The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

9 hours ago, 6YPE said:

Where are the peace talks?? Foreign countries pouring billions of dollars into Ukraine with no accountability where the money is going, giving away weapons and amo putting themselves in vulnerable positions. From what I understand Canada will be training Ukrainian soldiers, Russia has China backing them, its almost like we're at war with Russia ourselves. How long until it is a full blown world war? I dont care what "side" anyone is on, peace should be the only option but it seems war makes more money and creates better headlines. 

Talk to your president, mr. bure - he can finish the war in 5 min by taking his army out of Ukraine.

It’s incredible how russian trolls hide themselves under “peaceful” narrative…

• Like 2

Internet got so much faster in reporting the war in all languages - I remember how in early days I would get information from my friends in Ukraine well in advance of it being published in English-language media. These days everything is coming out practically at the same time. And this is good!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, 6YPE said:

Where are the peace talks?? Foreign countries pouring billions of dollars into Ukraine with no accountability where the money is going, giving away weapons and amo putting themselves in vulnerable positions. From what I understand Canada will be training Ukrainian soldiers, Russia has China backing them, its almost like we're at war with Russia ourselves. How long until it is a full blown world war? I dont care what "side" anyone is on, peace should be the only option but it seems war makes more money and creates better headlines. 

We can have peace… once those POS Orcs turn around and go home!!  And not a second sooner!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

Any opinion other than Ukraine good, Russia bad and you’re a Russian bot who should be silenced by the moderators. 

Screw Russia. And also screw Zelenskyy. 

OK then, bot. Please explain why Zelenskyy is bad, while maintaining that Russia has every right to be invading Ukraine. I'm sure it will be scintillating....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I hope you understand that your last sentence comes straight out or russian propaganda books…

What?? That is quite some accusation. It is a fact that the Ukrainian army could not have sustained the invasion let alone started a counter attack without the weapons fromwestern countries as well as all the intel, training, reconnaissance etc. In the end it is Ukrainian soldiers fighting on the ground of course, but they wouldn’t fight anymore without western support. 

Edited by Mr Wrong

3 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

What?? That is quite some accusation. It is a fact that the Ukrainian army could not have sustained the invasion let alone started a counter attack without the weapons fromwestern countries as well as all the intel, training, reconnaissance etc. In the end it is Ukrainian soldiers fighting on the ground of course, but they wouldn’t fight anymore without western support. 

You don't think there'd be a serious resistance in the event of Russian occupation?  

• ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

Of course the Ukrainian people would keep fighting. The difference is there would far more dying, being abused, and forced to move off their lands. 

If Mexico invaded Texas should the USA negotiate a leave settlement? Should they give up part of Texas? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

Of course but you would need weapons and ammunition to fight. And even though the Ukrainian army was and still is the biggest army by any European country they were decimated quickly after the invasion began. At least that is my knowledge.

while technically decimated means something like reduced by 1/10th which is probably technically accurate, the way you are using it here sounds like you mean you think that Russia would have dominated the Ukrainian forces and conquered the country pretty easily without support. However Russia has been losing far more than Ukraine since the start of the war before that aid was given (I am not counting any pre war arms deals that may have existed because thats a rabbit hole that will lead nowhere useful) and pushed Russia back from their northern invasion before much aid made it their way.

I know that a recent poll said about 42% of Germans shared the sentiments you are posting here so I'm going to choose to believe that you arent intentionally supporting Russia but some of the arguments you have said are right out of the Russian propaganda playbook to influence conversations towards pushing for peace that lets Russia "win"

Edited by Yoshiyoshi
  • Cheers 1

What would have happened at the beginning of the invasion if Trump had been president? Or what will happening if he wins the next election? I live on the same continent, less then 1800km away from Kiew and I am terrified by the idea that the west and the US in particular will stop supporting Ukraine with arms. 

14 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

know that a recent poll said about 42% of Germans shared the sentiments you are posting here so I'm going to choose to believe that you arent intentionally supporting Russia but some of the arguments you have said are right out of the Russian propaganda playbook to influence conversations towards pushing for peace that lets Russia "win"

What did I say?? 

5 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

What did I say?? 

i dont want to go back too far but this line here is expressing one of their key points that they use to frame the conflict as a proxy war by the US/NATO

by the way the continuation of the war is likely going to be decided in Washington anyways. Once the US stops to support them with weapons it is over. it is a saddening situation 

Its one of the wedges they use to start changing the narrative of a conversation towards pro Russian opinions. Also its not just what is said, its how it is said. The combination of being pro peace, wanting the war to end as soon as possible, saying the US is responsible for keeping the war going is a method for blaming the US for the war rather than Russia.

Edited by Yoshiyoshi
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

What would have happened at the beginning of the invasion if Trump had been president? Or what will happening if he wins the next election? I live on the same continent, less then 1800km away from Kiew and I am terrified by the idea that the west and the US in particular will stop supporting Ukraine with arms. 

Trump would have invaded from the other half similar to the partition of Poland.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

I’m very confident Biden will win a second term. But if by some strange result he loses I believe it will be Mike Pence who wins. These are two very strong supporters of Ukraine. The funding and support will continue. Russia will be pushed out. Ukraine will get all their lands back and then join NATO. 

• Like 1
  • Tank 1

2 minutes ago, Yoshiyoshi said:

i dont want to go back too far but this line here is expressing one of their key points that they use to frame the conflict as a proxy war by the US/NATO

Maybe the word „decided“ is not well chosen. Of course the Ukrainian people decide to keep fighting. The point was rather that without US delivery of weapons and intel the Ukrainian army would probably not haven been able to start a counter attack. Who knows, anyway. 
However, I am sure not falling for Russian propaganda!

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m very confident Biden will win a second term. But if by some strange result he loses I believe it will be Mike Pence who wins. These are two very strong supporters of Ukraine. The funding and support will continue. Russia will be pushed out. Ukraine will get all their lands back and then join NATO. 

I hope all you say will manifest itself 🙂

• Cheers 2