[Signing] Oilers sign Corey Perry to a one-year contract ($775K + performance bonuses)

3 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

That's too bad, was hoping the Canucks would sign Perry. Canucks need more playoff experience up front. 

As it is, Hoglander, Kuzmenko, Aman and Suter have never played in the playoffs and several players only have a handful of games played in the playoffs. Blueger is the only forward with plenty of experience.  

I don't know how they'll do in the post season with so little experience. They need to add if they want to do anything past Round 1. 

Canucks will do just fine. The players you mentioned should get plenty of experience this year. Thats how it works.

That said, I'd expect Vancouver adds at least two playoff type pieces to the roster by the deadline.

2 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Dickinson would've been out of the league had he played like he did in Vancouver.  He's turned things around and got a nice contract for it.  People can become better or worse on other teams.  We also paid to get rid of OEL and Florida seems happy with him.

Oh you’re proving my point further, Perry numbers are inflated from the situations he was given he wouldn’t have those opportunities in Vancouver and won’t have them on a serious cup contending team 

I used to think we could use him, but seeing how well our bottom 6 has played, there really isn't anywhere for him.  Who exactly would we take out of the lineup?  Garland's line is untouchable.  Then the 4th line has Hoglander, Lafferty, and Aman... so maybe Aman?  I still think a 2C acquisition means Suter as 4C, and I'd take Suter, Lafferty, or Hoglander over Perry. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Hammertime said:

Did it ever come out what he did to get terminated?

It seems like the league just granted that way to easy. There should be a rule that if your contract is terminated for bad behavior you shouldn't be allowed to play in the NHL again that calendar year.  

I don't see how you can make a valid case to terminate a contract. If the league allows that player to play again without significant time off. 

Very likely would be the case, had he signed with Canucks...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

I understand the Oiler hate, but they have McDavid and are on a red hot tear lately. Perry is a playoff guy, it's only going to help them. I don't like it, but it is what it is. My hope is that Allvin can counter and add a big piece to the Canucks.

It would literally be a miracle if the Soilers could sustain that level of play and win the cup. 

Highly unlikely. 

Because they are overplaying their top lines/players, they're going to burn soon. 

• Vintage 1

The deal is pro rated and has performance bonuses. I hope that he rocks it. Hits all his bonuses and then edmonton is bounced in the first round. They already have 3.25 million in bonus money to pay next season for connor browns Greasy contract. Pile it on!

Edited by Coryberg

1 hour ago, MikeBossy said:

Ken Holland heard the Canucks are looking to add someone like Guentzel. Thinks he needs to respond. .... Only option available is Perry. Bargain bin shopping again is he hahaha

Generally speaking it's these kinds of moves that pay the  big dividends in a playoff race.  Teams that add big pieces At the deadline tend to screw up thier chemistry. Just look at  Boston last season.  

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Oilers have a good top 6 bad bottom 6.

canucks have a bad top 6 (bad 1/2 of the top 6) and good bottom 6.

Hes not the player we need. They needed help in the bottom 6. We need a bonafide top 6 player. No more tweeners.

Yep we need a player that can drive the second line cause right now it’s a black hole offensively.

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yep we need a player that can drive the second line cause right now it’s a black hole offensively.

I’ve mentioned Kuzmenko & Mikheyev lacking and some posters on this board have come at me with pitch forks lol. The truth is, Mikheyev has 2 points in the last 10 games (both assists) and Kuzmenko has 0 points in the last 10 games. There’s no other way about it, without beating around the bush the truth is those 2 are not producing. Even Sutr has 4 points in the last 10 games, although mind you 3 of those points came in 1 game - 10 games ago. 

Then people say oh we don’t have a good enough 2C. Well when Petey was centering that line they did good about the first 15 games and then the offence died down. I’m thinking the problem isn’t Petey, it’s the 2 wingers. One of those 2 guys has to get moved for someone that can produce like a 2LW or 2RW. It sucks to say but Mikheyev is a great third liner on a cup contender. Unfortunately we have him signed to 2nd line money. 

6 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I’ve mentioned Kuzmenko & Mikheyev lacking and some posters on this board have come at me with pitch forks lol. The truth is, Mikheyev has 2 points in the last 10 games (both assists) and Kuzmenko has 0 points in the last 10 games. There’s no other way about it, without beating around the bush the truth is those 2 are not producing. Even Sutr has 4 points in the last 10 games, although mind you 3 of those points came in 1 game - 10 games ago. 

Then people say oh we don’t have a good enough 2C. Well when Petey was centering that line they did good about the first 15 games and then the offence died down. I’m thinking the problem isn’t Petey, it’s the 2 wingers. One of those 2 guys has to get moved for someone that can produce like a 2LW or 2RW. It sucks to say but Mikheyev is a great third liner on a cup contender. Unfortunately we have him signed to 2nd line money. 

Clearly we are a Cup contender and Mik has been playing second line. 
Go fish. 44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Clearly we are a Cup contender and Mik has been playing second line. 
Go fish. 44E8ECEF-CAA6-4195-B064-AB551942F63F.png.0a420b7cdba7f5384c8e268903fc061c.png

Oh yeah 22 points in 46 games screams 2nd line 😂. Garland and Joshua with 24 & 23 points each on the third line. Put down the bottle Alf you’re drunk.

• Cheers 1