to have Demko! And we're lucky to have such hard working secondary goal scorers. 

I do get a little concerned that we get outshot badly so often, and that at some point goaltending will probably have a bad stretch. We've got to start getting more shots on net.

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Also note Kuzmenko did everything but score great game by him overall the points will come. Love Suter more and more each game. garland and Höglander were fantastic. 

Kuzzy looked better for sure.

That entire Suter line needs work though.  

PA likely will get another top 6

• Cheers 1