[Discussion] Kuzmenko > Mikheyev

DexM94

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

We'll probably have to agree to disagree. I think there's too much focus on the classic 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th lines when really it should be about how many lines can we roll to make opponents pull their hair out.

I think we're doing just fine in that department and that he doesn't need to move down as a result. 😎

Well that lines needs to improve for sure.

Just now, BPA said:

I agree we need to roll 4 lines that are defensively responsible and can be a threat to score.  The 2nd line (Kuz + Mik) is the only line that’s not contributing as much.

And considering the other 3 lines are, best just to wait and see if things change in my opinion. That's the beauty of having a team playing the way it is. 🙂

18 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well that line hasn't been great.

Well, then sometimes you move him down.  That's what a middle-six forward is.  Having said that, what are you gonna do?  Disrupt the 'No Name' third line? The second line has not been great, but Mikeyev has been good enough to hold his spot.

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Well, then sometimes you move him down.  That's what a middle-six forward is.  Having said that, what are you gonna do?  Disrupt the 'No Name' third line? The second line has not been great, but Mikeyev has been good enough to hold his spot.

I'd swap him with Hogs

I dont think people understand just what it’s like coming back from a serious injury w/o a proper off season like Mikheyev has.  It probably has been tough yet you wont hear him complain about it.  I like his game a lot.  

As for Kuz, he’s feeling the pressure now but howabout come playoffs? Is he a player that ups their game when the intensity is as high as it gets? Im not so sure.  

I’ll keep banging the drum but a fast and relentless 2 way player like Brandon Tanev would really help EP/Mikheyev out.  Funny thing is that JT/Boeser need a guy like that too.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tofu_Bud said:

I dont think people understand just what it’s like coming back from a serious injury w/o a proper off season like Mikheyev has.  It probably has been tough yet you wont hear him complain about it.  I like his game a lot.  

As for Kuz, he’s feeling the pressure now but howabout come playoffs? Is he a player that ups their game when the intensity is as high as it gets? Im not so sure.  

I’ll keep banging the drum but a fast and relentless 2 way player like Brandon Tanev would really help EP/Mikheyev out.  Funny thing is that JT/Boeser need a guy like that too.

Sounds like Garland and Hogz.

Just now, BPA said:

Sounds like Garland and Hogz.

they are helping their lines click.  I think adding one more player like that would do wonders for the top 6 whether it’s high end (Guentzel) or lower end (B.Tanev)

On 1/25/2024 at 12:28 PM, Tofu_Bud said:

I think yes. Kuz might be lacking some details in his defensive coverage but he is the guy outside of our third line who seems to consistently play hard after the puck.

Lately I noticed it even more. In OT he hounded the St Louis player and stole the puck and against Toronto he drew two penalties because he kept moving his feet and wouldn’t give up on the play. 

Mikheyev lost a gear in his skating and that is what separated him from other players, he reminds me a lot of Grabner. I think he  should move down the lineup, would like to see these lines 

Miller/Suter Boeser

Hog EP Kuz

Mik Aman Laff

Its the upside of Kuzmenko that makes this team scary. Could you imagine he regains his scoring touch, with the big guns in the team going? Assuming we're playing at the same level in the spring and Kuzmenko gets hot, this team is going to go very far in the playoffs

On 1/25/2024 at 12:28 PM, Tofu_Bud said:

Yup, it takes the better part of a year to regain skating after knee surgery. People are too impatient, he'll return to form and should be a lot closer to 100% by the playoffs.

And agree on Kuz, love the guy, and he's certainly skilled (despite his troubles this season) but he's exactly the player type that gets shut down when things tighten up in the playoffs. If you can upgrade his "soft skill" play to a guy with more "hard skill"... You do it IMO.

• Cheers 1