The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

“I can only say thank you for saving my life,” — a captured russian conscript who blew himself up with a grenade confirmed that in russia they are essentially being programmed to commit suicide, with lies about long and painful torture in captivity. A conscript from St. Petersburg named Fyodor told a UNIAN correspondent how he blew himself up together with his comrade when the Ukrainian Armed Forces approached his position in the Kursk region:

“I just took out a grenade. He said: go ahead! We hugged and threw it on the ground, said our last warm words to each other. My comrade also had a leg wound. At that moment, I had already realized three times that I was closer to death. We were afraid to surrender, we didn’t know what would happen here. We were afraid that there would be long and painful torture. But given how things are in reality now, I can only say thank you for saving my life and curing me,” — he says. 

According to Fedor, the first aid was provided to him by Ukrainian soldiers. They shared water and cigarettes with the prisoners of war and brought medicine to the wounded from other dugouts.

perhaps there is hope .

• Like 1

So about a month ago ,  

UKR MOD released at statement saying they were very close to mass producing a long range missile of their own..

they have re- invented / modified their own Neptune to travel 300 kms 

That in itself may stand to make this “long range use of western weapons “ usage ,

a redundant issue..

I trust the ingenuity of the UKraine..

they have already proved themselves to be very keen , savy, and highly educated in arms development.

I think the next time we hear Zelensky say,

” we have something very special for RuZ”..

it may be the Neptune .

logo.svg

UKRAINIAN WORLD CONGRESS

icon

UKRAINE CREATES A LONG-RANGE NEPTUNE MISSILE AND INCREASES WEAPONS PRODUCTION

#UKRAINENEWS
DECEMBER 5,2023
Ukraine creates a long-range Neptune missile and increases weapons production
iconiconiconiconicon

Ukraine is developing a new modification of the Ukrainian anti-ship cruise missile Neptune, Lieutenant General Ivan Havryliuk, Ukraine’s Deputy Defense Minister, told in an interview with ArmyInform.

“Currently, work is underway to create the so-called ‘Long Neptune. This is a new modification of the missile for the Neptune complex,” Havryliuk said.

The Lieutenant General did not provide any further details but also said that active work is underway with the Ministry of Strategic Industries to strengthen Ukraine’s air defense system.

It’s obvious what’s happening – and it’s obvious because it’s happened before, when other countries enhanced their cruise missiles by making them longer. In extending the 17-foot Neptune and filling the extra space with additional fuel for the missile’s turbofan engine, Ukraine could add a lot to its approximately 200-mile range,” says Forbes’s military observer David Axe.

Currently, the missile has a range of up to 280 kilometers. Modifying the projectile’s size will increase the weapon’s radius to more than 320 kilometers, the journalist suggests; the Neptune will be able to hit targets not only throughout the occupied Crimea but also in the adjacent territories of Russia.

Neptune anti-ship missiles hit the flagship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, the Moskva, in the Black Sea on the evening of April 13, 2022. After the attack, the cruiser caught fire and eventually sank. 

At the same time, Ukraine is also working on producing other weapons. In particular, Kyiv is currently building six Bohdana self-propelled artillery systems per month and plans to increase production, according to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

polish_20230629_152939432-1024x795.jpg

“For the first time, we have reached the number of six Bohdana howitzers per month. And we already see how to increase it further,” Zelenskyy said.

The Ukrainian self-propelled artillery system 2S22 Bohdana is a joint development of the Kramatorsk Heavy Duty Machine Tool Building Plant and Ukrainian Armor company. The howitzer is the first Ukrainian self-propelled artillery system designed for the NATO-standard 155 mm caliber. Last year, Bohdana received its baptism of fire in the battle for the then Russian-occupied Zmiinyi (Snake) Island.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Where can I see a trustworthy map of current occupations?

Id like to know what Russia still hold in Ukraine and vice versa.  
Is the plan to control enough land in Russia to use for a negation to get all rightful land back to Ukraine?

From Institute for the Study of War:

Interactive: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/36a7f6a6f5a9448496de641cf64bd375

Timelapse: https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/733fe90805894bfc8562d90b106aa895

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Where can I see a trustworthy map of current occupations?

Id like to know what Russia still hold in Ukraine and vice versa.  
Is the plan to control enough land in Russia to use for a negation to get all rightful land back to Ukraine?

Interactive Map: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine

https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/36a7f6a6f5a9448496de641cf64bd375

The end game of the Russian incursion is known only to the Ukrainians.   Some think that apart from hoping it will end Putin it may be for the land swap you mention. 

EDIT:  Beat me fair & square Chickenspear.   I still get silver though.

Edited by Satchmo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1