The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

29 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Is it some kind of ban for saying nothing ban worthy? 

Me thinking the Canadian military is hardly a powerful military is hardly ban worthy. 

You said we couldn’t blow anything up, which is clearly false and is obvious trolling, which is a ban worthy offense 

1 minute ago, 5forFighting said:

Such a ridiculous thing to say. Every war ends in communication and negotiation. More people dying is not the answer, from either side. 

In order to negotiate there has to be a middle ground that can be reached. There isnt here. The fact that anyone things there is still is pretty foolish. Any negotiation to end the current conflict will just result in another one in a few years when Russia attacks their next target. Russia will only be happy when its neighbours are under its control to be enslaved and robbed. But Russia is not as strong as you seem to think from your posts. They have been stealing from their own people so much that they are no longer able to maintain their infrastructure and equipment, their soldiers are mostly untrained and illequipped. Their weapons that they are making are at about the level of WW2 and they are importing ammo from North Korea because they cant make enough of their own. Iran is shipping them drones because they cant make enough of their own. Russia is going to cripple itself with this war and so long as the Ukrainian people are willing to fight it, we should be giving them the tools to do so because that way we wont have to end up fighting Russia when they attack a NATO member.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Okay, and I would be right, but no one is even trying to get them to the table. 

If your neighbor invades your basement and starts raping your wife, are you going to negotiate with him or call someone to help get him out of your house?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

If your neighbor invades your basement and starts raping your wife, are you going to negotiate with him or call someone to help get him out of your house?

I guess I would ask all my friends and neighbour's for money and guns.

If the people I call let them rape her for years, are they really there to help?

Edited by 5forFighting

You are going with the word anything as literal. Interesting. 

So you would have supported a peace with Nazi Germany in 1941? Just let them murder all the non aryan people in their borders so long as the war was over? Just leave France, Norway, Belgium, Netherlands among other nations under German control? Its ok to enslave people as long as people arent dying where you can see it then?

Making peace sounds nice and is a good sound bite. Its very useful for people wanting to claim a moral high ground but it doesn't actually save as many people as you think. Better an unjust peace than a just war? That is one of the most disgusting things i have ever heard, cant remember who the quote is from but I'll never support anyone who things that way. Better to fight a war and try to protect people then leave them to be sacrificed to those who treat them as slaves.

I'm not going to bother trying to convince you of anything from here, your opinion is too warped to correct through discussion.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Rook said:

As they rightly should my friend.. they deserve the fate of the barbarians they are!

I don't think there is a call to insult barbarians so much! A shitty barbarian might be called Ruzz but not all ruzz are barbarians.

16 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Based on what this poster has said.  That guy has a right to move into his basement and do what he pleases.  He shouldn’t stop them and should negotiate fml can’t make this nonsense up!

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I don't think there is a call to insult barbarians so much! A shitty barbarian might be called Ruzz but not all ruzz are barbarians.

I’m with Heffy!! The only good Russian is one that stands up for what’s right.  The rest are complacent in murder/genocide/terrorism. 

you being a good point about Barbarians though 😝

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

I guess I would ask all my friends and neighbour's for money and guns.

If the people I call let them rape her for years, are they really there to help?

Winner of the worst analogy of the day 🤦‍♂️ can we get back to updates and be don’t with your BS trolling yet?

4 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

The people in Crimea are mostly Russians and they support Russia, are they 'orcs'?

Look...get your facts right! Although Crimea probably had the lowest vote in favor of independence, it was over 50% in favor of independence. What Russia did since 2014 has been to move more Russians in, at the expense of the Ukrainian population. Those Russian would not be there except for the invasion. Your opinions, are shallow at best. Please also take note that any other vote in Crimea after 2014 would be held by the occupier, and not  hold up to a proper debate, nor are they legal........

Refer to:

A referendum on the Act of Declaration of Independence was held in Ukraine on 1 December 1991.[1] An overwhelming majority of 92.3% of voters approved the declaration of independence made by the Verkhovna Rada on 24 August 1991.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Ukrainian_independence_referendum

In fact, when you do read it, you should note the obvious, and be able to easily observe that no other oblast was even close to that! Go figure that, even where Putin argues that Russians are being mis-treated, that the vote was not even close.......

The funniest thing is, that this vote was done with Putin's cronies in place in many of those oblasts, and even they could not hold back the vote.....Not even the Russians in those oblast wanted to be under Putin's rule. Those are the undisputed facts.........

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

What? Russians can't live in other countries?

I have met Russians in Bali & Thailand.  Who fled to avoid the fight.

* Amongst which some disagreed with the policies of Putin & aggression on principal. Young educated engineers, teachers etc.

* One, from Rostov, made it clear he agreed with the takeover of Crimea for strategic reasons. Avoided discussion of the balance & just did not want to fight himself. Wanted his wife and kids to be further from any war zone. The air of inbred belief hard to bleed out of some but still wanting a safety blanket. I suppose thats human, better than Ruzzing to Ukraine to kill people.

Of course you just don't get to see this demographic from the poor coming from places like Turkmenistan, Tobruk? Who just get conscripted & die.

As for the rest, depends who wants them. Canada is pretty open if people want to a productive part of our society, skills to offer.   

Palestine could use a few good men otherwise.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

as much as we like to bash Russians, we do need to remember that there are good Russians still, they are just buried beneath the masses of others and you cant hear most of their voices. The loud ones are already in jail, exile or dead though. This war isnt just about saving Ukraine, it is also about weakening Russia enough that those hidden voices can actually do something other than die in a futile manner. Authoritarian nations are not our friends, nor can they ever be. At best they can be cordial enemies.

3 hours ago, 5forFighting said:

It was the agreements made in 1994 and 2008 and NATO closing in on letting Ukraine in. There's a little more nuance, but that's what it is. 

Big Z won't let his people have an election. Very Russian-esque

You don't have a damn clue what you're talking about.

The war in an expansionist war of conquest. Putin has written ad nauseam about Ukraine "being rightfully part of Russia" and having "no distinct identity or statehood". It was done now because Ukraine and Russia were on different trajectories: Ukraine becoming more Western and modern, and Russia's influence and power declining. Russia's clock was winding down, they attacked while Europe was still dependent on Russian gas imports and while the massive quantities of ex-soviet hardware was still serviceable. 

As for the elections: The Ukrainian constitution prohibits the election at time of extreme national emergency and total war. Section 83 paragraph 4. It would be illegal to hold an election now, not to mention all those in the occupied territories who would have no way of voting.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, 5forFighting said:

So Russia, China, Iran and NoKo retaliate against NATO and you somehow believe that is better than negotiating? 

Can you ask your family to attack those who want to 'forum snipe' me?

Negotiation is a compromise, which means Russia wins territory, albeit not as much as they hold now.....this means real Ukrainians are in peril, in those area's. Russia, and Russian's can not be trusted to keep their word.......they are in every way liars, and do not recognize agreements, that they themselves sign. How could Ukraine give up their own citizens? Let alone territory?

Edited by JIAHN
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

So Russia, China, Iran and NoKo retaliate against NATO and you somehow believe that is better than negotiating? 

Can you ask your family to attack those who want to 'forum snipe' me?

It is not in China's best interest to fight the West, in fact it goes against what they are actually trying to do.

41 minutes ago, 5forFighting said:

Such a ridiculous thing to say. Every war ends in communication and negotiation. More people dying is not the answer, from either side. 

I don't know where you get your facts from but both Germany and Japan surrendered......there was no negotiation in the way you intend it to be used.

Germany was divided, Japan was bombed and not to have a military......how is that a negotiation, other than to sit down at a table and say I surrender and will capitulate?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1