The Russia/Ukraine War Thread

Sharpshooter

5 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

I’m not sure what to make of the Poland/Ukraine spat. Is it posturing or the thin edge of the wedge?

many, many thanks to the handful of dedicated posters that have contributed so much to this thread over the past almost 2 years. It’s been my go to source for news and updates

I’m not happy how Zelensky chose to make the issue public. I think the biggest challenge is that his administration is an echo chamber. His original chief of staff was disagreeing with him on some occasions. He didn’t like it and brought up Yermak, who is a “yes” man. This issue was expected to rise, just like Poland had to go through a similar situation with German, French and Italian farmers being unhappy with influx of Polish agricultural produce flooding European markets prior to Poland joining EU. It just had to be negotiated behind closed doors instead of shouting about it from the tallest tree and also calling Polish leaders “working for russia”. That was very short sighted.

• Cheers 1

A bit more info on those ATACMS coming from the USA ..  not only is their range limited and “chipped” into their guidance and range,.   But for now, they will only come with cluster munitions , not “warheads” .

The cluster system, with a range of up to 300 km, will allow Ukraine to strike command posts, ammunition depots, and logistics routes far behind the front lines.

Biden administration intends to provide Ukraine with ATACMS equipped with cluster bombs, not a single warhead

Ukraine has requested hundreds of missiles. The missiles with the so-called "unitary" warhead will not be provided yet, but we can count on missiles with a "cluster" warhead, which are stored in large quantities in US warehouses.

According to the U.S. Army's 2022 report, different versions of ATACMS with cluster weapons contain 300 to 950 individual bombs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2