The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

CIA ..  looking for allies ..

I think this will take off and be quite prolific.

Think you'll see recruitment numbers rise if Biden wins.

With Trump they know they'll get outed.

• Cheers 1

Starting to see the plan ?!

RuZ / Putin IS  hoping to take all of UKraine and then extend inclusion with those countries that politically alignment to his regime ..

off the top of my head ,  Germany ( Scholtz)

Hungary (Orban) ..   and many more ..

This IS WW3 ..  Putin is using Passive / Aggression against Europe .

must be stopped.

If Ukraine had unlimited opportunities, the war would have turned out completely differently, the head of the Ukrainian navy has signalled.

"We must have the capabilities to make sure that Russia will give up forever the thought of even looking in Ukraine's direction, including at sea," Oleksii Neizhpapa said in an interview with Sky News.

• "More than two dozen Russian vessels destroyed"
The successes in 2022 and 2023 were the result of complex but innovative solutions never seen before.

Ukraine is believed to have destroyed more than two dozen Russian vessels, forcing Moscow to withdraw a number of warships from Crimea to the Russian port of Novorossiysk.

• "Previous methods of attack may no longer work"
The admiral said the naval war has two goals - to prevent the Russian navy from attacking Ukraine and to allow ships to enter Ukrainian ports. But with the full-scale invasion now in its third year, previous methods of attack may no longer work.

"The enemy is adapting, and we must also adapt. A modern war is a war of technologies. Whoever wins in the technological sense will have victory," he said.

• "Putin behaves like a small-scale gangster"
Neizhpapa is confident that the sooner the armed forces have the necessary combat capabilities and certain capabilities to destroy the enemy's infrastructure, the sooner we will win.

"If Ukraine had certain types of long-range weapons which can be used deeper at the enemy territory, of course, the enemy would have behaved differently, including on the battlefield.

Putin behaves like a small-scale gangster who knows that if he is matched blow for blow, he will not start a fight... If he understands that Ukraine can fight back and make him really feel pain, of course, he will give all this up. This is all," the commander said.

•”Navy needs warships"
British Defense Secretary Grant Shapps said that two Royal Navy minehunter ships will be transferred to the Ukrainian Navy.

Vice Admiral Neizhpapa said: "Of course, the Navy needs warships, because we understand that there is no navy without ships. This is why, if such a decision is taken, concerning the possibility of handing over two frigates to the [Ukrainian] Navy, we will be very happy."

Full article: news.sky.com/story/ukraine-…

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I saw some of that from a different source: it is like the russian officers in the area are drunk or high most of the time, not just the conscripts they beat mercilessly if they find them out of their wits on the front. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Why didn't they know this already? Or did they and just look the other way? Israel has UN sponsored terror inflicted on them. IMHO I think it is time for Ukraine 

to expose some of those who say one thing and do another. Germany is a good example. Every time an Ukrainian is killed allies in the west carry some responsibility. If western allies were serious about a Ukrainian victory and the saving of Ukrainian lives they would be giving the money and weapons required to make that happen. So Greece can some how afford 40 F35 fighter jets. But no Ukraine cannot have them. If I was running Ukraine I would be buying a nuke from Pakistan as quickly as possible. Ukraine cannot trust their allies. They are being played because they have no options.  

the F35 is a state of the art next gen aircraft: even a Nato partner in Turkey cant have them. I wouldn't want ukraine to have them until the war is over AND they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that corruption within the nation is cleaned up and even then maybe a generation later. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

the F35 is a state of the art next gen aircraft: even a Nato partner in Turkey cant have them. I wouldn't want ukraine to have them until the war is over AND they prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that corruption within the nation is cleaned up and even then maybe a generation later. 

I am sorry but I read somewhere that the USA was selling F35's to both Greece and Turkey. I will look for the source. 

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am sorry but I read somewhere that the USA was selling F35's to both Greece and Turkey. I will look for the source. 

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure Turkey is getting F16's an older generation. The F35's most intriguing aspect is the modern digitalization and interoperability. In theory a Canadian F35 could target something, be verified by a Greek f35 and an US F35 could fire the munition needed for the job, all with digital precision. The tech is proprietary and cutting edge and we wouldn't want sus nations to get their hands on it. As much as I am fully supporting Ukraine in its fight against Russian Aggression, I am not sold on their ability to maintain and secure that technology, yet. Same for Turkey, a full Nato partner: just not a good idea to give that level of tech to a sus actor like Erdogan. 

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Turkey was a member of the F35 development program, but was kicked out when they ordered the S400 air defense system from Russia, they have been denied all sales of the F35. Greece has ordered F35s, yes.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure Turkey is getting F16's an older generation. The F35's most intriguing aspect is the modern digitalization and interoperability. In theory a Canadian F35 could target something, be verified by a Greek f35 and an US F35 could fire the munition needed for the job, all with digital precision. The tech is proprietary and cutting edge and we wouldn't want sus nations to get their hands on it. As much as I am fully supporting Ukraine in its fight against Russian Aggression, I am not sold on their ability to maintain and secure that technology, yet. Same for Turkey, a full Nato partner: just not a good idea to give that level of tech to a sus actor like Erdogan. 

Not just between F35s either. An American AWACs could identify a target, a British Destroyer could verify it, and a Canadian F35 could fire. The F35 could then immediately turn around and have the AWACs guide the missile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Optimist Prime said:

Corruption within Ukraine will take decades to clean up. 

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Corruption within Ukraine will take decades to clean up. 

not just Ukraine has that problem, we need to clean our own houses of the Russian influences as well, possibly other sources of corruption too. Whether or not we will though, that is the question.

• Vintage 4