The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

No idea if this is true or not since I only took interest again in this war when Ukraine started attacking Russia.  For all I know, you all have already discussed and hashed this out on it's truth or lack thereof.

is there a link to the original story it references? If not its probably false

Edited by Yoshiyoshi

3 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

No idea if this is true or not since I only took interest again in this war when Ukraine started attacking Russia.  For all I know, you all have already discussed and hashed this out on it's truth or lack thereof.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/15/ukrainian-team-blew-up-nord-stream-pipeline-claims-report

More detail on this above.  I definitely think we can't discount this being a Russian false flag with the Putin regime having a long history of conducting this kind of operation.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Sabrefan1 said:

It's from the Wall Street Journal.  Sorry.  I forgot to mention that.

I'll look in my history to find the link.

I found it but it was behind a paywall for me, hence the alternate source.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/aug/15/ukrainian-team-blew-up-nord-stream-pipeline-claims-report

More detail on this above.  I definitely think we can't discount this being a Russian false flag with the Putin regime having a long history of conducting this kind of operation.

I haven't read the Guardian yet (thanks for the link), but in the WSJ story, the Germans are also blaming Ukraine.

1 minute ago, Sabrefan1 said:

I haven't read the Guardian yet (thanks for the link), but in the WSJ story, the Germans are also blaming Ukraine.

To be more precise: they are accusing three (iirc) Ukrainians, not Ukraine.

5 minutes ago, cusm said:

To be more precise: they are accusing three (iirc) Ukrainians, not Ukraine.

Good point.  They also issued a veiled threat  to Ukraine though so I think that they are of the mind that it was the Ukrainian gov't.

interesting that LMartin is going to uptick production of this weapon as discussions about approving its use for UKRForces has been relevant.

The next bump of Various stock from the US to UKR should be announced over the next few days.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

So where did the Wall Street get its info from or is this just speculation on their part?

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Just an excerpt from the guardian article:

Roderich Kiesewetter, a member of the opposition CDU who serves on the foreign affairs committee of the German parliament, urged caution about the allegations raised in the WSJ report. He told German radio there were “intensive interests” in “letting all the clues lead back to Ukraine”, warning that this could be “part of the disinformation”.

He said there continued to be an “extensive amount of murkiness” surrounding the case, and that it could not be ruled out that this was a “false flag” operation – an attempt to push the blame on to Ukraine. He added that the pipelines had only been destroyed “once it was … clear that gas would never flow through them again”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

So where did the Wall Street get its info from or is this just speculation on their part?

I don't want to colour your opinion with mine.  I'm looking for what other people, who are paying more attention to this all than I am, think.  I posted the link above to get around the paywall.

Read it and let me know what comes to mind for you.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chickenspear said:

Just an excerpt from the guardian article:

Roderich Kiesewetter, a member of the opposition CDU who serves on the foreign affairs committee of the German parliament, urged caution about the allegations raised in the WSJ report. He told German radio there were “intensive interests” in “letting all the clues lead back to Ukraine”, warning that this could be “part of the disinformation”.

He said there continued to be an “extensive amount of murkiness” surrounding the case, and that it could not be ruled out that this was a “false flag” operation – an attempt to push the blame on to Ukraine. He added that the pipelines had only been destroyed “once it was … clear that gas would never flow through them again”.

I saw that when I did a quick read after I was given the link.  It has validity.  I know squat about Germany's intelligence agencies beyond WW2.

• Cheers 1

Just in the few things posted since my original post about this, it seems that it's still to be determined who was responsible for the sabotage and Germany as well as the Wall Street Journal may or may not have jumped the gun in blaming Ukraine and Zelenskyy for it.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Just in the few things posted since my original post about this, it seems that it's still to be determined who was responsible for the sabotage and Germany as well as the Wall Street Journal may or may not have jumped the gun in blaming Ukraine and Zelenskyy for it.

We / they, may never know for sure who blew it up.

The positive from it was that it forced many European countries hands into looking for other sources of energy instead of relying on Russia. IMO, Germany was wrong to move away from nuclear power. Had they stayed the course the loss of the pipeline would not have been such a big blow to their energy supply stream.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

The gun was jumped. Just sayin 

• Cheers 1

I cant wrap my head around the logic that tries to justify why Ukraine would do it. It just doesnt make sense. You have to jump through so many hoops and twist things around like a conspiracy theory in order to make it connect. If the roles were reversed though it would totally make sense since Russia seems to enjoy that sort of thing

Edited by Yoshiyoshi
  • Cheers 2

Ukraine, a nation with no navy or access to the Baltic or north sea somehow managed to get out there undetected with russian ships and navy literally being pinged in the area by NATO forces without being attacked and managed to pinpoint an 18 to 24 inch with incredible accuracy with an explosive for some unknown reason.

Seems legit sure.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ukraine, a nation with no navy or access to the Baltic or north sea somehow managed to get out there undetected with russian ships and navy literally being pinged in the area by NATO forces without being attacked and managed to pinpoint an 18 to 24 inch with incredible accuracy with an explosive for some unknown reason.

Seems legit sure.

that isnt even the confusing part, the explanation of why Ukraine would do it is what doesnt make sense to me, its like a story that has a planned result that then tries to justify why that shit happened. Ive watched a few shows like that and it really is painful to watch when they are being so serious for such stupid reasons

• Cheers 2