The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

24 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

More in the thread. 

IMHAO Ukraine, with the support of the free world, needs to win back their territories (currently occupied by Pootin) before the US Presidential elections. If Trump wins Pootin wins. Those two are bed buddies. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Ukraine, with the support of the free world, needs to win back their territories (currently occupied by Pootin) before the US Presidential elections. If Trump wins Pootin wins. Those two are bed buddies. 

Since Trump is likely the next POTUS we can only hope your concerns about his relationship to Putin is not true. 

While President he supplied Poland with advanced anti ballistic missile systems. He condemned Germany's reliance on Russian energy and was against the  Nordstream gas pipeline. He regularly condemned NATO allies who did not spend 2% of their GDP on their military as per treaty obligation. Apparently Germany has now done this but Canada has not. Under Trump American military spending increased significantly. Trump destroyed ISIS who Russia was supporting and ended the nuke deal with Iran that was being violated by Iran, another Russian ally. 

My concern about Trump is that he is a bit of an Isolationist even if he does fund the USA military. He is the only USA president since Eisenhower not to go to war. Many consider that admirable but when it is needed, as in Ukraine, the world depends on the Americans to step in. Trump might spend his money on the domestic front more than overseas. How much credence will he give to the long standing USA position against Russia? My hope is that with significant European support for Ukraine that he will continue supporting Ukraine.

I cannot help but wonder if the Russian invasion of Ukraine is being manipulated by NATO to get their budgets boosted? The Americans would be all over this. European governments have always struggled in their domestic politics to get their military spending up.    

30 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I cannot help but wonder if the Russian invasion of Ukraine is being manipulated by NATO to get their budgets boosted? The Americans would be all over this. European governments have always struggled in their domestic politics to get their military spending up.    

This is sort of like everyone rushing to say 911 was an inside job, because the republicans capitalized on it and used it as a vehicle for a lot of their dream policies to come in basically unopposed. There is a difference between capitalizing on an event after the fact and having a hand in said event. Every political silo of thought is constantly planning and re-planning and spinning to further their own nuanced agendas. i think a lot of people equate quick read and react moves to further an agenda 'post-event' with planning that event or having a hand in it. It is just 24/7 thinkers and strategists working in real time. Conspiracies are born of the idea you can't think and react in real time to manipulate the future, mostly cuz most of us can't conceive of the level of work and thought involved. Fortunately most western nations pay folks to do nothing but think in real time. Anywho..just some thoughts, not arguing with you personally, just your post was a handy one to quote for my thoughts. I see it all the time from pretty much everyone, even me, attributing to malice what can be simply allocated to necessity.

upon reading your post again though, I think we are saying the same thing, I am just keen on walls of text. hahaha...cheers.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

This is sort of like everyone rushing to say 911 was an inside job, because the republicans capitalized on it and used it as a vehicle for a lot of their dream policies to come in basically unopposed. There is a difference between capitalizing on an event after the fact and having a hand in said event. Every political silo of thought is constantly planning and re-planning and spinning to further their own nuanced agendas. i think a lot of people equate quick read and react moves to further an agenda 'post-event' with planning that event or having a hand in it. It is just 24/7 thinkers and strategists working in real time. Conspiracies are born of the idea you can't think and react in real time to manipulate the future, mostly cuz most of us can't conceive of the level of work and thought involved. Fortunately most western nations pay folks to do nothing but think in real time. Anywho..just some thoughts, not arguing with you personally, just your post was a handy one to quote for my thoughts. I see it all the time from pretty much everyone, even me, attributing to malice what can be simply allocated to necessity.

Wow. Your way ahead of me. My thought was only how NATO countries might take advantage of increased security concerns by their populations to increase military budgets.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Wow. Your way ahead of me. My thought was only how NATO countries might take advantage of increased security concerns by their populations to increase military budgets.  

The big miss here is that NATO countries don't want to increase defense spending. They would waaaaaayyyyy rather spend the money on infrastructure, health care, and social programs.

The result isn't "Yes! Now we have the political capital to finally increase defense spending!"

The reality is "Oh shit, I guess we have to increase defense spending now. Damn it"

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

UKR operational attacks are so very professional,.  

the drone work, both as for intelligence in “the moment “ and scouting is superior.

UKR troops and attacks on missions are deadly and fast ..

this is graphic ,  but does show the control and dominance UKR has in trench warfare.

GRAPHIC 

https://x.com/noelreports/status/1753340692116709744?s=46&t=pF6l3-VgKhn_UCNkMz2HVw