[Discussion] So, what do we need to add at TDL to have a deep playoff run?

imho, a top 9 (better be a second/third line center), a top 4 d man, a third goalie (just for insurance).

In 2011 push, we had too many injuries in final games.

Players I like to add:

image.thumb.png.f1370c6f4e3f6f7c91e809ddf6c4c7af.png

Alex Tuch = 1st + top prospect

image.thumb.png.292a667172359cef17731b67065516c6.png

Rasmus Andersson= 1st, Kuz, top prospect.

If we want to have a solid 2-5 years winning window, short term rental should be avoided.

Only have so many trade chips I wouldn’t want to use all the good ones on another winger. I do like Tuch a lot but I don’t think we can afford that luxury. Rasmus Anderson might even cost more than that but he’d be one of the best additions we could make. Chris Tanev a cheaper option that we already knows plays great with Hughes would be a fantastic add. If Buffalo or Minnesota get crazy which I doubt but Mittlestadt and Eriksson Ek would be good adds for a 2nd line center.

Also somebody made a 2nd C sneaky add is a little bit of an unknown guy on the Predators in Tommy Novak. Had 43 points in 51 games last year and is on pace for 42 over 71 games this season. They trade him because they’ll miss the playoffs and he’s a free agent probably to test the market and cash in on the best offer.

Svechnikov, Malkin, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Guentzel or a Centre I can’t think of. Our second line needs a boost. Realistically our second line is the Garland line right now.

Max trade away’s would be a mid grade prospect, 2nd/3rd round pick + roster player either Kuz or Mikheyev.

Acquiring a top tier second line player won’t do us any good because said player will have to play alongside two of Suter, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, or Hoglander……which for a second line, is sub-par linemates.  

As a result, the Canucks would have to illogically break up the Lotto Line. 

Our 2nd line sucks but it’s not really a problem since all of our other current lines produce consistent offense.

The Canucks’ real need is a #3/#2A defenseman that can form an elite pairing with Hronek on the top pairing just incase Hughes were to get injured.  Jakob Chychrun is the guy we should target.

We really should start thinking worst-case scenario and injuries. If Petey or Miller or even Boeser get injured, we have replacements. The others can supply offence. If Hronek gets injured, Cole or Zadorov or even Myers can step up and fill 1RD minutes. If Hughes goes down, we're finished. We don't have the best LDs in the world and now Soucy's even injured again. It's great that we've got Cole and Zadorov who can play either side but the quality of this team drops off big-time. I'd be all for getting a quality 2LD to take some of Hughes' minutes, mainly in a shutdown role, but who can step up if need-be. We're a bit stuck though because we've got so many 4-5th overall guys (Cole, Zadorov, Soucy, Myers) so one of them would have to be traded/sit out.

Cole/Soucy + 1st + Kuzmenko for Hanifin anyone?

Hughes - Hronek

Hanifin - Zadorov

Cole/Soucy - Myers

Wow

Don't give away our draft picks or most of our young prospects.  Team has done that in the past and struggled.  Teams are based on their farm systems and drafts.  Hogs is playing like a dog after a bone.  Love our forcheck the past several games.

1- Pettersson Miller Boeser

2- Hoglander Jenner Kuzmenko

3- Joshua Blueger Garland

4- Podkolzin Suter Lafferty

+ Aman

1D- Hughes Hronek

2D- Soucy Tanev

3D- Myers Zadorov

+ Nuulsen

trade:

Mikheyev and picks to CLB for Jenner

Cole and a late picks to CGY for Tanev

Players to target. 

C's

Ryan Hartman

Colton Scissons

Jake Evans

Oskar Sundqvist

Sean Kuraly

W's 

Cole Smith

Josh Anderson (if buy low) sending cap back Mik/Kuzz +

Jordan Greenway (If buy low ish)

Michael Pezzetta 

8 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

$4.5 x 3+left on his contract

32 years old

Stanley Cup champion and Conn Smythe winner

NHL captain and Selke winner

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - O'Reilly - Mikheyev

I'd shit myself tbh 

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

32 years old

not a bad choice, but Nashville isn't out of playoffs picture.

your roster means we trade Kuzy (a struggling player). our 1st (hope a very late one) is logically gone too, and we're faaaaar away from being attractive for Nashville with that package. what do you add ?   

i keep thinking CBJ would be a great trade partner.

there are two C targets i would love to add :

B Jenner 

K Johnson

too bad D Serverson is out of range cap wise.

2 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

not a bad choice, but Nashville isn't out of playoffs picture.

your roster means we trade Kuzy (a struggling player). our 1st (hope a very late one) is logically gone too, and we're faaaaar away from being attractive for Nashville with that package. what do you add ?   

Not sure what it would take.  Nashville has $16 million in cap space. Canucks could sure use some relief. 

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

32 years old

like it.

very good 2nd line center.

1st+ prospect?

image.thumb.png.af079f4b03e0103da8bb747f7307d0f1.png

• Cheers 1

I personally have felt that a guy like Ryan O'Reilly would be a perfect fit on our second line, too bad we missed the boat on him in free agency. Been killing it in Nashville. Probably need to find a player who plays like him to fill that gap.

10 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Acquiring a top tier second line player won’t do us any good because said player will have to play alongside two of Suter, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, or Hoglander……which for a second line, is sub-par linemates.  

As a result, the Canucks would have to illogically break up the Lotto Line. 

Our 2nd line sucks but it’s not really a problem since all of our other current lines produce consistent offense.

The Canucks’ real need is a #3/#2A defenseman that can form an elite pairing with Hronek on the top pairing just incase Hughes were to get injured.  Jakob Chychrun is the guy we should target.

Would rather pay the extra penny and get an RD. Doesn't make sense to give up a chunk of assets to get a LD.