The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Is there any confirmation on either of these incidents?

as of six hours ago, Ukraine had 114 combat engagements with Russian forces over the previous 24 hours, including Robotnya, Verbova, and at the east bank of the Dnipro River, as well as along the usual hot spots in teh Eastern Front. That doesn't seem to include bombardments or drone activity and on that side of things all I can see in the last 24 hours on a very good source is:

Blackouts in Simferopol, Seastopal, Feodosiya, Dzankoi and Saky all in the Crimean Peninsula. 

Additionally and specifically in the Sevastopal harbour a floating crane has been deployed by Russian forces: perhaps to recover something? maybe those sunk ships? 
i don't see any sinkings in teh last 24 hours though. Hopefully something comes of this news and we get corroboration. 

edit: my second source also does not mention any ships sunk in the last couple days.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Is there any confirmation on either of these incidents?

the ISW might have confirmed it here,.

I think the target was more the port itself,

and the vessel is carnage from that strike.

its a strike from late December apparently,

but no confirmation or intelligence had been disclosed at that time.

perhaps another in that same strike ..

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Sooey Steamer said:

I just wanted to say that I appreciate all the information, maps, quotes, insights, graphs and graphics that are presented in the Twitter reposts.  I generally check in 2 or 3 times a day for more "news" about the Ukrainian situation...

Just an FYI Sooey,  I do tend to read through the comments of Twitter (X) posts,

I try to “Vet” the info to see if other Posters on X can add or confirm what I do post.

… and of course appreciate any correction all the gals and girls can offer if needed.

UKR seems now to be rolling well trained fresh troops in and out of “tours” that have been very well planned ,  and very successful.

The information comes in quickly,  and usually confirmed within 24 hrs of it happening.

Its been a busy week,  in a very successful way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1980. ?  Museum pieces again..

Presumably, for the first time, the Russian Federation used the P-35 missile of the coastal missile complex "Redut" to strike Ukraine

Its range is 300/460 km, speed - 2000 km/h, and the weight of the warhead ~ 1000 kg. The complex itself was adopted in 1962 and was produced until 1983

It is reported that the P-35 was intercepted by the means of air defence of Ukraine

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

and the freedoms we enjoy,  our forefathers died for us too .

Cheers Silent Sam.   (Mark)

Forgive me for this however I hate this BS.

50,000 young Australian men, out of a population of 4 million, the best young men we had, were convinced to fight and die for King and Country in a pointless, bloody war, in horrific conditions, for a few miles of land, half a world away,  that Europeans had been fighting over for centuries.

When the survivors came back they told us not to celebrate them, they told us there was no honour or glory, just misery, pain and death.

Then in the 60's they drafted/ forced teenagers to fight in an unjust war in Vietnam.

Then in 2003 our PM volunteered our young men to be involved in the illegal invasion of Iraq, for weapons of mass destruction that never existed. 

Then there is Afghanistan, where our " special services " committed war crimes/ crimes against humanity.

The only war where young Australians were fighting for ours and others freedom was WW2.

That's how they, men who don't actually fight the wars, get young men to fight in the pointless wars our species indulges in.

Tell them they are fighting for freedom. 

Edit 

Survivors 

Edited by Ilunga

This is part of the reason why RuZ was testing over Poland and Crimea..

they succeeded..

personally I think this is going to start the slow methodical build up of NATO troops in bordering countries..

It shuts down defence technology, 

IT IS A MAJOR THREAT TO NATO DEFENCES, AND MUST BE CONSIDERED AN OFFENSIVE WEAPON THEY HAVE ALREADY DEPLOYED.