The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Not surprised by this. I've said it before where it seems pretty apparent the Russians are trying to create discourse around the world to distract from Ukraine and to divert aid away from Ukraine. Gaza, Yemen, Venezuela, Ethiopia, etc: Spain would only make sense to be on that list of potential spots, especially given it would be within NATO and the EU itself.

That being said, the only question I would have would be whether or not the funds would have come before the war, because 500 billion is a lot of money if we're to believe the lack of funds the Russian government should have due to sanctions.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Not surprised by this. I've said it before where it seems pretty apparent the Russians are trying to create discourse around the world to distract from Ukraine and to divert aid away from Ukraine. Gaza, Yemen, Venezuela, Ethiopia, etc: Spain would only make sense to be on that list of potential spots, especially given it would be within NATO and the EU itself.

That being said, the only question I would have would be whether or not the funds would have come before the war, because 500 billion is a lot of money if we're to believe the lack of funds the Russian government should have due to sanctions.

An earlier post contained a tweet that did not embed very well and had to be clicked on to see:

Journalists who worked on the investigation spoke with @nickwallis  on our podcast, Dirty Deeds, about how they documented Russian interference in the 2017 Catalan independence bid.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

An earlier post contained a tweet that did not embed very well and had to be clicked on to see:

Journalists who worked on the investigation spoke with @nickwallis  on our podcast, Dirty Deeds, about how they documented Russian interference in the 2017 Catalan independence bid.

Thank you for that. That makes more sense now.

This is obviously why I ask questions. If I see something that doesn't jive there's probably a reason for that and this is evidence of that.

• Cheers 1