The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

The motivation of RuZ officers to arrest and send its citizens to the front lines is so they aren’t deployed themselves…

If anytime a resistance was to be formed inside RuZ …. 
now would be a good time .

It’s “Police” is all that separates  Putin from death.

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The overhead of the Rostov oil facility before the fire 

Destruction of this infrastructure and the ongoing loss of fuel has serious military consequences but also consider how difficult it will be to harvest food crops. Many Russians will go hungry this winter. How many Russians heat with wood, lots. How will that be affected? 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Correct me if I am wrong.

But isnt the tech in that truck essentially all outlawed or inadmissible to that area of the world due to sanctions?

If this is the case, shouldn't tesla/musk be in the hot seat about it?

Yep. But he's a billionaire, so rules are more like 'suggestions'.

Musk has nothing to do with the cybertrucks, smuggling is real, and even from Canada stolen cars and trucks are shipped illegally around the globe mostly to areas where modern western tech is unavailable... 

but also, came here to post this: Pontoon bridge Russia built in Southwestern Kursk Oblast four or five days ago to replace those blown up bridges...its life expectancy is less than the next six hours. If it hasn't already been kaboomed.  Ukraine knows its at 51.35109, 34.67668. 

image.thumb.jpeg.edc5a83644bb274c346bcbb1d03486f6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

he should go to a tribunal in the Hauge 

Should be held in a Ukrainian prison and not released until he turns over the Indian government to someone capable of acting in a civilized manner.

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Should be held in a Ukrainian prison and not released until he turns over the Indian government to someone capable of acting in a civilized manner.

And how will war with India help Ukraine?

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

Musk has nothing to do with the cybertrucks, smuggling is real, and even from Canada stolen cars and trucks are shipped illegally around the globe mostly to areas where modern western tech is unavailable... 

but also, came here to post this: Pontoon bridge Russia built in Southwestern Kursk Oblast four or five days ago to replace those blown up bridges...its life expectancy is less than the next six hours. If it hasn't already been kaboomed.  Ukraine knows its at 51.35109, 34.67668. 

image.thumb.jpeg.edc5a83644bb274c346bcbb1d03486f6.jpeg

UKR Forces aprx 12 km away from that pontoon bridge..

I wouldn’t be surprised if they could cross it  in another 12 hrs..

if that’s their objective?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago - 

Zelenskyi: Our active preventive defense is the most effective countermeasure against Russian terror and ensuring a real complication of the situation for the aggressor state. And secondly, we now have an extremely important ideological change, namely: the whole naive, illusory concept of the so-called red lines in relation to Russia, which dominated the assessments of the war by some partners, crumbled these days somewhere under Sudzha

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Dang, another one much more fresh: north and slightly west of Glushkovo: Satalite images from the 17th confirm.

an hour ago
Yet another pontoon bridge across the Seym river build built by Russians east of Zavannoe (51.376050, 34.612800).

image.jpeg.662113bb8634d4573fc0d376d4f193b8.jpeg

I remember when my brother was with the Field ENgineers before his navy days which was before his Ontario Police days they were building Bailey Bridges pretty much one a day with a small detachment. I wonder if Russia only has one engineering team building these and so it takes a day or two each bridge...if a third one pops up today west of this one here, which is west of the first one and two days after it appeared... then I would guess one team working hard and moving away from the Ukraine advances.